Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Ok thats just my opinion. I know some people live for it but I cant stand it. Tho Barbara/Kokomi/Baizhu yeah even I can go for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
That being said the Raiden variation of national (creatively named, Rational) is Raiden E>Xingqiu EQ>Bennett QE>Xiangling QE>Raiden Q>sicko mode. Much beloved for it's ease of use!

No Wave posted:

Ok thats just my opinion. I know some people live for it but I cant stand it. Tho Barbara/Kokomi/Baizhu yeah even I can go for that.

I mean, I get it. Even I'm too lazy to switch Kokomi from her Sac Frags EM clam set when playing non-Nilou teams. But it's a good thing to know! Maybe.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 2, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

Boat Stuck posted:

The plot of the current event is really, really stupid. Even for Mihoyo.

Yeah this and the 3.1 one were probably the weakest of the whole cycle I would say. For once I agree they kind of winged an event story and its a completely throwaway story

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tree Reformat posted:

Every Abyss reset, I get my 27*s, make one token attempt at 12-1, curse a lot, then go back to doing things that are actually enjoyable.

This is the correct way to abyss. Take one shot, get what gems are available, bail. The time cost of getting the last 50-100 gems is not worth it in the slightest.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If I could have one irrational change, I'd want all infusion characters to not lose their element if you swap away from them. Kaveh, Hu Tao, Yoimiya, Itto, Keqing

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

If I could have one irrational change, I'd want all infusion characters to not lose their element if you swap away from them. Kaveh, Hu Tao, Yoimiya, Itto, Keqing

:hai:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

keqing keeps her infusion if you swap

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Fake keqing fan

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

diluc does too, iirc?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If I'm wrong about how Keqing works then fair enough. I just want everyone with bursts or skills like that to work like Diluc and Noelle do. For the longest time, I had no idea that Noelle's burst hung around the whole time.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I cannot believe that it's six months past the card game's launch and I'm having the same experience as week-of-release players -- timegated out of advancing past player level 4 until next week.

(I've beaten all four tavern guests and every NPC I can challenge, duels where possible as well, and am at 1230/1300 EXP.)

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
meanwhile i've been at level 9 for months, and i've never done a single Inazuma or Sumeru match that the map screen keeps a reminder on at all times for

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

MoonCrab posted:

That being said the Raiden variation of national (creatively named, Rational) is Raiden E>Xingqiu EQ>Bennett QE>Xiangling QE>Raiden Q>sicko mode. Much beloved for it's ease of use!

I'm running this for abyss except with yelan instead of XQ because he's in my hyperbloom team, is this pattern still the correct rotation? I was using yelan's Q inside bennet's Q, under the impression it would snapshot

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yelan's q doesnt snapshot

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
Yelan's Q also doesn't use attack in any way. It's all HP scaling.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That too, yeah. That's why Yelan wants HP% sands, and works so well in teams that give her hydro resonance.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Please give me fire bow lady (good version)

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Machado de Assis posted:

I'm running this for abyss except with yelan instead of XQ because he's in my hyperbloom team, is this pattern still the correct rotation? I was using yelan's Q inside bennet's Q, under the impression it would snapshot

Actually wasn't sure if this was the case because of Yelan's shorter duration. Apparently no! You gotta burst, then Benny QE, the Xiangling QE, then Yelan skill (?), then Raiden burst, and Yelan skill again as soon as Raiden burst ends (???). I guess this is how you skill twice per rotation without Yelan C1? Kinda makes sense I guess...

But either way, yeah, Yelan burst doesn't snapshot. Xingqiu burst doesn't either, for future reference.

WAIT they're trying to forward vape Yelan's skill lmao. What a bunch of sickos, I'm gonna beat em up.

Edit: It works lol

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 3, 2023

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

MoonCrab posted:

And here I thought you wanted to EQ with Raiden as well at the end (you skip half the E animation and it lasts as long as the burst does). Might not be worth it for her personal damage though.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I just unlocked the character story quest for Yoimiya and was immediately hit with quest conflicts. That's what I get for selecting the "hit me with quest conflicts" button knowing full well that it would give me quest conflicts. Which it did.

Finally a hydro catalyst :v::shrek::imunfunny:

Kale
May 14, 2010

A beautiful, gentle and tenacious young lady with a katana skill as cold as ice, and a crane dancing gracefully. Raise the fan under the moon, and the song of streams and birds will be her accompaniment.
A girl with more spooky ideas than sea sand on Yaoguang Shoal. Quirky, enthusiastic and happy. With her little soul, as soon as she appeared, everything became lively!

Two brand new figure products of "Yuanshen" will be announced soon. Travelers, have you guessed who they are?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pikachu

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Gengar

god, I'm so bad at these

Kale
May 14, 2010

Gastly and Gym Leader Erika actually

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

That ghost that looks like pikachu

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Glaceon and Chandelure

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
i don't know who those other two guys are but the one in the middle is Willie Nelson

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm not sure that Tatara Tales: The Last Act is possible outside of co-op. The device you're protecting has approximately 19 HP, the Fatui make a beeline for it, and if you don't spend time taking the Hydro one out first he'll just keep healing the others until it drops. (Yes, there are characters who can taunt, but the only one of those I own is Amber and, well, Amber.)

