Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Let's make the rewards in this game mode require constant participation of some sort, no not that sort of participation. Also not that other sort. Yeah and this one isn't cool either. loving MMO fun optimizer content locusts :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

If you try to load into WvW with a support build it should just crash your game until you learn your lesson

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Abroham Lincoln posted:

If you try to load into WvW with a support build it should just crash your game until you learn your lesson

anet will find a way so that that crashes teh clients of your opposing teams and it will become the new wvw meta

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Well, at least there is no longer a 50+ queue on EBG all day now. You lose some but you also win some.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Yeah I can’t speak about regular towers and keeps, but EBG defense event rewards needed nerfed or altered somehow for how it warped gameplay

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

There's a name.

Also did a bit of a makeover to match my jormag pistols.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
So maybe Gyala and part of LWS6 will be about ptsd, but surely the next 1-1.5 years won't just be about trauma, right???

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
The game is due for a beach episode. Southsun doesn't count.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

The timing.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

MajorBonnet posted:

You mean Cat Island episode. Beach Episode can be the north part of New Kaineng that is risen infested (?? why is this not brought up in the actual story at all).

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Humerus posted:

You mean Cat Island episode. Beach Episode can be the north part of New Kaineng that is risen infested (?? why is this not brought up in the actual story at all).

it was actually, but in typical anet fashion it was in completely missable optional side content so I can't blame you for missing it. Soo-Won forged Eyes of the Ocean to protect the people of Cantha from the Unchained nee Risen, this is actually what the Krait/Blue Orb was/is (we have no idea how the Krait got it) we also don't know if they'll keep working with Soo Won gone so that might be a plot point going forward, right after Mallyck/The Pale Tree/Magdaer/the wizard's tower/Bangar/the Scepter of Orr/The Titans/the remaining Bloodstones/the Nightmare Court/whatever else they've forgotten

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Saraiguma posted:

right after Mallyck/The Pale Tree/Magdaer/the wizard's tower/Bangar/the Scepter of Orr/The Titans/the remaining Bloodstones/the Nightmare Court/whatever else they've forgotten the nobles in Divinity's Reach stop hogging the shooting gallery

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

with how bad it is in VB I don't feel like we're missing much

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

MajorBonnet posted:

Southsun brought us swimsuit issue lord faren and therefore counts.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Southsun brought us swimsuit issue lord faren and therefore counts.

Swimsuit Faren is the only mini anyone needs.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Swimsuit Faren is the only mini anyone needs.

Pirate Quaggan is pretty drat adorable though.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

all the cool elite specs are in EoD (mechanist, virtuouso, bladesworn, vindicator etc)....

now, I just have to wait for a sale :shobon:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
You are in luck

quote:

March 24–30: 25% Off Character Slots Expansions

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

No, no the thing I lack here is the expansion entirely

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
Have a Revenant question for the Revenant knowers in here. Which one of Herald and Renegade is the better healer spec? I wanna try healing on it (though I already have a Firebrand) and getting conflicting information on which spec to use. My guild tells me Herald is the go-to but elsewhere on the internet says Renegade. Anyone here know any better at all? Or should I just forget it and get the necessary gear for healer Firebrand?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Looking it up, probably heal quickness herald?
https://snowcrows.com/en/builds/revenant/herald/heal-quickness-herald

Rev's usually play as dps supports though and I don't know if heal alac renegade survived any patch changes from way back.

I'll just mention in many, many months of group content I don't remember the last revenant healer support I've seen, just rev dps supports or rev dps sacrificing some dps for more support such as the long lasting reflect tablet for fights with constant deadly projectiles that can be reflected.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 20, 2023

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
Both Herald and Renegade can heal pretty well, it mostly depends on which boon you need to provide (Quickness for Herald, Alacrity for Renegade).

I would say that Herald is the current "default" for healing rev in PvE.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Play both, since the alacrity change you need way less boon duration so you can use the same gear.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

play Vindicator and heal every time you jump! (don't actually do this it's pretty bad)

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

play Vindicator and heal every time you jump! (don't actually do this it's pretty bad)

Vindicator is indeed my elite spec of choice for it right now! So it seems like Herald is indeed the way to go then, thanks all.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Rev provides so much group utility. Road for mass stab, Tablet for all of its fuckery, and Mallyx boonstrip. On top that you can still heal and do alac or quick. It's just that it isn't as easy as QHB or HAM.

But then the downside of Vindicator is that there's not enough pike-looking greatswords in the game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So I unlocked Holosmith on my Engi and they gave me the lightsaber but I can't actually use any of its skills yet??? Do I need to go farm up 10 more points to unlock the photon forge first? :confused:

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Make sure you actually equip the holosmith trait line, that's what enables the sword skills.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Meowywitch posted:

So I unlocked Holosmith on my Engi and they gave me the lightsaber but I can't actually use any of its skills yet??? Do I need to go farm up 10 more points to unlock the photon forge first? :confused:

The first point is only "can use sword" and the second one is what unlocks Photon Forge on F5 or w/e

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ptroll posted:

Make sure you actually equip the holosmith trait line, that's what enables the sword skills.

Yeah I have Firearms/Explosives/Holo set and I still can't use any of the sword skills, it looks like I do need the second skill unlocked first

Weird way for these Elite specs to work but I also accept most people prolly just had the skill points to unlock half the tree immediately

e: wait. I weapon swapped and now they unlocked. The gently caress???

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

That happens any time you equip a brand new weapon. Weapon swaps or getting into combat/killing something should also fix it, iirc.

It's a weird little holdover quirk from how they initially designed weapon skills to unlock by killing enemies with that weapon equipped. It got changed to just unlock through leveling a while ago, but there's still a bit of jank under the hood I guess.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

initially designed weapon skills to unlock by killing enemies with that weapon equipped.

oh wow I totally forgot about that

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Abroham Lincoln posted:

That happens any time you equip a brand new weapon. Weapon swaps or getting into combat/killing something should also fix it, iirc.

It's a weird little holdover quirk from how they initially designed weapon skills to unlock by killing enemies with that weapon equipped. It got changed to just unlock through leveling a while ago, but there's still a bit of jank under the hood I guess.

Killing didn't work, I killed a few dudes with my offhand pistol and the sword skills stayed locked.

I didn't think about weapon swap because Engi didnt use to have it when I used to play (and come to think of it this might be why it bugged)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Well anyway with even just the first skill on the spec I am still having a blast hitting dudes with my explodey laser sword so

this game owns

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Elite specs coming from 2014 (or whatever) work fine. The process of gaining elite specs coming in now sucks. Is Harbinger dependent on a pet? Is Deadeye fun even though I don't like core thief? Can my hands deal with the Soulbeast rotation? These and many more questions will absolutely not be answered until you fully level them, do a HP train, then gear them in exotics.

I may or may not have decision paralysis on a new alt.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

You should just do what I did and play one character a whole ton till you've got enough gold to buy the gems to get the character slots so that you can have one of each profession, then never play those other characters!

Bosh, so simple.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
You can use the pvp lobby to get an idea how a spec plays. Everything is fully unlocked there.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's not the worst to do the specialization collections either when you unlock them for some ascended weapons and fancy looking skins like the holosmith's lightsaber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It's not the worst to do the specialization collections either when you unlock them for some ascended weapons and fancy looking skins like the holosmith's lightsaber.

Note this doesn't apply to hot specialization weapon collections never do those