Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Nektu posted:

Well, customer support hosed up.

They reimbursed me for a wrong item that I bought (bought the exotic version of triumphant armor instead of the ascended one), and instead of giving me back 175 wvw tickets and 250 memories of battle, they gave me 10075 tickets and 250 memories of battle. They mail from them contained a stack of 100 ticket items and another of 75. The each item on the 75er stack translated into a single ticket, each item in the 100er stack translated into 100 tickets :v:

Time to buy all the legendary armor!

You goddamn son of a bitch, I've been lusting after legendary armor for years but just can't find the time or the regularity to grind raids/WvW for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The right thing to do would be to contact customer support about the error :colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The right thing to do would be to contact customer support about the error :colbert:

Quiet, narc.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I will live vicariously through you. If you make rain purps, I will share in the glory. If you eat a ban I will share in the shame.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah uh, I'd just leave those there for a while and see if they reverse it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mercury_Storm posted:

Yeah uh, I'd just leave those there for a while and see if they reverse it.

No, spend them ASAP.
Once something is added to your wardrobe, they don't have a tool to remove it.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I guess you'd have plausible deniability as long as they arent reading this thread lol

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

hey guys what's going on in this thread right now

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Pseudoscorpion posted:

hey guys what's going on in this thread right now

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Well, Im happy to report that memories of battle (and of course the marks amd all the rest of it) are so expensive that I will not be able to actually spend all those tickets.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Nektu posted:

Well, customer support hosed up.

They reimbursed me for a wrong item that I bought (bought the exotic version of triumphant armor instead of the ascended one), and instead of giving me back 175 wvw tickets and 250 memories of battle, they gave me 10075 tickets and 250 memories of battle. They mail from them contained a stack of 100 ticket items and another of 75. The each item on the 75er stack translated into a single ticket, each item in the 100er stack translated into 100 tickets :v:

Time to buy all the legendary armor!

:hfive:

i think that only gets you one set of armor though!! https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor says it's 7880 per set

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Having been loving around with WvW lately I’m insanely jealous anyone could skip this hellgrind.

Why are the pip increases so insanely level gated?? Why does anyone who’s rank 10,000 need a special pip increase you would have more tickets than god at that rank :negative:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Having been loving around with WvW lately I’m insanely jealous anyone could skip this hellgrind.

Why are the pip increases so insanely level gated?? Why does anyone who’s rank 10,000 need a special pip increase you would have more tickets than god at that rank :negative:

To be fair, the only reason to play wvw is easier dailies and cause it's fun

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Sadly the required memories of battle that you grind alongside the tickets will severely hamper my spending.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Well, at least you get the max number of pips most of the time when you are mag. Also be sure to get wvw Xp boosters (there are several that are fairly easy to get). After the reward improvements they did for wvw a few weeks back levels now increase very quickly.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

tarbrush posted:

To be fair, the only reason to play wvw is easier dailies and cause it's fun

This is Maguuma privilege.

This season my server, Eredon Terrace, has been linked with Fort Aspenwood. Now I'm not a dedicated WVW'er, but I do play for a bit off an on over the last year for legendaries. We have never been paired up with a whinier server than FA. Last month when they ranked up and fought Mag? They spent the whole season whining about how unfair it is that Mag has so many players and that they dominate wvw and blah blah blah. This period they ranked down and have been dominating their matchup, just like Maguuma. I logged on last night and there were queues on EBG and Desert. They had 2x the points of any other team and 50% of all holdings across all 4 maps. They were patting themselves on the back in map chat for being such awesome pvp'ers while also actively poo poo talking my country bumpkin server, ET.

