Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Welcome to Innistrad Mafia, a mafia game set in the gothic horror Magic: the Gathering setting of Innistrad!

General Information

This is a game for 13 players with an above-average amount of roles, including a few unusual ones, but nothing terribly complex. Days will be approximately 48 hours long, nights 24 hours. The deadline will likely be somewhere around 9 pm UTC (5 pm EST).

The setting is just flavor, no previous knowledge of the setting or the card game is required. Actions will have flavor, but take care not to read too much into or base arguments on flavor. The results are what matter, and will generally be along the lines of "Your action was successful", "Your action failed", or "Your target is/did X", but beware that a successful action may not necessarily have accomplished exactly what you wanted. Scum may have been provided with fakeclaims.

There are no jesters, alignment changes, misleading role PMs or other similar bastardry involved.

Eliminations will be by majority vote. No-elimination days are possible if no majority is reached.

To account for other ongoing activities, this game won't start before this weekend - no sooner than August 28 (or whenever it fills if after that date).

Many thanks to Grandicap for his many comments and helpful suggestions for the setup! He will also be co-modding the game.

Rules

Standard rules apply.
  • Discord is required to play. > DISCORD SERVER IS HERE <
  • Do not edit posts.
  • Do not post while dead, at night, or between hammer and flip.
  • Do not quote or copy-paste out-of-thread information like moderator messages or private chats. Paraphrasing the contents of such messages is okay.
  • Do not fake day actions. If you perform or are targeted by a day action, do not post until it is resolved.
  • Do not lurk. Less than 10 posts per game day will result in a warning, repeat lurking to more serious consequences. This minimum is reduced to 5 posts if the day ends more than 12 hours before deadline and removed entirely if the day ends more than 24 hours before deadline.
  • Most importantly, have fun and treat fellow players as human beings.

Players
  1. b-minus1
  2. CirclMastr
  3. Idle Amalgam
  4. JOHN CENA (his)
  5. Nep-Nep (She/Her)
  6. NeverHelm (He/Him)
  7. Opopanax (He/him/opop)
  8. PlasticAutomaton (He/Him/Whatever)
  9. PsychoSoldier
  10. Shellception (She/her)
  11. WindwardAway (she/her but anything goes)
  12. wologar
  13. Yami Fenrir
Replacements: Sandwolf, Hal

Hyper Crab Tank fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Comod reporting in.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

There are no jesters,

Count me out.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Sign me up.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i winner

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Count me in officially

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
Sign me up 😎

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Count me in (also does this prelude a Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty mafia game?)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm in, wolfie

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I tap two black, one colorless and cast Murder on the scum who is definitely not me. I'm in.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Idle Amalgam posted:

I tap two black, one colorless and cast Murder on the scum who is definitely not me. I'm in.

You've activated my trap card Yu-Gi-boy!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

CirclMastr posted:

Count me in (also does this prelude a Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty mafia game?)

That would actually be pretty great. But also hi I'm in.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

actually spectator me, 6.2 is coming out tomorrow so I will not be giving anything else proper attention for a few days.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

third post in a row we're not starting for 5 days so gently caress it I'm actually in. Indecisive ho!

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Mafia voice I'm in

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bif join

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Should I join two games at the same time? The answer is yes

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Half the players in here I have not played with, the half I have are the ones I cannot read at all, AND I'm waiting on other ongoing activities to happen, so this is already a terrible idea. Sign me in.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Ok, I'm in. I shall be the Reckless Waif.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im going to be doing a lore gimmick. i cant wait for someone to accuse me of being scum for doing so :D

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’ll play if there’s still room. Otherwise observer plz

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

b-minus1 posted:

I’ll play if there’s still room. Otherwise observer plz

You took the last spot if I'm counting right!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Grandicap posted:

You've activated my trap card Yu-Gi-boy!

:monocle:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You can put me down as a replacement

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

You can put me down as a replacement

Ditto!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Spoiled obs please

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going to be super busy until the end of the week at least so if we're going to start right away you may want to just replace me

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The plan is still to start on Sunday as stated in the OP. Anyone who's signed up to play, be sure to be in Discord by then so I can set up roles and whatnot. Spoiled and unspoiled obs are both available to anyone who wants it, just poke me on Discord.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Unless there are any objections, the game is going to start a little earlier than previously stated: this evening EU time (about 6 or 7 hours from this post). If this makes it impossible for you to participate, let me know on Discord.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Unless there are any objections, the game is going to start a little earlier than previously stated: this evening EU time (about 6 or 7 hours from this post). If this makes it impossible for you to participate, let me know on Discord.

scum found

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Life on Innstrad is precious, and short. Mankind is surrounded on all sides by the innumerable children of the night - werewolves, vampires, demons and devils, and worse - not even death brings relief, for you are as likely to linger as a vengeful geist or have your body used for spare parts by a stitcher as be allowed the eternal rest of the Blessed Sleep. Once, the Church of Avacyn stood as a bulwark against the darkness, until the archangel Avacyn suddenly disappeared. For years mankind prayed for her return; but they were not prepared when their prayers were answered and Avacyn returned at last, raining fire and death upon those she was meant to protect. In the wake of her genocidal madness, mankind remained alive only through the brave resistance of a daring few, and the archangel was eventually undone. Avacyn is no more and her Church lies in ruins, Thraben overrun with the undead. Mankind is truly alone, now. It does not take long for those who lurk in the night to begin reasserting themselves as the true rulers of Innistrad.

Over a village whose name nobody remembers, a bleak, pale sun rises over a cold morning swaddled in mist. Humanity still sleeps, for now. The first to make the horrifying discovery is a simple beggar, his name equally forgotten by time. Soon the whole town knows. In the center of the town square lies the broken, twisted bodies of three of their own, splayed on the ground in awkward poses as if tossed aside like the broken playthings of a petulant child. Their bodies are ashen and pale, more so than the normal pallor of death; it's as if not a single drop of blood remains within these mortal husks. There can be no doubt. Something horrible lurks within the village, something at once secret yet arrogant, eager to make a display of its power only under the cover of darkness. Three bodies. Three deaths. Three hunters of mankind. They could be any among you. Who can be trusted? Who hides something horrifying beneath an innocent face? And can they be stopped before they kill again?

Day one has begun.

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 29th, 2022 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

First.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I haven’t had time to read my pm but I assume I am town hello

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Ohhhh this is gonna be fun :getin:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I would post a picture of my copy of Avacyn's Memorial if I could do so easily over mobile. I definitely don't have access to Lpix at the moment, though.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hi

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I have once again entered a world of survival horror... who's scum, and why isn't it me?

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Time to hunt some scum.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

NeverHelm posted:

Time to hunt some scum.

Found one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

NeverHelm posted:

Time to hunt some scum.

Are you one?

Also F:B but I had a thought I am not letting it go away