Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Excelzior posted:

to be fair they announced it would come in increments (paraphrasing) "matching our most popular products"

but uh.....lol.

I believe they will. I genuinely do. Believe they'll stick to that policy though, and I have a bridge to sell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

LMAO did I read that right? I'm not playing Enrage Warrior just to edge out mages, regular 30 card Wildfire Mage has been racing even aggro Mage well so far.

E: Just read the BG update, it's not something I play but if Blizzard makes Standard more expensive I'm out and I'll set my poo poo on fire. Beyond From Software gaming is poo poo these days.

Boatswain fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 24, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It doesnt sound like the gems will change anything really, it’s probably to get around loot box laws

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
I haven't been following lootbox stuff, but surely most European courts would laugh at an intermediate purchase invalidating legislation?

Quotey fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Aug 24, 2022

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

NorgLyle posted:

When are we going to get a new Rager? I hope the min-set fixes this glaring omission from recent expansions.

We sure got Playerbase Rager with the announcement today :v:

It's intensely funny that this dropped on page 1 of the thread reboot.

NA server: (username) poundsign one + the weed number - though I operate on Korean (read: Japan) hours so YMMV

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
#Duskmoor2170 , EU if anyone wants to play a few for quests or whatevs

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Navaash posted:

We sure got Playerbase Rager with the announcement today :v:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Quotey posted:

I haven't been following lootbox stuff, but surely most European courts would laugh at an intermediate purchase invalidating legislation?

But other games do the same thing? Maybe they don't sell the games in the EU? If I think of a popular game that makes you buy in game currency I'll post again, just very early in the AM for me.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The intermediate currency purchase thing is just the V-bucks/Robux/every-gatcha-game mechanic to exploit money out of kids and irresponsible spenders. So it's the token that goes in the slot machine.

Conversely, Loot boxes are the masquerading slot machines.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Alright - Jumbuck#1346 (on NA)

Resisted being Tonked:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/hgw462Ur3jr285mGKiL8EF

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

The secret to success is having RNG work for you.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

The secret to success is having RNG work for you.

It was a thing of beauty. Blessings upon the God of RNG, may they work in ever in our favor.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Blizz desperately need to remake the client with the addition of the secondary track and new currency. It's ludicrously bodged together as it is, seeing as they are living in a client built 8 years ago for 2 game modes and a very basic shop.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Is Kaelthas Sinstrider a safe craft or nah

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I feel like being released alongside Denathrius (and in the same rotation as Brann) makes the new Kael a safe craft.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

The concept of "safe craft" hasn't existed for about a year and a half now.

e.g. one of the best uses of Kaelthas, Control Shaman, was gutted in the last round of nerfs, no refund.

There is a clear next round of nerfs incoming.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How was Control Shaman gutted? Snowfall Guardian is slightly worse now, that’s about it.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

RatHat posted:

How was Control Shaman gutted? Snowfall Guardian is slightly worse now, that’s about it.

It's much worse. Snowfall was the only card Shaman was built around, because it was a board lockdown plus a wincon all in one... that you could repeat up to four times. By removing the "wincon" part of the equation you end up with a deck that can't win anymore (surprising, I know!). It's pretty decent at losing slowly, though!

Also as a part of this, the evolve package has turned out not to be good enough in the meta. Mage, hunter and druid all basically don't care and they're the Classes That Matter right now.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Nvm

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Quest Silverhand meets my crazy person years of effort Silverhand.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/d8aY7Do2ibgTduaxpQen4f

This is still rough and needs tuning but that Stewart/Umbra combo lol. Hard to justify a one off that only works when you've already found ANOTHER one off but absurd things happen when you hit it and there is plenty of draw. I had a 41/37 Divine Shield Poison Taunt Silver Hand at one point.

### 2nd Place
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Lost in the Jungle
# 2x (1) Oh My Yogg!
# 2x (1) Promotion
# 2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
# 2x (2) Air Raid
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Pursuit of Justice
# 2x (3) Day at the Faire
# 2x (3) Divine Favor
# 2x (3) Muster for Battle
# 2x (3) Salhet's Pride
# 1x (3) Stewart the Steward
# 2x (3) Stonehearth Vindicator
# 2x (3) Warhorse Trainer
# 2x (4) Lightfused Stegodon
# 1x (4) Spiritsinger Umbra
# 1x (5) Lothraxion the Redeemed
#
AAEBAeq3BATJwgKH3gPC4gS9uAUNpwXtD7jHAtnHApWmA5a2A8rBA4PeA6LeA8egBPmkBL/iBP3uBAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-239/

quote:

Demon Hunter decks are not good. Contrary to popular perception that they are somehow competitive, they range from bad to very, very bad.

quote:

We’ll give Enrage Warrior some credit. It got a lot better thanks to the buffs, it was just so far away from being remotely playable that even adding 8% in its overall win rate leaves it deep in Tier 4.

quote:

Paladin got buffed and yet it somehow got worse. While DH and Warrior made some progress away from being gutter trash, Paladin jumped head first into the dumpster.

:laffo: and this is what got published AFTER ZachO got all the salt out of his system

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 25, 2022

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I'm guessing enrage Warrior being better is bad for dude Paladin as all the dudes are easily washed away and it's harder to get the party started.

I'm very much enjoying Evolve Shaman in wild with the addition of some of the new cards from Nathria. Been having a great time with this deck I threw together, with no star bonus I went from Bronze to Plat without a single loss although I'm sure I'll start losing soon when I start facing decent opponents.