Actually wvw'ing with them is annoying too. There will be 4-5 of us taking a camp, then they'll afk or meander until they tp to a different map. No desire to take a nearby guard or dolyak, or move up the map and take other stuff.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
At launch I was deciding between Magoonma and Fort rear end, it's fun to hear grass is browner on the other side stories.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
There was definitely a period when Mag was the red headed step child of the servers. Happy it didn't last

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

AmbientParadox posted:

Actually wvw'ing with them is annoying too. There will be 4-5 of us taking a camp, then they'll afk or meander until they tp to a different map. No desire to take a nearby guard or dolyak, or move up the map and take other stuff.
I mean thats fairly normal, on mag too. But on mag you can usually fix it by just asking "tower next?", or if you need to go all the way by plopping down a catapult somewhere and announcing it in team chat. Noone will leave EBG for that, but the people stuck in the queue usually show up. Esp. since the weeklies where introduced.

I usually dont even tag up for that, I just announce in teamchat, and more often than not some shitlords will show up.

Is that the special magic of maguuma?

Nektu fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 10, 2023

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nektu posted:

I mean thats fairly normal, on mag too. But on mag you can usually fix it by just asking "tower next?", or if you need to go all the way by plopping down a catapult somewhere and announcing it in team chat. Noone will leave EBG for that, but the people stuck in the queue usually show up. Esp. since the weeklies where introduced.

I usually dont even tag up for that, I just announce in teamchat, and more often than not some shitlords will show up.

Is that the special magic of maguuma?

Nah it's the same on other servers. Maguuma is probably the 'best' at clouding but that's because it's all they do anymore. They don't take anything unless there's a tag on and they just sit next to OW and brawl 20 hours a day. Everyone clouds nowadays outside of tag groups and even the lower pop servers have a roaming presence. Mag is probably better at responding to calls but mostly by dint of constant pop.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Nektu posted:

After the reward improvements they did for wvw a few weeks back levels now increase very quickly.

Yeah, the restructuring betas and droplets of updates are we got me to play it a bit more seriously. But I think it also highlights how from years of casual play I'd maybe amassed only 600~ish tickets? But because the skirmish tracks are so insanely backloaded to the absolute fuckening of casuals, playing heavily over four weeks now I've basically quadrupled my total.

I think I also added about 200 ranks in my recent play to about 500, which seems like a lot, but the next pip increase is still at rank 620. Whoever designed these rewards is truly psychotic

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Well wvw was supposed to be the future of esports, so you can't make the rewards too easy to get.

Can someone recommend a survivable roaming build for someone that is garbage at wvw and just takes camps.

Any time someone shows up in dead. If I'm lucky I may take them down to half health.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I have tried quite a few roaming builds but since I suck at pvp, the salvation celestial renegade is the only one I ever got comfortable with.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Seconding tanky condi rev for wvw for those bad at pvp. I win fights far more often than normal (ie more than not at all) just using my general pve rev build.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

ok.

but this will be like me 3rd wvw toon that is totally useless. lol.

My fav is scourge for wvw. decent at tagging. but you drop a corrupt boon field down on a ball and its like they take my name and beeline for me as soon as i show up on the field.

Rev is heavy armour though right? im going to have to see what it takes to craft a set of cele asc :/

Orv
May 4, 2011
Under normal circumstances I’d suggest starting with an exotic setup to see if you like the play style but cele exotic setups are regrettably expensive enough that ascended isn’t that far off. The quartz is the real nuisance if you aren’t regularly doing that already.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I’d also say to start with Celestial trinkets since those are relatively easy to get as a core prefix and then use a budget set for armor/weapons until you save up or at least get to test the build

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If GW2 has a flaw it's that anything besides berserkers is crazy expensive/hard to acquire or just suboptimal stats until you can grind out stat-selectable ascended trinkets and exotic/ascended armor and ascended weapons, but berserker is under 10g to get fully geared out best in slot exotics and the lvl 80 boost comes with a free full set of exotic celestial which is great for a support or open world soloing character.

And once you start doing big world bosses/raids/fractals/strikes/seasonal map currencies you will be flooded with ascended gear of all types to throw on your characters.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

And once you start doing big world bosses/raids/fractals/strikes/seasonal map currencies you will be flooded with ascended gear of all types to throw on your characters.

