Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
My favourite thing about this movie is that it was great when it came out but actually turned out to be stunningly prescient; biopics were fairly common at the time but they're loving ubiquitous now and are all essentially the same. Rocketman had the good sense to at least try to put a different spin on "[artist name] has to think about his whole life before he plays" but Elvis did the "IT'S THE DEVIL'S MUSIC" scene unironically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

I do not believe I will ever be at a point in my life where I don't laugh at the running gag with the sinks, when he walks into a huge bathroom filled end to end with sinks and just screams in fury lmao

from the day I watched the movie from the first time I've been desperate for an Elvis biopic starring Jack White. WOAHLOOKOUT here comes the king

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Android Blues posted:

The sink scene is literally just a scene from Walk the Line where Cash fucks up a sink, but in this movie, it's a whole row of sinks!

that sure is a joke from the movie and the origins of it, yes

guys this parody movie is referencing other movies, deeply confusing

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Mordja posted:

The purposefully awful casting for The Beatles.

Paul Rudd looking directly into the camera and saying "ehmahgyune" is an in-joke in our house lol.

god this thread is bringing everything back. Frankie Muniz as Buddy Holly and a good portion of his dialogue is just him repeating that he's Buddy Holly. Dewey yelling "TEMPTATIONS!" then it's The Temptations singing acapella lmao