Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Sign me up boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

It's been a while, and I wasnt great before, so this should be a mess.

##enter GDE's Shop

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Were I to guess, the potion shop seems the sketchier of the two, just in terms of pure setup spec. Let's say you get handed a potion. Can you trust what it does? She might have a choice to hand out like, either a healing potion or a loving-kill-you-dead-on-the-spot potion, and can just leisurely pick one or the other depending on who visits. What's a pet going to do that's bad for you?

I assume both might have a random chance of causing good or bad effects. GDE did say it was a rogue like potion shop earlier. So my guess is we'll probably get given like a "marbled red potion" or some poo poo.

As for pets. Maybe there's a chance of getting like a Gremlins or Little Shop of Horrors situation?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

girl dick energy posted:

This one's great if you're trying to get into smithing bronze but your ingots are poor quality.

You get: TINCURE OF TIN CURING

I've been playing Vintage Story so hell yeah this helps.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Cloacamazing! posted:

I'm relatively certain at least that entering the shop is not an instant kill, otherwise pretty much everybody is dead now. I'm hoping we can buy cool items (items may have deadly side effects). Providing info to the shopkeeper also sounds pretty cool, although at least in that example about getting role info without names on everybody, a shopkeeper would probably prefer a lower number of customers.

Regarding scum shopkeeper: How about a shopkeeper that gets to make a "special delivery" at night to someone who has visited their shop? Might be some bonus like staying undetected because he'd have a reason to be there? Or maybe he can only kill people who have gone to the shop.

Bonus option: Self aligned shopkeeper. Just here to make a profit. Wins if everybody visits their shop in one day phase.

This kind of mechanics posting is kind of pointless, especially this early.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Cloacamazing! posted:

I'm relatively certain at least that entering the shop is not an instant kill, otherwise pretty much everybody is dead now. I'm hoping we can buy cool items (items may have deadly side effects). Providing info to the shopkeeper also sounds pretty cool, although at least in that example about getting role info without names on everybody, a shopkeeper would probably prefer a lower number of customers.

Regarding scum shopkeeper: How about a shopkeeper that gets to make a "special delivery" at night to someone who has visited their shop? Might be some bonus like staying undetected because he'd have a reason to be there? Or maybe he can only kill people who have gone to the shop.

Bonus option: Self aligned shopkeeper. Just here to make a profit. Wins if everybody visits their shop in one day phase.

Circling back to last night, I like this post even less.

##vote cloacamazing!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Cloacamazing! posted:

Okay, I don't like voting people who just voted me because it feels kind of childish, but this? Super weak attempt to get the cloaca train rolling again. ##vote A Sometimes Food

:smug:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Cloacamazing! posted:

Okay, I don't like voting people who just voted me because it feels kind of childish, but this? Super weak attempt to get the cloaca train rolling again. ##vote A Sometimes Food

More seriously, there was a cloaca train?

It should have kept going then, cause that is by far the worst post in the thread to me.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

The one thing that irked me was Cloaca's speculation about the shop mechanic. It was oddly specific and detailed considering that the one thing we all know right now is that we don't know much yet.

Honestly I thought similar ideas for the shopkeepers, so I feel like it's a fairly logical conclusion to come to based on the absolute nothing we have information wise.

I just didnt post it cause I also recognised it was an absolute nothing information wise mechanics spec. Like it's an obvious guess, that is also meaningless cause we know nothing and it's mechanical spec. It's just a time wasting post to look more active.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

WindwardAway posted:

Well, that's the problem with Cloaca's post, it just doesn't accomplish anything at all. I think we've all had thoughts and speculations about the shopkeeper mechanics and only Cloaca posted a long thing about it when everyone else seems to have decided to just keep it mostly to themselves and see what happens during the night instead. So, I don't think the thought process is scummy for existing, but as you said, maybe it's meant to look productive.

This is basically my position. It's my strongest gut read for the day, so I'm kinda sticking with it for now.

I'd also be down for a Circlmastr vote, if Cloaca doesn't get up off the ground by day's end. I can see some town uses for a posting gimmick like that, but it feels more scum/3p and is also kind of a pain in the rear end to follow. Dont really have the scum feel there like I do with Cloaca though.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

13 girl dick energy, you got Tropius!

Breaking these all up into individual posts to get our post count up, lmao.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Out of game poo poo, but I'm sick and have been sleeping a lot. So uh sorry about that. Hopefully I'll be better by tomorrow.

Anyway ##vote RWC.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm still very much on board with a Cloaca vote too fwiw.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Got distracted today with illness and also laughing at people getting mad about insulting the dead queen.

Will catch up and post more tomorrow (Australian time).

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Hey Psycho. Care to explain what you were doing to Spork last night?

##vote Psycho

lmao gottem

##vote psycho

also

##enter pet shop

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

As for defending myself?

I suck at defending myself, all I can say is I live in Australia and went to bed before the votes on RWC and was still asleep when D1 ended. I believed in the vote on Cloaca based on gut feel of their posts. I'm not sure what I can say about being sick, other than I did tell Yami when they asked me to play, should have mentioned it in my initial post like they said to lol.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I have fwiw, abandoned my prior scum read on circlmastr, that was mostly based on their early d1 play, once actual content started happening they've acted much better.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

WindwardAway posted:

Can you guys not hammer before Psycho gets into the thread?

