Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I thought we just hated mothman because he's from West Virginia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I thought we just hated mothman because he's from West Virginia

You're on the wrong side of the Mason Dixon, Mr. Mothra :clint:

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Saw one of those "Tic Tac" UFOs today when I was on a 737 at about ~35,000 ft cruising altitude and normal speed over the middle of Greenland. Whatever it was moved roughly twice or more as fast parallel, a bit higher then the airliner.

Probably not aliens, just military being sloppy and showing off their new tech. Pic sucks but it was hella not another normal plane when seen with the eye and everyone was pointing it out, it very much did not look like a plane and the speed was crazy.

This is actually all true, not pretending, just nowhere else to really share it and hey, mystery thread!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Tree Bucket posted:

I've devoted my life to hunting cryptids. But what happens when we find them? What becomes of us when the unknown creatures become known? Are we doomed, like Alexander, to weep at the world's edge? What if, when we catch what we were hunting, we open our grasping hands and see only emptiness?
Also has anyone got twenty bucks they can lend me, I haven;t necessarily been having a whole lot of what you'd call "food" lately

Your question and your problem are related.

A hungry cryptid hunter is a poor cryptid hunter.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

dr_rat posted:

Wait wasn't the end goal to get them to come to our poker games? If I can say I beat a bigfoot at poker, well then I can die genuinely saying I had a good life.

still searching for the elusive pool shark

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
*Eats a chupacabra chalupa smugly*

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

I miss mah boy Drew

There’s a reason we berried ‘im face down, you wanna take a tussle fer ol’ times sake

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Butcher posted:

Saw one of those "Tic Tac" UFOs today when I was on a 737 at about ~35,000 ft cruising altitude and normal speed over the middle of Greenland. Whatever it was moved roughly twice or more as fast parallel, a bit higher then the airliner.

Probably not aliens, just military being sloppy and showing off their new tech. Pic sucks but it was hella not another normal plane when seen with the eye and everyone was pointing it out, it very much did not look like a plane and the speed was crazy.

This is actually all true, not pretending, just nowhere else to really share it and hey, mystery thread!

Neat

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tree Bucket posted:

I've devoted my life to hunting cryptids. But what happens when we find them?
I haven;t necessarily been having a whole lot of what you'd call "food" lately

Sounds like you have an answer

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

which is a more seminal treasure opera: Count of Monte Christo or Treasure Island? Or maybe Poe's short The Gold Bug, to cover all angles of the France + England + US treasure traditions

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

*Eats a chupacabra chalupa smugly*

does it taste like the goats it ate, or what? which taco bell did you get it from? Trip report pls

tried to buy a case of chupacabra meat packed in cans once, but I'm pretty sure it was just unlabeled spam :(

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

E/N: My *girlfriend* loves chibi-chupacabras and I'm a dubloon-fiend. What's the perfect cross-hunting trip for us in South America? Note that I have a prescription to wear diabetic-friendly shorts in all weather biomes, so no mosquitoes please

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

BIGFOOT hosed ME

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't believe you.

Not after the years uh work we done put in

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

BIGFOOT hosed ME

Scrawny li’l feller like you? Reckon not. Squatch needs a man what can handle ‘im, a BURLY feller if y’ catch m’ drift. Now shut yer mouth and fetch them diet Thunders out m’ trunk, I got some drinkin’ t’ do.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Hey fellas. I was just thinking and.. How come there's no women on these forums? In fact I haven't been on a single sqatch hunt where there's been a woman present. What the heck is going on?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I seen a woman once. Tney are definitely real, don't let the skeptics convince you otherwise.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Hey fellas. I was just thinking and.. How come there's no women on these forums? In fact I haven't been on a single sqatch hunt where there's been a woman present. What the heck is going on?

Wouldn't know what to do with a squatch iffn they caught one I reckon

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I want the sqatch to be real but there is no way someone out in the bush hasn't shot one yet.

You get to try a few bites of sqatch meat and sell the rest to the highest bidder, and get on the news and stuff then write a memoir about it.

Or I guess donate it to science if you don't want to profit and be famous.

