Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stolkin
Aug 10, 2013

Who What Now posted:

It is extremely good and John C Reilly is amazingly talented as an actor, especially a comedy actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The 'you don't want none of this' running gag was great. My other favorite line is "Nurse! We need more blankets and less blankets!"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Free Market Mambo posted:

It's a borderline perfect movie. The moment where he sees a long row of bathroom sinks to destroy is so good.

YEah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2e-KsOWaao&t=1150s

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Get a hold of the extended edition, it's worth it

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

we gonna light us a candle tonight

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

"Let's Duet" lives rent free in my head, I hum it absentmindedly on a weekly basis.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
I do not believe I will ever be at a point in my life where I don't laugh at the running gag with the sinks, when he walks into a huge bathroom filled end to end with sinks and just screams in fury lmao

from the day I watched the movie from the first time I've been desperate for an Elvis biopic starring Jack White. WOAHLOOKOUT here comes the king

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Yeah this movie owns. Might go watch it again this weekend.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Dewey is having sex, with sunglasses on, while drinking liquor out of the bottle, and he yells, "God damnit, this is a dark loving period!"

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Riatsala posted:

Get a hold of the extended edition, it's worth it

The extended bits from the Brian Wilson album recording and the Beatles in India are both amazing

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

One of my exes introduced me to Walk Hard and besides the great sex it was the best thing she ever introduced me to

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

EvilHawk posted:

"Let's Duet" lives rent free in my head, I hum it absentmindedly on a weekly basis.

Here I am a’sneakin’ up behind ya’…

You can always come in my back door

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Toxic Mental posted:

That always slays me, Tim Meadows absolutely nails it

Get out of here Dewey, you don’t want none of this poo poo!
What you all doin in here?
We’re doin pills, uppers and downers. It’s the logical next step for you.
I do want me some of that poo poo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zcrb1ff1xs

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 18, 2022

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

We're gettin our rear end kicked by the Incredible Hulk!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Patrick Duffy's brief appearance in the movie is also a favourite of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxCQJVCsHYY

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Toxic Mental posted:

That always slays me, Tim Meadows absolutely nails it

Meadows is super underrated in general because the Ladies Man failed so hard. He’s not a leading man, but he’s amazing in the supporting cast of comedies.

He’s got so many good lines in Popstar too which is the other great recent music biopic parody. Also check out the episode “April in the D” of the show Detroiters

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Dacap posted:

He’s got so many good lines in Popstar too which is the other great recent music biopic parody.

Another great comedy that just totally ate poo poo in the theater, and Meadows is loving fantastic in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLooDtjrhv8

"I can't stop Seal from singing".

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Seaniqua posted:

Another great comedy that just totally ate poo poo in the theater, and Meadows is loving fantastic in it.

The whole blacked out scene where they fight the bee is incredible

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

If you want good Tim Meadows, the tv show No Activity has an endless amount of it. He's also very funny in the one season weirdass sitcom Son of Zorn.

Tingles
Jul 26, 2006

"I think I'm doing pretty good for a 15 year old with a wife and a baby"

One of the greatest movies :colbert:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.theringer.com/movies/2019/5/29/18642513/walk-hard-dewey-cox-oral-history-john-c-reilly-music-biopic-jake-kasdan-judd-apatow
Here's an oral history with most of the big names attached. It talks about how there were issues with promoting the movie because there was a writers strike so talk shows weren't on the air when it came time to talk about the movie.

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer
the right kid is gonna die tonight!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

A dreadful movie. It's just a scene for scene parody of a couple of biopics that came out like, two years before it, it's basically Scary Movie but for Walk the Line instead of Scream. The sink scene is literally just a scene from Walk the Line where Cash fucks up a sink, but in this movie, it's a whole row of sinks! If it came out six months later it would have had a scene where Dewey Cox quotes 300.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Boo this man! ^^^

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

How does it feel to be so utterly wrong?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I watched this movie tonight thanks to this thread and gd it owns

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Android Blues posted:

A dreadful movie. It's just a scene for scene parody of a couple of biopics that came out like, two years before it, it's basically Scary Movie but for Walk the Line instead of Scream. The sink scene is literally just a scene from Walk the Line where Cash fucks up a sink, but in this movie, it's a whole row of sinks! If it came out six months later it would have had a scene where Dewey Cox quotes 300.

I wonder if this post will still be poo poo when I'm 64

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, Popstar's also great, even though it's pretty much a carbon copy.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.theringer.com/movies/2019/5/29/18642513/walk-hard-dewey-cox-oral-history-john-c-reilly-music-biopic-jake-kasdan-judd-apatow
Here's an oral history with most of the big names attached. It talks about how there were issues with promoting the movie because there was a writers strike so talk shows weren't on the air when it came time to talk about the movie.

I just read this and its really a great article. It really has a lot to say about how talented and invested John C Reilly was and how much hard work the songwriters put into it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Android Blues posted:

i agree, i hate it when they just put a bunch of really funny jokes in a movie and call it a "comedy." loving stupid if you ask me

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Seaniqua posted:

I still crack up about Tony! Toni! Toné! Tonee?

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

Android Blues posted:

The sink scene is literally just a scene from Walk the Line where Cash fucks up a sink, but in this movie, it's a whole row of sinks!

that sure is a joke from the movie and the origins of it, yes

guys this parody movie is referencing other movies, deeply confusing

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

I literally laughed until I cried the first time I saw that part. Whole movie is genius.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Android Blues posted:

I thought you should know what your posts do.

They kill people

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

"Let me hold you midget man, pretend that you're flying through space" is so funny to me for some reason. Just so stupid, I love it.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

And I want an army of digeridoos. Fifty thousand digeridoos!

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Best comedic use of a penis in history

Drano
Dec 21, 2004

BEST at removing tough clogs!
Let us not forget esteemed character actress Margo Martindale

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

hell yeah like most people have said it's such a great underrated film.

like popstar, the fact that the songs in these movies are actually good pieces of music elevate them so much as well

if anyone else plays guitar there are chords up on ultimate-guitar under artist "dewey cox" for most of the songs in the movie too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Best comedic use of a penis in history

I'm sure you've given it a solid effort