Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigSexy
Apr 21, 2020
Having trouble falling asleep lately. A lot of times I think about the vastness of the universe and how insignificant I am which makes me feel more secure on a personal level since nothing I do will ultimately matter. But lately this isn’t helping

What tips y’all got to falling asleep when your mind won’t stop racing. Drugs aren’t an option sadly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

made up scenarios where i'm the hero or love interest, mainly

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i listen to mrcreepypasta on youtube

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Recently, I mostly think about my most recent games of CKII and how that would play out as a historical docu-drama. It's been a while, but also some of my more dramatic heavily modded Emperor of the Fading Suns games (usually with some PBEM games mixed in). Or what happens in Vvardenfell after some of my Nevarines are cowardly murdered by radical members of the Temple and what succession looks like. Or the political machinations of FO2 after my character was done, or if a radical all 10 prewar clonetech was discovered and raised by a tribe. Or various fanfic universes I've created in Star Wars or Babylon 5 (that one ended up becoming its own thing and is now just it's own universe).

Plus lots of random stuff when I can get into a proper twilight semi-lucid state. That's always the best but I've got to get myself into the right kind of tired for that to happen.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Your posts, OP

For real if I can’t fall asleep I read the news which probably isn’t good either

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
Just get exhausted. That does the trick.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Bodhidharma posted:

Just get exhausted. That does the trick.

plus if you have depression just go for a walk

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Sid Vicious posted:

i listen to mrcreepypasta on youtube

This dude and Dr.Hollowed have very good voices to fall asleep to.

Vilgefartz
Apr 29, 2013

Good ideas 4 free
Fun Shoe
I think about making a video game from the most naive perspective i can, like 'wouldnt it be cool if.. and then if this happened.. etc', while disregarding implementation details very intentionally.

Its like nice squishy nothing thoughts that are super pleasant and relaxing.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

nothing helps, you're either tired enough to fall asleep or you aren't

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
I really enjoyed "Mad God" because it is basically what I see when I close my eyes and unfocus. So to fall asleep I have to focus to keep the visions at bay. But sometimes embracing them is great.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

elaborate sexual fantasies. it works. overdue bills? couldn't care less.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
covetous fantasies are haram

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCpNWWLjMHo&t=59s

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The best way to fall asleep for me is to turn on some white noise, I like the sound of rain personally, then lay down, breathe deep and slowly through the nose

Think only about breathing in and out... Count the time of your breathing. Go for like 5 seconds in then 5 seconds out. Increase count up to like 10.

The important part of blanking your mind off thoughts except for the immediate. That's why paying attention to your breathing helps. Stay in the moment and don't think about the future.

I've had trouble going to sleep since I was like 10 years old, and it definitely takes practice. I'm pretty good at it now. It's like a form of meditation maybe 🤔

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Nothing, really. Thanks, Ambien!

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxd-X8P-GtY

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

It also helps a ton of the bedroom is nice and cool for me.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

What's got your mind racing friend?

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
I keep having these dreams of a woman walking out of a church or a cemetery. I get them sometimes when I am awake too. There is a voice that sounds like a radio just a few notches off telling me something I can't hear.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I imagine i'm in a torpedo tube

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Tiddies

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Nothing, really. Thanks, Ambien!

This post is just an alibi before you post some huge racist screed, isn't it?

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
The trick is not to do any heavy processing and instead visualize your body slowly growing heavier.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I put in noise canceling ear phones and think about how I just nutted OP

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Nooner posted:

This post is just an alibi before you post some huge racist screed, isn't it?

Your mistake is in assuming I sleep at all.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
Ken burns baseball doco. Or any ken burns doc really

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
🤔

I think to fall asleep is good so you will not be so tired

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
what a mess I just made in your mom's rear end op

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I just close my eyes and lay still. I can ussually see some colors and images and then I know I'm about to doze off.

I have really wild, vivid dreams tho so I wake up about 3 times ever night.

Sometimes it's just nightmares of all the posts I've made...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Terrorists destroyed the World Trade Center, killing thousands.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Cryomancer
Jan 22, 2005

Indeed.
I usually like having nature sounds on, usually rainfall. Then, I try to picture a dull golden sphere, which helps me to look away from all other thoughts. Kind of meditative. When I'm close to sleep, I usually let out a low, guttural 'hmmm' without meaning to. So, nature, meditation and throat chanting.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sleep is just practice for dying

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Jacking off and cumming before bed usually makes me very sleepy

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I think about how Ram Ranch really rocks

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Mostly about having cool psychic powers or the ability to shapeshift, things of that nature

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I watch videos on my laptop with the sound off, though when I'm half asleep my brain makes the images look all weird and surreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i imagine my pillow is a pair of big ol bazongas