Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is it just me, or does the text scroll a little faster/they let you end a textbox earlier now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

holy poo poo....

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Got KQd, but at least Collei is here. Now I guess I can save for EVERYONE ELSE GODDAMN.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
If you want to beeline for the talent domain to get started on dendro traveler that domain isn't locked by a puzzle or anything. It's not even that far away, you can go straight to it without going into the city or seeing much of anything if you just want to get access to the talent books and do exploring later. :toot:

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
The Traveler is a feinting goat and I'm tired of it. Is there any situation where their first resort isn't falling down?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Happy Underpants posted:

The Traveler is a feinting goat and I'm tired of it. Is there any situation where their first resort isn't falling down?

:anime:

Loving Tighnari's character so far. Tighnari's all let me explain this moderately complex situation to you in a few sentences. Oh and also let me show you I'm a competent character without telling you Genshin Storytelling is back baby!

Edit: Also Tighnari's comment about well if he enjoys seeing little fairies make sure to charge him, then immediately turning to Paimon was pretty funny.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 24, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah the writing so far seems much snappier, fairly complicated concepts are being explained in pretty concise lines. and the traveler's dialogue options are actually slightly different instead of two fragments of one sentence. seems like they actually listened to feedback.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Helical Nightmares posted:

I will never run out of meat :stare:

I rather wish the alligators were fish instead.

I could use more fish.

Also I kinda wish there was a bit more to it than "gently caress it, just wander into sumeru." It's real easy to just find yourself wandering around and so it's been like an hour or so and I still haven't actually "accomplished" that goal, despite all the wandering around and killing I've done.

e. I do rather like these enemies that smack you with whatever element you've been using on them, I've found a couple so far. Pretty cool, but also probably a sign that I should put away raiden and barbara and use eula to make my life easier.

e2. I finally walk over to the marker to start the "go to sumeru quest" and walking back through it there's a new teleport spot in the chasm and a tunnel to get there? Why the hell didn't it just send me there, instead of saying "lol just wander in it's cool."

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 24, 2022

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is the game soft locking for anyone else in the domain area of the Silent Seeker of Knowledge quest?

You eventually get to a room with an interactable spot you can't interact with and no way out/nothing else to do. Unless i'm missing something.

edit: nm, just stupid genshin being genshin things

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 24, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i don't know what's happening but there are a lot of numbers
hyperbloom soup seems like it could be a fun team

those green numbers in the second pic are doing 20k damage when I have a level 1 naked collei so I'm gonna guess that's Kazuha causing blooms with his burst. (mine is only 760 em so with better artifacts those numbers will be even juicier)

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Yeah despite his design being all over the place I want tighnari now. he's a more fun character than I was expecting. But qiqi ate my 50/50 and now I have no primos so guess I'm never seeing him because I can't escape qiqi and diluc cons/skyward weapons

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
That lvl 90 guy is an npc and not a rollable character right? Tears in the rain.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

So here's probably where you're meant to start, the blue thing's the statue.

Also here's a floating mushroom, because lol. I love the mushroom pigs, I'll have all the matsutake meats now

Valdent posted:

Yeah despite his design being all over the place I want tighnari now. he's a more fun character than I was expecting. But qiqi ate my 50/50 and now I have no primos so guess I'm never seeing him because I can't escape qiqi and diluc cons/skyward weapons

Honestly, besides the ears he just looks like that really typical long-hair smart dude who can't be hosed to help/do anything useful from any other game? What really weirded me out was how young he sounds in japanese. I'd only watched the EN videos, but he straight up sounded like a kid in the test run.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Has anybody got a link to decent locations for Tig's ascension flower?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lobsterpillar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz5ay2i11Eo

its a youtube video sadly but this is out at least, he opens his map with custom markers for a bunch of them at the start

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Happy Underpants posted:

That lvl 90 guy is an npc and not a rollable character right? Tears in the rain.

Yeah those are the new enemies. That's from the Sumeru artifact domain.

I really wish the game would add a training dummy somewhere so I could test out reactions and rotations and stuff and see damage numbers without having to murder a bunch of dudes in domains

Lobsterpillar posted:

You can use the official Mihoyo interactive map, it should have the locations for all the new stuff.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Note Block posted:

I'm parking Kazuha at the top of the exterior of the Chasm and looking east.

The new view!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo, the traveller talks when you open treasure chests now! By 2044 they'll be fully voice acted in cutscenes!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

So here's probably where you're meant to start, the blue thing's the statue.
Yeah. There's a new waypoint in the chasm and a tunnel right near it that leads under the mountain and to Sumeru, dropping you right on the quest objective. Of course this is just a bit out of the way when literally everyone is just climbing over the hills or gliding in from Liyue or whatever. :v:

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

sushibandit posted:

What's up brother from another mother. Must be new version luck bonus in play.

Close, just missing the 4* character, but dang this must be some new version luck lol

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

without giving specifics i stumbled across a questline while poking around and now i feel like im doing a beast tribe questline from FFXIV and it rules :v:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Several hours behind but I have just obtained a house via helping out a Hot Anime Lawyer and I cannot believe I just now learned there's housing in this game now.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

I really appreciate how Sumeru just let's you run amok and ignore quests if you want. Also, Dendro Traveler seems to do plenty of damage with +0 artifacts if you just throw his burst into an electrocharged soup you've got going.

