Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Desert Bus posted:

I win because I have sent everyone who wins against me into a black hole

Every time you play someone add them as a friend, ezpz you never play them again

One weird trick, Blizzard hates it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

PneumonicBook posted:

Every time you play someone add them as a friend, ezpz you never play them again

One weird trick, Blizzard hates it!

And so it came to pass that every player was friends with every other player and nobody played anybody anymore.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Desert Bus posted:

"inappropriate gameplay"

Constant roping is pretty inappropriate in my view especially on early turns

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
People who rope deserve to be hung by it.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I assume the report will come in with 24.2 next week then?

boo.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Desert Bus posted:

There are VERY few ways to psychologically game HS, such as all Gold decks, roping, and uhhhh? That's it I think?

This introduces a new, easy, far more potentially impactful method.

You can make the Last Attack with Leviathan who dredges on Attack and then Spam emotes while your opponent is at 0 health.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

discount cathouse posted:

You can make the Last Attack with Leviathan who dredges on Attack and then Spam emotes while your opponent is at 0 health.

I consider this the HS equivalent of a mortal kombat fatality move and thus completely acceptable and possibly even to be encouraged.

Edit : especially if you do it with the rogue discover on honourable kill spell.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Last King posted:

you should be happy - priest is back to tier 1.

the rest of us weep...

It's only because Rogue is so broken. Priest is basically the only class than can handle a stealthed 8/8 (or bigger!) on turn 4 (3 with coin!). Technically I think Paladin could too, but... yeah. The "quest" part of that deck is just to give you a puncher's chance against Druid or Mage. At the lower grind ranks it's not as well-positioned against the field. Mage, especially, fucks with Priest (including Naga Priest) real hard right now with their infinitely scaling damage hero power and 4x blizzards, and it seems like Mage is especially common where I'm at (bouncing off of Diamond 10, four times in a row now I've hit Plat 1 with 3 wins before a losing streak).

That being said I've actually been running Mech Paladin over Priest lately. Which means I'm not using a single Nathria card, but at least it's holding slightly above 50%. It's almost a good deck, the problem is that either you have to cut any reach whatsoever or you need to sacrifice too much consistency on hitting Radar Detector. Still, you have decent odds to undercut Mage/Druid and overpower Hunter, it's Rogue that messes you up.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

screw quest priest, I can't get over a 1560 dust (aggro druid) deck being tier 1

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Excelzior posted:

screw quest priest, I can't get over a 1560 dust (aggro druid) deck being tier 1
Druids have always been the favored class in all things Blizzard. Laffo that they’re the best control, combo, and aggro deck right now.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Where is the report button on PC? I am playing with someone who is deliberately roping til the last second with 3 mana

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Mayveena posted:

Where is the report button on PC? I am playing with someone who is deliberately roping til the last second with 3 mana

You to to the friends/opponents list and click the arrow button to the right of their name BUT it is greyed out and doesn't work yet.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I filled out a Blizzard survey that came into my email yesterday. Started with questions about what other digital card games I've played and if I think they're better than Hearthstone. How would I rank the game modes and what I thought of them from poor to great (ptg). A lot of questions about if I've bought any of the items available in the cash store right now, from the mega bundle to the cosmetics. How would I rate their value from ptg. What was their quality to me from ptg. How important each type of item in the tavern pass was from ptg.

Most revealing questions were about how many new decks do I build and play with a new expansion vs how many I think I need to build to be competitive. If I would care if Battlegrounds changes were "off theme" with the current expansion (I expect Battlegrounds will be getting content updates on a season theme that's different from whatever standard's is). And if I had seen any of the extra promo content for the new expansion and if that made me more excited for it - which I haven't, I guess they did a big story RP thing but I didn't hear about it, and then along with a ton of other sponsored reveals from streamers that I never pay attention to.

Nothing about a switch to runestones or a separate cash only payment for battlegrounds. But they did ask what I'd like to see improved and I said to bring back dungeon crawls. Maybe they'll listen!

