Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
How about a dinger or two from Morel and Contreras

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Any time the right fielder can get in the way of the center fielder who already has the ball in his glove on a great catch, he’s gotta.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Urquidy is on a great run

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
ohtani should just keep throwing fastballs since they're obviously looking for sliders, easy strikeouts

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Urquidy might actually get a CG out of this, the Sox seem determined to get out in early counts

also lol Siri drives in a run

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
let's sit Montero for a while

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Montero you rear end in a top hat

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
clearly a foul ball, go sit down servais

e: you too, Julio

Johnny Bravo fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 16, 2022

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What a strange challenge

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Wait, that ball was behind the pole, that actually curved around the foul pole, dang

Edit: the slow mo shows the ball disappear for a split second when it went behind the pole, seemed like a HR to me

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
rengifo has earned the gently caress out of a starting spot this summer

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Montero having to take like 6 mph offh is fastball to get a ball in the zone, that's not a good sign

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean… he wasn’t tagged by the first guy. That was a bad call. But he was tagged by the second guy? Or ran out of the base path? But the bad call changed the play? So… what?

It’s the bottom of the ninth so whatever I guess.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

gently caress

also what a bummer for urquidy, he was an infield single away from 8 shutout innings

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Money Michael at it again!

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
please no fastballs near the head this week

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

gently caress Montero seriously

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I mean… he wasn’t tagged by the first guy. That was a bad call. But he was tagged by the second guy? Or ran out of the base path? But the bad call changed the play? So… what?

It’s the bottom of the ninth so whatever I guess.

he was both tagged and forced out at second, I think Boone was just arguing the initial out call was wrong which caused him to just jog into second instead of busting it or sliding

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Don't tell Atlanta's kids about the Mets dominance this year

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Don't tell Atlanta's kids about the Mets dominance this year

I'm going to count Ronnie as a kid for the purposes of that double

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Intruder posted:

he was both tagged and forced out at second, I think Boone was just arguing the initial out call was wrong which caused him to just jog into second instead of busting it or sliding

Yeah I mean. You can see a play where he misses the tag and Donaldson goes straight to second before he has enough time to get to read the situation and get the ball back to second. But like… I’m not sure replays should be for hypotheticals. I dunno what to do there. The first call was wrong but you still got out.

But like Boone was clearly just throwing it at the wall because he needed baserunners and outs.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
JP finding his bat would be so nice down the stretch.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/jthoffman18/status/1559368406821789716?t=arL5VAxdfGvtXjPLu_1prg&s=19

This was ruled a foul

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

MadBum jawing at the ump

All is right in the world :allears:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol the game is in dubon's hands now

just call it a game

e: first pitch popout to end it lmao

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
lol Ohtani hates the call but that's a perfectly painted inside corner fastball.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

lol the game is in dubon's hands now

just call it a game

e: first pitch popout to end it lmao

Guess Pena neck was still too hurt to bat...jfc

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

TravDong!

e: mets should just let vogey pitch the rest of the game, for my enjoyment

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

D'arnaud?

D'ar-yes.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

LOL Grissom has 2 hits this inning.

Correction: Grissom had walked earlier in the inning. Still LOL Mets.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Yeah that's a beatdown

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

lol, lmao

https://twitter.com/langwhitaker/status/1559371570107355139

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

MONEY MIKE robbing beefy lads

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Cueto beat the Astros, his ERA is at 2.78 and he goes 7-8 innings every time out. Is he like finally fully recovered from TJS or what.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

lol pitching change.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Longo!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

:siren: Position player pitching alert in the bottom of the 7th in Atlanta :siren:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

LobsterMobster posted:

:siren: Position player pitching alert in the bottom of the 7th in Atlanta :siren:

he got a 1-2-3 inning against the top of our lineup too

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Ruf is a very good pitcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

because it was a foul ball lol

find any of the other replays that show where it landed, best i can tell it landed somewhere in the middle of 133 which is directly to the right of the pole down there

it barely went the same distance as the pole, no chance it hooked 15 feet to the right while doing so and went behind it