And speaking of artifacts, I'm pretty sure I burned through a couple months worth of luck with this drop I just got.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

RareAcumen posted:

Holy poo poo, the traveller talks when you open treasure chests now! By 2044 they'll be fully voice acted in cutscenes!
Someone hasn't used the traveler in a long while :laugh:

Asimo posted:

Yeah. There's a new waypoint in the chasm and a tunnel right near it that leads under the mountain and to Sumeru, dropping you right on the quest objective. Of course this is just a bit out of the way when literally everyone is just climbing over the hills or gliding in from Liyue or whatever. :v:
The tunnel to the new region was as obvious as the entrance to the chasm was around before the chasm was added. It always had the vines too. But any quest marker pointing players to go into terrain is sure to see players wander every which-way

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Helical Nightmares posted:

:anime:

Loving Tighnari's character so far. Tighnari's all let me explain this moderately complex situation to you in a few sentences. Oh and also let me show you I'm a competent character without telling you Genshin Storytelling is back baby!

Edit: Also Tighnari's comment about well if he enjoys seeing little fairies make sure to charge him, then immediately turning to Paimon was pretty funny.

Tighnari's english VA is very good, he has a controlled breathing to him that really sells his patience and precisely when his patience has run out.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
i just wanna move my comissions to sumeru mhy please

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Sanctum posted:

Someone hasn't used the traveler in a long while :laugh:

The tunnel to the new region was as obvious as the entrance to the chasm was around before the chasm was added. It always had the vines too. But any quest marker pointing players to go into terrain is sure to see players wander every which-way

To be honest, if I was going to look at a signposted tunnel, it would've been where that one fatui guy died, not on the surface. Frankly, from just looking at the map you'd probably do like me and take the northern chasm teleport and walk around.

Also hell yeah, I got a keqing and now I have to actually level up this lion's roar and swear at the TF box for giving me crap artifacts. Nice!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Hellioning posted:

Several hours behind but I have just obtained a house via helping out a Hot Anime Lawyer and I cannot believe I just now learned there's housing in this game now.

Oh yeah, it was kind of a big deal when it popped. Just - surprise, player housing! Go whack trees, something will actually happen now. Get ready to collect and covet all the hottest architectural styles to impress the half-dozen anime dudes and ladies who are constantly following you around everywhere.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

collei is very cute but that is not the kind of voice I expected from her at all

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Zenostein posted:

To be honest, if I was going to look at a signposted tunnel, it would've been where that one fatui guy died, not on the surface. Frankly, from just looking at the map you'd probably do like me and take the northern chasm teleport and walk around.

Also hell yeah, I got a keqing and now I have to actually level up this lion's roar and swear at the TF box for giving me crap artifacts. Nice!

You don't even need to go looking for it though
they put a whole new teleport waypoint on the map in chasm
if you head to the new chasm teleporter to unlock it you will just walk right into the entrance of the tunnel, since that's where the new teleporter is. It's impossible to miss it unless you just ignore that teleport entirely.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

LibrarianCroaker posted:

i just wanna move my comissions to sumeru mhy please

commissions are locked behind the lengthy Sumeru archon quest chain + the world quest that appears next daily reset

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You don't even need to go looking for it though
they put a whole new teleport waypoint on the map in chasm
if you head to the new chasm teleporter to unlock it you will just walk right into the entrance of the tunnel, since that's where the new teleporter is. It's impossible to miss it unless you just ignore that teleport entirely.

Of course I missed it. I activated the quest and it was outside the chasm spiral, which is a pain in the rear end to climb. So naturally I went for the nearest thing that would let me go around it.

I mean, I spotted plenty of cool sumeru dudes doing this, but that seems like a much more sensible reaction than "ah-ha, there's a new waypoint in the middle of this huge spiral. let's look for that."

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

BabyRyoga posted:

Is the game soft locking for anyone else in the domain area of the Silent Seeker of Knowledge quest?

You eventually get to a room with an interactable spot you can't interact with and no way out/nothing else to do. Unless i'm missing something.

edit: nm, just stupid genshin being genshin things

So uh, what was the solution to this? I've tried every angle (and I assume I'm on the same quest), and it's just mocking me.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
iirc that's a room where you have to do one of the perspective puzzles to line up some rocks outside the window

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, with so many success stories I've gotta do a little wishing now.

(50) Collei C0 (60) Favonius Greatsword R4 (70) Fischl C7 Diona C7 (80) Tighnari C0 The Bell R5

Well, got the new Dendro girl kinda really easily! I'll just hold onto these since I've still not hit pity. Gotta figure out if I try to get Tighnari now or go for Kokomi. And it's also super lucky that I just finished leveling Heizou and Kazuha's friendship to max today.

Edit: Decided to go for it because I have found a single mushroom and have no idea where to look and I'm back on the 'Wins 50/50s' train I was on before!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Aug 24, 2022

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Nyoro posted:

collei is very cute but that is not the kind of voice I expected from her at all

Yeah, her English VA definitely got a "...huh" reaction out of me

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Welp, been having server issues, so I'll take a break for a bit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/pakosun/status/1562374769466413056

tighnari was designed by the artist pako, who's done a bunch of characters in FGO (as well as the designs for the anime un-go)

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Sumeru is pretty neat! I'm giving Noelle the nickname the drowning machine because she's hucking dudes into the river one after another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
those withering zones do not mess around. if the bar fills up (which it does surprisingly fast) it's game over, respawn at the last teleport. I've been playing since a month after launch and I think that's the first time it's ever happened to me.