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Dik Hz posted:

Druids have always been the favored class in all things Blizzard. Laffo that they’re the best control, combo, and aggro deck right now.

Well, Druid and Rogue. Although Rogue has really always just been the queen of tempo, not so much the all-around brokenness that Druid gets.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I'm so loving tired of mage

What dunks on mage

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Beasteh posted:

What dunks on mage

hunter and druid.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Beasteh posted:

What dunks on mage

Yeah, you gotta go under them because nothing beats mage lategame right now.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Can you challenge friends to brawl and then trade concedes just to get the pack?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Tin Tim posted:

Can you challenge friends to brawl and then trade concedes just to get the pack?

What will happen is that you will get a warning if you concede before you're at 5 mana.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Beasteh posted:

What dunks on mage

Hunters and Ramp Druids dunk on them, Rogues and Enrage Warriors are about even

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

orangelex44 posted:

Yeah, you gotta go under them because nothing beats mage lategame right now.

I've been playing mostly 40 card spooky mage at high diamond and I'm at the point where I just concede against quest priest of I'm not getting amazing draw rather than spend 20 minutes losing to the quest.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I’m happily stuck at Dad Legend, purely playing Aggro Druid to irritate the Ramp Druid / Spooky Mage crowd. Legend is simply out of the question, so at least I can antagonise the idiots on flowchart ramp.

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
BTW if you're using a deck tracker it can tell you the number of cards in the opponent's deck during the mulligan, before Renathal's animation goes off at the start of the game. Pretty useful against druids so you know whether to mulligan for Aggro or Ramp.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

GTO posted:

I've been playing mostly 40 card spooky mage at high diamond and I'm at the point where I just concede against quest priest of I'm not getting amazing draw rather than spend 20 minutes losing to the quest.

I haven't played it enough to know personally - I only pulled out Quest Priest today to get three wins over the Diamond hump. One of those was Mage, and while I did win I certainly felt like the Mage was drawing poorly and/or making severe misplays.

On a somewhat related note, I finally crafted Theotar and holy poo poo he's a really good card. Probably not broken, exactly, but it's definitely able to decide certain matchups on it's own. It's like Mutanis if you gave it a better effect and also made it cheaper.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I queued up XL Spooky Mage three days ago for some quests.

Immediately ran into aggro druid and aggro DH, crushed them.

Felt dirty, logged off.

Today, needed to finish my monthly legend climb and do more mage/hp quests.

Started on PLATINUM 3 with a winstreak:

:barf:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I need the XL Spooky Mage list, I'm running the 30-card one right now

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

This is the most popular high win rate one on hsreplay at diamond / legend:

### Spooky Mage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Flurry (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Wildfire
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 2x (1) Shivering Sorceress
# 2x (2) Solid Alibi
# 2x (2) Amplified Snowflurry
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Nightcloak Sanctum
# 2x (3) Frostweave Dungeoneer
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (4) Varden Dawngrasp
# 1x (4) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 2x (4) Reckless Apprentice
# 2x (4) Deepwater Evoker
# 2x (4) Cold Case
# 1x (6) Kael'thas Sinstrider
# 2x (6) Grey Sage Parrot
# 2x (6) Deathborne
# 2x (6) Blizzard
# 1x (7) Magister Dawngrasp
# 1x (8) Mordresh Fire Eye
# 1x (8) Kel'Thuzad, the Inevitable
# 2x (9) Rune of the Archmage
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAECAf0ECtjsA53uA6CKBOWwBOnQBJjUBLjZBLrkBJfvBL7wBA/U6gPS7APT7APW7AOSgQSTgQSfkgShkgT8ngT7ogTx0wTK3gTb3gT67ASEkwUA
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/xICgYm0H2mEwbRcPUE7yTe/

The alternatives sometime fit in sivara for more spells or a smothering starfish etc.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I just ran into silence shadow priest with double humongous razorleaf and that was a blast from the past

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I'm the weirdo who really enjoys playing as and against the top meta decks (ramp druid and spooky mage), so I had a lot of fun playing a lot this month and even hit legend!