Raids still don't do ritualist, because you just wouldn't enjoy it unless you ground out the crafting timers yourself.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I beat the base storyline again

Looking forward, finally, to some brand new content now that Living World is no longer permanently missable content :v:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Mailer posted:

Raids still don't do ritualist, because you just wouldn't enjoy it unless you ground out the crafting timers yourself.

That was an oversight, should be fixed in Tuesday's patch.

Meowywitch posted:

I beat the base storyline again

Looking forward, finally, to some brand new content now that Living World is no longer permanently missable content :v:

Tangentially related but it dawned on me recently just how insanely expensive must the VA be for this game. Nearly everything is voice acted, not just the story - all the random maps events and metas and everything. Hell, just the commander alone is 10 different people (or 30? I don't know if they also have 10 different VAs for French and German, if so then :stare:) .

Orv
May 4, 2011
The nearest immediate analogue is SWTOR which also has the vast majority of its plot lines voiced but might actually even have less nowadays since I think incidental NPCs don't get voiced dialogue anymore. It's a tremendous undertaking and there's a reason it's not done.

Or you do something like Destiny where your cast is like seven people per expansion.

Orv fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 11, 2023

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Or TSW/SWL. The player character doesn't talk, but every quest giver goes on for a while about every single quest.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
These living world seasons are quite fun! I’m half way done with season 2 and the whole Scarlet epoch was really well written! Thank god your character stops talking, it was really bad before.

Edit:
There is an insane amount of content given the price of the living world seasons. Hundreds of hours for $50~ is a great deal.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 12, 2023

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

FlapYoJacks posted:

These living world seasons are quite fun! I’m half way done with season 2 and the whole Scarlet epoch was really well written! Thank god your character stops talking, it was really bad before.

Got some bad news for you :v: The main character's VA is actually pretty good in HoT and afterwards

FlapYoJacks posted:

There is an insane amount of content given the price of the living world seasons. Hundreds of hours for $50~ is a great deal.

And now imagine that they actually were giving away those episodes for free. Not their smartest business move ever.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Mr. Neutron posted:

That was an oversight, should be fixed in Tuesday's patch.

But what of my insignia box? The one piece of notshit raid loot I've had? That will forever remain a black stain on anet's reputation.
(Note: Dramatization for television. May not actually be a big deal)

The silly part is when I do eventually complete envoy I'm just going to hand it off to an alt because I'll have full crafted Rit by then. :v:

Edit: and motherfucker I forgot to make string, setting me back a day. I may never financially recover from this.

FlapYoJacks posted:

The voice... doesn't get much better, but the personality does! As the content goes on stuff gains gravity and they handle it reasonably well. It's still a trashy sunday scifi tv movie, but it's one you'll actually be interested in.

The only thing I want for expansion four is for some sheep herder to ask him to find five sheep as the opening mission and just have the commander unload on him.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 13, 2023

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gave my Rev a new look

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mailer posted:

The voice... doesn't get much better, but the personality does!

I liked the part in icebrood saga where a spirit wanted to test your worth, your character is just over it and says something along the lines of "you're like the 12th god-like entity that's wanted me to prove my worthiness, let's get this over with"

[angry eagle screech]

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
the writing in LWS2 is definitely a step up from Core. LWS1 is okay, but its kind of clunky in how it adds so much new stuff. I'm glad when they redid it they cut out the Southsun stuff; it's in all honestly a lot of bloated content.

I felt that HoT was a good starting point for the good writing, with some stumbling but generally improving writing in LWS3 and PoF. imo the narrative peaks in LWS4 and its kind of been mulling around until the next big narrative hook since then.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

quote:

Repairing walls and gates will no longer award event participation. This alleviates the behavior we've seen in farming Objective Scaling Rewards and "wasting" supply while defending. However, an additional side effect of this is that repairing alone will not progress achievements that require event participation, such as Keep Keeper, Nice View, or Stay Out.

lol, and might I add? lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Games should not have rewards. You should play it because you like it and that's it. Sorry you're not big brained enough to appreciate the fine arts.