New TCG mode popped up that's even more random than usual.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

delfin posted:

I'm not sure that Tatara Tales: The Last Act is possible outside of co-op. The device you're protecting has approximately 19 HP, the Fatui make a beeline for it, and if you don't spend time taking the Hydro one out first he'll just keep healing the others until it drops. (Yes, there are characters who can taunt, but the only one of those I own is Amber and, well, Amber.)

New TCG mode popped up that's even more random than usual.

Its a real bastard that one, it was a huge roadblock for me too. I tried over and over, then gave up and went away and did other stuff for a while, levelled up more (possibly levelled up different characters to my main squad) and came back and managed it eventually. Dont remember the details of what I did in the end unfortunately but I know I took out the hydro guy first, I suspect my basic plan was "beeline for him, set him on fire, use Sucroses ult to swirl the fire onto everyone to keep the others busy/aggro them to me instead of the doohicky". Possibly with added electro from either Fischl or Raiden. I'm basing that mainly on the team I think I remember running for most of the back half of Inazuma, other strategies will work too. Problem with trying to give advice in a game like Genshin is of course you'll have different characters available to you than I did.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Tatara tales is infamous for being kinda like a spiral abyss floor dropped into overworld, no shame in leaving it and coming back later. You gotta have grouping and enough dps to burst down the enemies you don't have good shieldbreakers for. It's also one of those places where Kazuha's crowd-control style really shines over the anemo 4 stars, so unless you're good at aiming Sucrose (very janky) or Anemo MC (hmmm) it gets even harder.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Oddly enough, I breezed through that solo with hyperbloom team, tho I was basically endgame level at that point anyway.

I remember my big roadblocks being Chi of Yore, the DPS check to get into Inazuma proper, Delusion Factory/, Inazuma Archon Quest Boss, and the vishap sidequest in Enkanomiya.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

MoonCrab posted:

Tatara tales is infamous for being kinda like a spiral abyss floor dropped into overworld, no shame in leaving it and coming back later. You gotta have grouping and enough dps to burst down the enemies you don't have good shieldbreakers for. It's also one of those places where Kazuha's crowd-control style really shines over the anemo 4 stars, so unless you're good at aiming Sucrose (very janky) or Anemo MC (hmmm) it gets even harder.

Definitely one I'll put off for later, then. My Anemo unit of choice is Jean, and I've never found a way to make Swirl inherently useful.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You can also ask in discord for help. I think other people can join you for it?

Cat Plus Plus
Apr 8, 2011

:frogc00l:

SiKboy posted:

Its a real bastard that one, it was a huge roadblock for me too. I tried over and over, then gave up and went away and did other stuff for a while, levelled up more (possibly levelled up different characters to my main squad) and came back and managed it eventually.

Same. I might've just left it alone, but it was a blocker for some other quest so powered through in the end. I think Mona made a big difference.

The real "what the gently caress even is this bullshit" moment is that 30s fight in Enkanomiya though. Nothing else so far was even close to how unfun this is.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Since I've started fresh on the PS5 I've been gifted a C3 Chongyun and a Wolf's Gravestone on a free to play account and idk how I'm supposed to feel about this because altho I like his aesthetics and all doesn't he really suck as main DPS? I'm running hyperbloom with Dendro MC/Kirara/Barbara/Lisa anyway

I've also been given a C2 Heizou which is just bizarre because he's not on any banners right now and I got three pulls on him on a F2P but he's entirely useless since I can't go to Inazuma for a while

This account is so cursed. Mostly pulling weapons over characters and when I do they're all constellations for the same two guys

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

delfin posted:

Definitely one I'll put off for later, then. My Anemo unit of choice is Jean, and I've never found a way to make Swirl inherently useful.

There's the thing you can do with Bennett's burst + Jeans burst. Jean infuses you with Anemo, Bennett pyro, so that triggers swirl constantly on anything near you

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
what a weird abyss

not even going to try for more than 33

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I learned a little bit from using Itto's deck in this event. 3 energy characters that don't synchronize elements well is a bad time. Barely won it with Itto at 1 health. If he had decided to attack on the last turn instead of making another turret I would've lost it though.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Cat Plus Plus posted:

Same. I might've just left it alone, but it was a blocker for some other quest so powered through in the end. I think Mona made a big difference.

The real "what the gently caress even is this bullshit" moment is that 30s fight in Enkanomiya though. Nothing else so far was even close to how unfun this is.

mine was that one quest in dragonspine where you have to kill waves of enemies under 3 min and the last wave had you fighting cryo mages while in the middle of a freezing lake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

halokiller posted:

mine was that one quest in dragonspine where you have to kill waves of enemies under 3 min and the last wave had you fighting cryo mages while in the middle of a freezing lake

I had blocked that out from my memory entirely, lol

gently caress you too, devs