I particularly love that the meta feels very much like a safe space from dumb aggro decks who're being pushed out by spooky mage. The new-ish aggro druid that's been creeping into the meta also feels pretty fair to play against.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Realize now that it's part of the battlecry therefore the interaction is totally correct, but it was a huge bummer realizing that copying Guff with Murozond didn't let me exceed 10 mana :(

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
got challenge a friend quest patspens#1675

e: and taken.

Patrick Spens fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 28, 2022

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
### Reno Dragon Warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Raise Dead
# 1x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 1x (1) Malchezaar's Imp
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 1x (1) Tour Guide
# 1x (2) Defile
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Drain Soul
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Backfire
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Dark Skies
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Sense Demons
# 1x (3) Smothering Starfish
# 1x (3) Tome Tampering
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (4) Fire Breather
# 1x (4) Hellfire
# 1x (4) Hysteria
# 1x (4) Immolate
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Seadevil Stinger
# 1x (4) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (5) Gorloc Ravager
# 1x (6) Entitled Customer
# 1x (6) Kael'thas Sinstrider
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Tickatus
# 1x (7) Lord Godfrey
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (8) Gigafin
# 1x (8) Kazakusan
# 1x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) Raid Boss Onyxia
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAEBAarABCjcBry2Ati7AvO9At/EAufLAvLQApz4AvyjA+usA5GxA5vNA9fOA5LeA87hA/jjA5PkA6bvA4L7A4P7A7CKBI+fBIOgBOegBKWtBISwBOWwBMeyBNWyBI21BPXHBPXOBOnQBJbUBJjUBJrUBPnYBLjZBJfvBL7wBAAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

### Big Buff n' Shuff
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) K9-0tron
# 2x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Revive Pet
# 1x (3) Shan'do Wildclaw
# 1x (4) Ambassador Faelin
# 2x (4) Azsharan Saber
# 2x (4) Dire Frenzy
# 1x (4) Stormpike Battle Ram
# 2x (4) Warsong Wrangler
# 1x (5) Ara'lon
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 2x (5) Pet Collector
# 1x (5) The Rat King
# 2x (5) Trampling Rhino
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
# 2x (7) Mountain Bear
# 1x (7) Swamp King Dred
# 1x (8) Charged Devilsaur
# 1x (9) King Krush
# 1x (9) Oondasta
# 1x (9) Wing Commander Ichman
#
AAEBAa/XAw7GwgKWwwKG0wKbigPB0APl7wPK+wPbkQThnwTYowTaowSbyQTT5ASX7wQN8pYD/7oDhuID6ukD8OwDqZ8EvaAE16ME5aQEwKwEwLkEg8gEv9MEAA==
#

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

If you’re playing standard, anyone see any class other than druids and mages? They need a emergency hot fix or something.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

GTO posted:

This is the most popular high win rate one on hsreplay at diamond / legend:

### Spooky Mage

6-3 with my dumb rear end piloting it tonight, it's real good. Very control-feeling, you just kinda stall and freeze and kill stuff until you get one of your three late-game hammers.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Mayveena posted:

If you’re playing standard, anyone see any class other than druids and mages? They need a emergency hot fix or something.

It's all rogue up top, otherwise those are the viable classes rn (priest maybe too but you see less of it)

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
CMBrick #1242 for a friend challenge quest!

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Strawberry Panda posted:

CMBrick #1242 for a friend challenge quest!

still need this done?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mayveena posted:

it's basically all quest, druid, mage, and some hunter. pretty rough trying to climb (and time consuming)...

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I've been playing rogue in legend and I see a few others, but yea its mostly druid/spooky mage/quest priest/aggro priest/aggro druid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

PneumonicBook posted:

I've been playing rogue in legend and I see a few others, but yea its mostly druid/spooky mage/quest priest/aggro priest/aggro druid

This, but removing the Priest, Aggro Priest, and the Aggro Druid is rare as gently caress. (I've literally played against it twice.)

Everything else is Spooky Mage and Ramp.