But you know you are going to still grill up some bites.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You better start believing in squatches, friend, yer living with one

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

You better start believing in squatches, friend, yer living with one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU0tio7WZtE

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

The Butcher posted:

This is hugely rad. I love it.

Tunicate posted:

Sounds like you have an answer

Sigh. Bunyip steaks with mothman sauce it is, then. Kraken calamari. Krakalamari??

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Just a heads-up, I was reading the forums at the library and right after I scrolled past this image a guy in a dark suit started glancing over at me and writing things down. I got out of there pretty quick but I'll be back later in the week so if I see him again I'll update.

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

I mean, yeah I guess I've had a thing for older women since high school, really. Mrs. Reyez's Spanish class. AYE, ME GUSTA! Hehe, but seriously.

But when I met Karen, I mean, that was it. Sure, she's almost 40. Sure, she's got a kid. But goddamn, those thighs... whoo boy!

E: Oops... wrong hunter forum, sorry

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's self-perpetuating. Most women don't want to join something that feels like a 'boys club", and the Supernatural fandom has been poaching young women with a burgeoning interest in monsters and monster hunters from us for years.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
We don't bring the women folk on the squatch hunts because you know, they might be on "that time".

The sasquatches can smell it for miles and it spooks them right off.

So it's just me and the boys in a tent, far away from the city folk, with all their questions and disbelief.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

IM EX GOVERNMENT ALIEN CIA I KNOW WHERE BIGFOOT TAKES PIANO LESSONS I HAVE SMELLED AREA 51 AMA

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

GolfHole posted:

IM EX GOVERNMENT ALIEN CIA I KNOW WHERE BIGFOOT TAKES PIANO LESSONS I HAVE SMELLED AREA 51 AMA

My dick smells of fish. Could I be an Innsmouth person?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

The Butcher posted:

We don't bring the women folk on the squatch hunts because you know, they might be on "that time".

The sasquatches can smell it for miles and it spooks them right off.

So it's just me and the boys in a tent, far away from the city folk, with all their questions and disbelief.

Sasquatch catches a whiff of menstrual blood and nopes right the gently caress out, but the stanky melange of gunpowder, PBR, and frumunda cheese from several 300+ pound hillbillies who've been in the bush for a week doesn't bother him at all and indeed, draws him closer.

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

Any good sightings in the Napa area? I heard some chupacabras maybe sometimes wander that far north, anyone confirm?

Anyway, my girlfriend keeps bugging me to take her to some vineyard and I don't think I can put it off much longer. Karen does love her wine, lol calls it her "mommy juice" on that blog she's always typing on.

Looks like that trip to Oregon is gonna have to be postponed.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Sasquatch catches a whiff of menstrual blood and nopes right the gently caress out, but the stanky melange of gunpowder, PBR, and frumunda cheese from several 300+ pound hillbillies who've been in the bush for a week doesn't bother him at all and indeed, draws him closer.

Them hairy beasts just love it, they get all up in there, snufflin an’ such, you can feel the hot breath on yer neck, makin them li’l hairs stand up, y’ know? They get reeaaalll close, jus’ sniffin, catchin’ a man’s musk and gettin’ all rowdy an such. An’ that’s even b’fore the squatches show up!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Sounds like you're mad you weren't invited on the sasquatch hunt last week

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

*Eats Sasquatch umbilical cord smugly*

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

*Eats Sasquatch umbilical cord smugly*

"We are squatching on the basest of plains; What we need, is more fur..."

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

Gorsh is it squatch season already?

My bad missing this. To answer your question: yes but the permits are extra limited this year

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
mothman would be a tender, empathetic, lover who'd tear your rear end in a top hat apart like that shitbox bridge

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
I heard the Consourvetive Government in Canada would deport Squatch from Vancouver Island and I just don't think that is right, he is a Free Squatch of the Land and has no borders.

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

Smugworth posted:

Sounds like you're mad you weren't invited on the sasquatch hunt last week

It ain't the same without Drew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Womblemania posted:

It ain't the same without Drew