### Evolve
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Azsharan Scroll
# 2x (1) Convincing Disguise
# 2x (1) Evolve
# 2x (1) Scalding Geyser
# 2x (2) Carving Chisel
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Explosive Evolution
# 2x (2) Novice Engineer
# 2x (2) Sleetbreaker
# 2x (3) Desert Hare
# 2x (3) Primordial Wave
# 1x (4) Baroness Vashj
# 2x (4) Multicaster
# 2x (5) Boggspine Knuckles
# 2x (5) Doppelgangster
# 1x (5) Thrall, Deathseer
# 1x (6) Tiny Toys
#
AAEBAdjwBATrzwLj9gO52QSZ2wQNnAL6qgL2vQL5vwLYqQOitgPduAOogQSVkgS8tgSq2QSv2QS22QQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Patch Notes also posted:
https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23831411/24-2-patch-notes

This change seems cool for BGs:

quote:

Players can now exceed 10 Gold when selling minions or otherwise gaining Gold during the shop phase. The start-of-turn maximum is still 10 Gold.

But otherwise lol at the monetization

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
That is a cool change, especially good for Pirates.

As for the monetization of Battlegrounds, I've been playing (casually) with only 2 hero choices for like 1.5 years. I promise you it's no more or less fun than having 4 choices.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Hahahaha you can easily report people now. Good.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

quote:

Toxfin is returned to the minion pool.
Nooooo!!!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Were people regularly buying BG perks with gold? I think once or twice I paid for them but mostly have just done without. Would have always rather spent gold on packs instead. This new model is way more appealing to me considering the new BP will apparently cost the same as perks did to begin with.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

orangelex44 posted:

It's much worse. Snowfall was the only card Shaman was built around, because it was a board lockdown plus a wincon all in one... that you could repeat up to four times. By removing the "wincon" part of the equation you end up with a deck that can't win anymore (surprising, I know!). It's pretty decent at losing slowly, though!

Also as a part of this, the evolve package has turned out not to be good enough in the meta. Mage, hunter and druid all basically don't care and they're the Classes That Matter right now.

you should be happy - priest is back to tier 1.

the rest of us weep...

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Desert Bus posted:

Hahahaha you can easily report people now. Good.

how? my report button has been greyed out since forever... do i just have something disabled / need to turn something on?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Last King posted:

how? my report button has been greyed out since forever... do i just have something disabled / need to turn something on?

New update apparently makes it possible to report people in game as opposed to having to go back to the battle.net client to do it. This will happen when they push the next big update. I've never actually reported anyone, the level of abuse people lob at me with rage adds is pretty funny? But it's apparently going to be a lot easier to report people?

CAVEAT THIS IS BLIZZARD

expect 100% of popular streamers to have their accounts frozen due to reports

but when someone tells me that they with me and my entire [slur] family should die, i have to go back into the battle.net thingy and click more buttons and i'm ALREADY PLAYING A GAME THAT MAKES ME CLICK BUTTONS,and i'm not likely to report it

apparently new system i will be able to do it within HS itself.

i loving hate the HS chat client and I use it a LOT. loving terrible

small indie game company so i dunno what is going on with your button sorry!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

This is buried WAY down in the patch notes but it's big if you wanna be an rear end back to rage adds. I try and make them friends but sometimes they're just terrible people.

Feature Update: In-Game Reporting

In-game player reporting is now live for all players. You can now report friends, current opponents, and past opponents from the friends list menu. Grounds for reporting include inappropriate names, inappropriate chats, and inappropriate gameplay. Now we can all work together to make sure the tavern is a safe and inviting place for everybody to play!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I still lol at the reddit hearthstone post from many years ago where the topic was "What's the biggest lie in Hearthstone" and the top reply was "A recent opponent wants to be your friend!"

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

"inappropriate gameplay"

WHAT THE gently caress DEFINES THIS

this is more dangerous to the game than anything else they've done maybe? you keep running up against that same rear end in a top hat with the bad matchup and so you report them into oblivion?

is there going to be a system to filter out serial reporters?

wtf the more i think about this the less i like it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I can't read and that said it's live? I sure as hell don't have it.

Edit: OK have the button, is grey.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Desert Bus posted:

This is buried WAY down in the patch notes but it's big if you wanna be an rear end back to rage adds. I try and make them friends but sometimes they're just terrible people.

Feature Update: In-Game Reporting

In-game player reporting is now live for all players. You can now report friends, current opponents, and past opponents from the friends list menu. Grounds for reporting include inappropriate names, inappropriate chats, and inappropriate gameplay. Now we can all work together to make sure the tavern is a safe and inviting place for everybody to play!

hmmm... maybe this will work for me finally...

one day... :smith:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Yep, got the button. It's greyed out for both friends and rando's I've played.

Unless they handle this well (lol) the vagueness of what is reportable is about to become a problem?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
lol gonna get reported for bming Im sure :(

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I was cool with the Zephrys meta where playing it crashed you both you and your opponent and you just had to reboot faster. The Brann + Nellie deck where it ONLY crashed your opponent? Unreliable but fun! I'm 100% OK using bugs and just considering them part of the meta. Not being able to play until some rando reviews your history for "inappropriate gameplay" cause you pissed someone off?

This is gonna be a trainwreck.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I win because I have sent everyone who wins against me into a black hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

There are VERY few ways to psychologically game HS, such as all Gold decks, roping, and uhhhh? That's it I think?

This introduces a new, easy, far more potentially impactful method.