Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Count me in officially

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Vetting process

##Vote: Yami Fenrir

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Shellception posted:

Ohhhh this is gonna be fun :getin:

Good vibes off this post for no good reason

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Shell, opop, and Idle have passed vibe checks so far.

NeverHelm failing pretty hard. bminus not too hot either

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Idle Amalgam posted:

Are you someone's parachute?

Is this the SA slang for an alternate account?

I'm used to calling them socks

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

wologar posted:

They probably thought that the Mafia Championships were the peak of their mafia careers, but they found the next step, SA Mafia!

My career peaked with my first game. It's just been a slippery slope ever since

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Alright, I'm gonna try not to flood this thread, but I have an actual vote now

##vote: NeverHelm

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

NeverHelm posted:

I seem fail the vibe check every game so I'm not surprised! Though I'd appreciate if you elaborated a little more on that one, since we seem to be done with the joke votes now.

Not much to elaborate on. I thought your opening post seemed forced and your follow-up was commenting on sulphur, even though there was more going on.

It's not a lot, but I like to get the ball rolling early and if your first line is "time to hunt scum" and then in 12+ hours you haven't even tried? Not a hot start for me.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Like I get loving around early on and would never begrudge that. But the dissonance between a fake sounding opening and not actually following up on that even with joke/prod votes or anything leaves me with more to be desired

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Shellception posted:

Also not feeling hot at all on Opop. Not sure what you see there, but I am really not a fan of the "I am definitely town" posts, they always seem to me a bit like "hey I am making a joke except I am not" which, eh.

Am not a fan when Binus does it either, but since Binus does it always no matter what anyone says, I've given up there. Binus sounding normal Binus, he'll have to show up a bit more later, but I ain't pinged by him right now.

Like Yami so far, ear read. But a particular sign that tends to pop up with early scum Yami isn't there right now, so far, which is good.

opop just seems very free-flowing. Their posts don't feel like their forced or there for the sake of posting, more like someone who's just happy to chill in the thread. It's mostly vibes and it could change as the game gets spicier, but so far I don't get the sense they're purposely trying to float.

Unlike Never where they feel kind of awkward and unnatural in the thread

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

That said, if opop would like to share any game-related thoughts so far, that would be great

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Yeah, I'm being wary with Yami. I've only seen him as a wolf so far and I thought he was good at making his posts look good. So far he hasn't done anything that I think is impossible as scum, but he also hasn't pinged me .

I did like the callout on Never though, so that's a decent look

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

I also kinda liked Wind's progression on bminus, especially the point where she doubled down the vote when someone called them partnered

I don't really have any strong feelings on anyone else right now

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

I appreciate the honesty, though if you're uncomfortable with the joke post phase, why not start poking somewhere? You don't have to make sweeping judgments. Just tell us the things that rub you right or wrong or the people your gut wants to vote, even if it feels weak. Someone's gotta get things started and until you start putting votes and thoughts out there, the game will stay in a joke phase.

With that said, you said you like me so far. What are some other feelings you have right now, even if you're not confident in them

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

CirclMastr posted:

The only good part about Day 1 is jokephase. The part of Day 1 where we have to make cases on people out of thin air is the worst.

And what would your thin-air cases be if you had to make one?

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Idle Amalgam posted:

here's my unpopular opinion: vibe checks aren't real and can't hurt you.

I lied - you fail the vibe check

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Shell, how long have you had that scumtell on Yami?

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Also, I wasn't expecting a whole rear end list from Never lol. I'm torn between "hey, this dude has thoughts" and "pressured to be thorough after being pushed." Thinking I'll keep my vote where it is and see how they develop over the rest of the phase for now

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

WindwardAway posted:

What progression lmao, I literally just asked them why I should think they're town and didn't really get a satisfactory answer so I voted them for now.
If I were partnered I'd vote them anyway cause loldistancing, but we're not, so my reason for voting them is just because it's a very small lead but it's the best lead I've got so far.
I feel like I'm overexplaining this, though. I'm not great at handling RVS in a "towny" way as any alignment, so I'm just vibing with whatever I see.

You are overexplaining this, but it's also overexplaining in defense of...your scumminess? Which I think only strengthens my read before lol

My original point was I liked how you came to prod bminus, and then that led to Idle saying you could be partners, and your follow-up by voting seemed very natural and playful, not something you felt cornered or forced to do.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Not sure how to feel about wolo downplaying the seriousness of his vote on circle, though

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

wologar posted:

So, did you decide to vote now because NeverHelm called out that you usually vote early?

Kinda like this, though

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t think windward is scum. Or at the very least, I think their “convince me” post seemed like a genuine reaction to my post. Which wasn’t a joke post btw. I never joke about being town

also kinda like this

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Shellception posted:

Noticed it on Death Coast, which I modded. Popped up again a bit in your qualifier game, and it made me think he was scum early on too. The third game I've seen him scum was earlier than both of those and we were teammates, so I wasn't really paying attention to read him, too busy panicking.

