Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

watched some better call saul friday night. the goodwill casio keyboard came in saturday and we jammed out for a while, then did backyard camping saturday night

currently drinking coffee and watching voltron with little jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Beeftweeter posted:

while you're at it he's got a wound on his cheek that we dont know how to exactly heal properly (a bandage seems out of the question) and it keeps falling off and then getting scabbed over again. its been like this for maybe 3 weeks, any suggestions?

i can take a pic if she wants but it just looks like a normal scab. tia

take a pic, I'll ask

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

PokeJoe posted:

take a pic, I'll ask

thx joe + joegf

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

doesn't look like much, she said it should just resolve on its own. if it doesn't you should get your vet to culture it to see if it's an infection or something causing it not to heal

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

PokeJoe posted:

doesn't look like much, she said it should just resolve on its own. if it doesn't you should get your vet to culture it to see if it's an infection or something causing it not to heal

cool, thanks, we've been cleaning it with isopropyl (which he's an absolute champ about) but its still a bit concerning. that said it's probably 75% smaller now so hopefully it'll just go away

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Does he rub it on stuff? You could put a cone of shame on him

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
c beach s:
low tide :cheers:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

Does he rub it on stuff? You could put a cone of shame on him

no, it's too close to his eye afaict

i just used the cone of shame to clip his toenails after his bath actually but today was the first time it wasn't actually needed

contrast with lol

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 21, 2022

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

climbed two hills and bought a good baguette, sunday going ok so far

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it’s now Monday morning. time to go to work :smith:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
big coffee on the table, MotoGP on the tube. life is good.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

little jones got swedish meatballs, lingonberry jam, nuts, raisins, some of those mothers frosted circus cookies, and some sliced baguette for lunch

wtf that's a fancy lunch for a six year old

i had a meatball and lingonberry jam sandwich. it was good

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

check that poo poo out

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lingon deez berries

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moo Cowabunga posted:

I want to do this but with sugar.

probably can’t avoid all sugar, but I surely can avoid sugar drinks…

maybe I need a wateruary inspiration.

this is why I made watuary, to save myself from myself

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kenny Logins posted:

c beach s:
low tide :cheers:

cool

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Moo Cowabunga posted:

it’s now Monday morning. time to go to work :smith:

gtfo of the weekend thread with this bullshit

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s just extremely late sunday night

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

after the success of my arbor I went back to home despot today and also built this shelf to take advantage of the little concrete ledge I have behind my door

im gonna put a trellis behind it in that indentation there

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
gearing up on my woodworking. i’ve been wanting to make myself a real workbench for a while, and i had a friday without meetings, so i blew off work and finally went to the local lumberyard. i wasn’t impressed; my old lumberyard (in manhattan!) had a way better selection. and then the driver was very confused about how i was going to take delivery of the half ton of rebar that he also had on his truck. but hey, i got my wood

and i’m getting a planer, and so i need a real dust solution, and most of that showed up today. so i got to clean up a corner of the basement and haul the drat thing downstairs and set everything up, and now i just have to wait for my cyclone and i can get started, next weekend i hope

also my wife wanted a garden hose, and we don’t have a proper bibb or really even a place for put one in. but we do have a shower in the basement we don’t use much, so i ordered a shower diverter and an adapter, and today we went to the despot and got a hose, and now that’s set up

and on top of all that i leveled my priest a little and did a raid with some goons, so it’s been a real good weekend

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

rjmccall posted:

and on top of all that i leveled my priest a little

ah that's what you needed the planer for!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
its totally overcast and raining again. just perfect

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Midjack posted:

ah that's what you needed the planer for!

oh my god

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

big coffee on the table, MotoGP on the tube. life is good.

good race.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

rjmccall posted:

and i’m getting a planer, and so i need a real dust solution

idk what size you're lookin at but if it's the dewalt one that everyone on youtube has, be warned: it is insanely, unreasonably loud. Even in the world of screeching dust machines, that thing is loud

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
hmm. it is that one, yeah. i’ll make sure i upgrade my ear protection, thanks

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

just woke up from a nap. it was good

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

graph posted:

its totally overcast and raining again. just perfect
good for the crops

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
christ im ready for a nap. spent the weekend cooking and packing for the neighbours and now i get to sit

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

rjmccall posted:

hmm. it is that one, yeah. i’ll make sure i upgrade my ear protection, thanks

i had to get rid of mine, went with a makita lunchbox planer, works fine.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

rotor posted:

gtfo of the weekend thread with this bullshit

its still weekend

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i moved a blueberry bush as it wasnt getting enough sun where it was. dug up an annoying pokeberry root that was like the size of a baseball bat

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

it was raining when i fell asleep last night. it was still raining when i woke up. then it started storming. it was so dark when the storm came by. almost wanted to turn the lights on. at noon!

if the old adage that one second between lighting and thunder = 1 mile away. lightning was striking about five miles away.

EDIT: adage? maybe wives tale? i don't know the proper word.

NinetySevenA fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 22, 2022

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

NinetySevenA posted:

it was raining when i fell asleep last night. it was still raining when i woke up. then it started storming. it was so dark when the storm came by. almost wanted to turn the lights on. at noon!

if the old adage that one second between lighting and thunder = 1 mile away. lightning was striking about five miles away.

EDIT: adage? maybe wives tale? i don't know the proper word.

it's an adage, yeah, that happens to be relatively accurate for adage

send some rain this way :smith:

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

i looked it up.

5 seconds is estimated at 1 mile.

https://sciencenotes.org/time-between-lightning-and-thunder-how-far-away-is-lightning/

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i also got a raspberry drink because why not (no dog rear end sorry)

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
in Michigan we have to turn the lights on at noon or w/e plenty for some of the worst storms. it’s fine

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

its still weekend

HELL YES IT IS

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Lady Radia posted:

in Michigan we have to turn the lights on at noon or w/e plenty for some of the worst storms. it’s fine
that's how you know it's a good storm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Chris Knight posted:

that's how you know it's a good storm