Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Yaldabaoth posted:

Everytime someone says "Touch grass" I'm reminded of the saying "If there's grass on the field, play ball" and it makes it sound like the person is saying to molest an underage girl.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

thinking about this a lot eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Stonehouse Beach posted:

Grass? It's a fine entry-level thing to touch, I guess. The mature tactilelier has long moved on, sometimes touching tens of things a day. I'd link some high-level touch theorycraft resources but they're *snort* a little too technical for a basic toucher

lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

yep. i remember the days when grass touching first took off. it was a simpler time, and youir average poster could easily be brought back to reality by exercising a rudimentary grass touching technique. these days in such a high flying, fast toucihng world, grass is just too primitive. it's why you see so many unhinged posters, seeking an ever out of reach unobtanium to touch and recenter the mind.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Vakal posted:

One of my hippie aunt's gave me this book called Earthing a long time ago and I only got half-way through the first chapter before I felt my brains starting to leak out of my head.

The basic gist of it is that walking around barefoot on dirt for your entire life lets you absorb minerals and "energy" from the ground which will cure all your ailments and/or let you live forever.

lol this is some high level grass touching. one of the texts stonehouse beach was referring to, no doubt

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i went out to cottage country this weekend and didn't touch grass one single time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

KitConstantine posted:

I have questions, mostly about what constitutes "cottage country"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottage_country

i was in the kawarthas