Thanks. My thought was if it wasn't some longstanding tell, then it's probably more of a good look for you because it's the sort of thing you might not think to bring up immediately if scum.

wologar posted:

PsychoSoldier's case on NeverHelm was legit ("time to hunt scum" / *crickets*).

These posts are headscratchers, though:

How would you know they are natural and not forced? Calling it a vibe check is whatever, but it seems to fall flat when you try to develop it further.

It's like a language/tone thing. Some posts read as trying hard to make content and some posts read like they spilled out organically. It's not always a strong tell because some people can sound natural while posting complete farces, but more often than not, I think wolves have a more stilted posting. Like it's made for appearances or for a specific agenda rather than actually trying to solve/push the game forward.

A wolf posts because they have to look good or else they die. Most towns, in my experience, post for the sake of finding wolves, working with the team and/or having fun.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

The latter is kind of a catch 22 because there wolves who just like to have fun and they can be hard to read for that reason.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

A bit behind and at work, should be able to catch up a little before EOD

Kinda thinking the Yami/Shell thing is town on town. I didn't take Shell's initial reaction as being serious, and I think trying to call him out for the timing of the posts and mods being available isn't a good reason to scumread someone, especially because the initial delay Yami called out could simply be Shell just not being near the computer. That said, I don't think scum!Yami pulls this read if scum. Less likely to focus on details like that I think.

Plastic, bminus, and circle are kind of there. Nothing to write home about, nothing that makes me feel great, but I did like Plastic's callout on Never

Jury's out on John Cena

I think Never seems way too over defensive in his interaction with Wind, specifically defending things that seem pre-emptive. Wind's take on Never's Green Wing read seems perfectly valid and him trying to explain it so hard like she misunderstood greatly just seems like trying to nitpick-fact-correct to discredit Wind's push.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

b-minus1 posted:

Cop ia to confirm his scum alignment
Mason ia to chat with him before I vig him
Vig ia to get town one step closer to victory

Is this purely a joke or do you have an actual scumread on IA?

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Still got a few pages to properly catch up on, but I was skimming a bit earlier, and from what I saw, Nep seems to have had a townie sub-in. Subbing in and going that hard when the slot was under no pressure I think is more often than not towny

I liked opop's vibes earlier, but I also thought they'd eventually start like...doing things, even the smallest reads. And from what I can tell, they've come back and have had like no take on the game. Rescinding that vibe read.

I think Yami said it, but b-minus was reading a bit like having TMI on Never, which is making me doubt that wagon a bit.

I like IA for sussing me. Same goes for wolo atm. Don't think most wolves see a new person comes in and posting like I was and decides that's where they want to push, especially when I was getting virtually no heat.

Circle's deadline post raised my curiosity. Kinda seemed like the naming three scum was obligatory.

Oh, I also really liked the post from Wind where she asked the difference between Shell scumreading Never for something they did vs. how they read the many lurkers. Further strengthening that read

I feel pretty good trusting Wind, Shell, and Yami about now. I'd probably throw IA in that pile too. opop is out.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Still finishing up at work. Should be around for the last hour if we don't hammer right away

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

I could vote opop tbh

Or circle

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Eh, let's change it up

##vote: opop

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

WindwardAway posted:

Oh hey, thanks for your thoughts.

Whats your current feeling on the Never wagon? Does it feel right? Does it feel shaky?

Still not thrilled with Never's posts as a whole, but I always get paranoid when a wagon sits at the top with little opposition.

That said, it seems like more votes cropped up as we got closer to EOD, so it could be just a case of wolves not around/hoping the heat would die out first.

He's still one of my main choices. But I wanna feel out opop for a bit while we can.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

CirclMastr posted:

It's almost like the start of day 1 emphasized 3 dead bodies and I'm interpreting that as a 3-person scum team.

It's more that I don't get why you would feel the need to have all the scum figured out d1 rather than just having a rough list of people you suspect in general. It's way too early to be thinking about full teams.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

b-minus1 posted:

It’s fine. Circl is fine. Lets lunch someone else

inb4 bminus is hard defending all his teammates

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

I'm good with circle over the others.

If he flips red, I'll be staring daggers at bminus. If he flips green, though, I think there is definitely a wolf in opop/Never considering the ties before the recent votes

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

That said, we should have more consolidated votes

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Idle Amalgam posted:

drat, this split is wild. Real no lunch possibility and day 2 will be worse for it.

Just a hunch vote from the Never stuff ##vote circl

What does the Never stuff have anything to do with Circle? Did I miss something when I skimmed?

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Opopanax posted:

##vote circl voting me is dumb

Do you have any reads yet?

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

CirclMastr posted:

Even in the absence of knowing how many scum there are, "top 3 scum" is a thing in general AFAIK.

I dunno, maybe this is a culture thing, but it didn't read as "top 3 scum" to me

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

b-minus1 posted:

Yeah I’m defending my fellow townies

Regardless of who flips and what the alignment is, you have moved up my scum list.

Bring it on, bub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

NeverHelm posted:

Yeah, you're kind of right. The two of you give mostly town vibes. I'll ##vote Opoponax.

I can't lie, the progression leading up to this is kinda towny