Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

This is where to post about the smashbros-like, half-free-to-play, cool new game Multiversus! The first and only place to post about it! post post post! Play today, but first remember to do your household chores! Your partners and roommates will appreciate it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Piss!!!!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

too many bugs players these days

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

WiFi protip: make sure you're on your routers 5ghz band. The difference is night and day if you're stuck without a wired connection.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I enjoy playing as Taz.

I would like an epic skin of Bride of Taz. It would work very well with his eating a bouquet of flowers in victory animation.

I would also like a legendary skin of Taz's dad, of similar quality to Uncle Shagworthy.

Thank you that is all.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Does Multiversus have Scrimblo Bimblo?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

I feel like anyone in the roster is someone's Scrimblo Bimblo.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I do think it's kind of fascinating how in general the Looney Tunes characters have declined so much in the public consciousness when compared to Disney characters. When Space Jam came out, it was a big deal because it was Michael Jordan and a bunch of beloved cartoon characters. Meanwhile I feel like Space Jam 2 could have replaced the Looney Tunes with generic characters and it wouldn't have made much of a difference to anybody in Gen Z or younger.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I find it funny that the final rewards on the Premium tracks for both Season 1 and the Beta Season (0) are both trans icons, being Cake (the genderbent fanfic version of Jake) and Valkyrie Bugs (complete with blonde braids and boobplate armor).

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Haschel Cedricson posted:

I do think it's kind of fascinating how in general the Looney Tunes characters have declined so much in the public consciousness when compared to Disney characters. When Space Jam came out, it was a big deal because it was Michael Jordan and a bunch of beloved cartoon characters. Meanwhile I feel like Space Jam 2 could have replaced the Looney Tunes with generic characters and it wouldn't have made much of a difference to anybody in Gen Z or younger.

To be fair this also a problem the original Disney characters have, too.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Well, before Space Jam 2, what have the Looney Tunes characters had a significant presence in lately? That throwback style series on HBO that nobody seems to remember exists (and is apparently still running but I had to Google to find that out)? The only thing I can think of before those is The Looney Tunes Show that was on Cartoon Network, and that was like ten years ago now.

Also, Disney's got an entire streaming network and theme parks around the world keeping their IPs hammered into people's brains, while Looney Tunes has... a couple rides at Six Flags that are decades old now? Are they still at six flags? I feel like WB has never had the level of relentless marketing savvy that Disney has as far as its IPs, and it sounds like that's not gonna get a whole lot better with the discovery buyout.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Runa posted:

To be fair this also a problem the original Disney characters have, too.

No, the Disney characters are still doin' their thing on the Disney Channel; there is a boatload of children's programming focusing on them and they even split it up into different age groups of kids by having things like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse coexisting with The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

No, the Disney characters are still doin' their thing on the Disney Channel; there is a boatload of children's programming focusing on them and they even split it up into different age groups of kids by having things like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse coexisting with The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse.

Well I suppose I should clarify, I meant historically awareness of Mickey Mouse and the like had been on the decline and Disney realized they had a problem when testing audiences to new theme parks. A lot of this was most noticeable during Michael Eisner's tenure, and arguably why Disney decided to buy Pixar outright--Toy Story characters were more immediately recognizable to younger audiences than their older properties, so may as well bring them all in.

This game is pretty much the best shot WB had to raise the profile of their own flagging properties and I guess, at least for one demographic, it may have worked.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Lux Animus posted:

I find it funny that the final rewards on the Premium tracks for both Season 1 and the Beta Season (0) are both trans icons, being Cake (the genderbent fanfic version of Jake) and Valkyrie Bugs (complete with blonde braids and boobplate armor).

Uhhh historically, the context surrounding Bugs Bunny's crossdressing has not made it the cultural touchpoint of inclusivity that you're implying it to be here.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Looney Tunes is at least on HBO Max but that would rely on the kid or their parents actually selecting it.

It's no longer something that is airing on Cartoon Network frequently with reruns of Hanna Barbera cartoons and Tom & Jerry.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The game isn't accurate until the roster is 95% Teen Titans Go by volume

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Cattail Prophet posted:

Uhhh historically, the context surrounding Bugs Bunny's crossdressing has not made it the cultural touchpoint of inclusivity that you're implying it to be here.

Look, normalization of crossdressing presented in children's media aside, I get that comedy's changed from "bloke in a dress" being the height of slapstick and that pretending to be a woman in order to score points against a hetero villain is charged with all kinds of stuff we don't need to visit in a games thread.

But!

I still want the cosmetic skin in the video game.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh since Mescal was up for editing the OP with more info, did anybody have any suggestions as to what to put in it?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Runa posted:

The game isn't accurate until the roster is 95% Teen Titans Go by volume

When they add Raven I really hope they give her a TTG skin because I prefer it to the original

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Macaluso posted:

When they add Raven I really hope they give her a TTG skin because I prefer it to the original

same, plus TTG would really fit the game better

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Macaluso posted:

They’d better make it so Bugs’ thrown pie is easily countered by Cyborg. In fact, it heals him.

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014

Macaluso posted:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:hmmyes:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

as a parent ttg is one of the shows i actually laugh at with my kids so I legit do want all of em in there

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

They should have all 5 of them as one character, a la Tom'n'Jerry

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Armor really ruins this game, especially when it's Wonder Woman style. Congrats to the devs on creating a straight up feels bad mechanic.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

They should give all the Looney Tunes characters skins from Loonatics Unleashed

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

BaconCopter posted:

Armor really ruins this game, especially when it's Wonder Woman style. Congrats to the devs on creating a straight up feels bad mechanic.

Armor is good and you are wrong

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

BaconCopter posted:

MV did not invent armour in a fighter

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

What about Glup Shitto?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

No, but it has many of my blorbos from my shows.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ProfessorMarvel posted:

What about Glup Shitto?

on all levels, including physical, I am Glup Shitto

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Roth posted:

They should give all the Looney Tunes characters skins from Loonatics Unleashed

Which of the two Buzz Bunny designs would Bugs get?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I want every Loony Tune to have a Tune Squad outfit

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yesssssssssssss

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Morty is awesome

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Morty is if Snake had a Tracer rewind

Wild

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Well I found out the hard way but Shaggy's Shirt Rip emote doesn't work for Shagworthy.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Oh hell yeah, gotta love the useless reply double tap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Froghammer posted:

Morty is if Snake had a Tracer rewind

Wild

https://twitter.com/i/status/1562191433234526209