##unvote

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Cause yeah, it has been a bit fast.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

WindwardAway posted:

Do you have anything you want to say about this? Like why your first instinct was to believe Circl and also assume that Psycho must have killed Spork?

My first instinct is to vote on a claim like this to see what happens unless there's strong reason not to. When I came back and saw we were -2 with still no response I unvoted.

Also if Spork's pet killed them last night, then what happened with the scum kill?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

My read on Circl is kind of unsure, but I like to test a claim like this.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

WindwardAway posted:

How does jailor usually work on this forum, btw? Is it just a roleblocker+asceticizer, or does it also protect from killing actions?

It usually protects, at least when I last played.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

WindwardAway posted:

Well, we did have a doctor lol
And Grandi is claiming jailor which is a second protective, right?
So someone has extra kp.

Fair point.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

But yeah, also for the record I still want to test the claim and lunch Psycho. This is a 'hold back to prevent and early lunch' thing, not a 'I've lost interest' one.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

NeverHelm posted:

By the way, I'm not so sure about this now. I got something through, so either the RB is conditional or it's something completely different.

Do you mean you got something through last night, or the night before. Cause I feel like a permanent role block would be kinda nuts and a conditional or one off one would make more sense?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Cloacamazing! posted:

Random chance of roleblocking you maybe? Does it have any kind of positive effect to counter this, or just the block?

That reminds me:

So there's at least a hint PS was roleblocked N1.

GRandicap said they jailed psycho n1.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

##vote Psycho Soldier

Nothing has changed for me.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

NeverHelm posted:

Really? After all that discussion worth probably a few thousands words, you've found nothing at all to comment on? Nothing to either strengthen or weaken your read? Just "nothing has changed for me", full stop, no further explanation needed?

At this point it goes beyond just piggybacking, you simply don't seem interested in helping solve the game at all. This very much looks to me like scum backing off a townie wagon to look towny, then circling back to it later. ##vote A Sometimes Food

Exactly what I said, I dont trust Psycho. I see a lot of posting just by Psycho and a couple of others all day, but at the end of the day, they were seen going to Spork, and Spork died. All the rest of this, just seems like activity to look better.

Nothing has changed.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

PsychoSoldier posted:

Talk about your reads other than me. You are relying on a claim and absolutely nothing else. The moment I flip, people are gonna read my case on you and realize your entire posting history is too thin to be anything other than scum.

Even Grandi at least has SOME thought about me other than the claim. You literally have nothing

My reads are that you're scum, you're posting a lot to look like a productive player to get past the fact that you were tracked to a kill. I'm somewhat suspect on Windward and Neverhelm for posting with you and acting like this is anything other than activity for the sake of activity, but hey we'll see when you flip.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

If I'm tunneling on Psycho, it's cause the fact that we're even really arguing about this has kinda got me bewildered. I don't have other reads cause as far as I'm concerned the only concerning posters are Psycho and the people supporting them. If Psycho somehow ain't scum at least one of you is.

Everyone else is middling, I guess I'm skeptical of the merchants, but they are probably 3p.

WindwardAway posted:

Ah yes, sorry, I'm such a potato wolf that I would expend all of my thread energy defending a partner and aiding with another partner.
Wow, I know you haven't seen my scum game, but I'm not that bad, lmao. I do have a pretty good awareness of what looks partnered or not; I would never be that careless.

I'm low content, I'm an easy low risk target. Also fwiw, I dont think you're all scum. But if I get lunched today, I'll flip town and then I assume Psycho goes tomorrow. If Psycho is also town then no one in either vote is really implicated.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

For gently caress's sake.

The "if" was that if you lunch Psycho after lunching me and they flip town. The if was on Psycho's flip not mine. I'm not gonna slip like that.

"If you lunch me today, I will flip town. Then presumably you lunch Psycho tomorrow, if he flips town then scum could be on either vote today, cause it'd be town v town, so the votes today become a lot less useful for future reads"

Is that clearer?

"No one is implicated" didnt mean "no one is scum". It was saying that if today is a town v town vote then scum could get on either of us.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm the King. I get a one shot ability to prevent a lunch on a chosen player, but only if I use it the night before.

Before you ask, gently caress if I know how it's a town ability. I kinda assumed it was basically cult or power thief bait, cause I couldnt see myself ever using it.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Nep-Nep posted:

So what happens if the person you protect from the vote gets hammered? Does the day end but they just don't flip?

Was just coming back to clarify this. The immunity is announced at the start of the day by Yami.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hal Insandenza posted:

##clean poop
##tuck in homunculus

Hmmm just saw the king claim, can you save yourself?

Yes, and as said it's announced at the start of the day.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

Yes, and as said it's announced at the start of the day.

The plan was to hang onto it on the off chance I got to lylo to make it a 50/50 shot instead of a 1/3 one.

The plan was bad given my track record, but I couldn't see another town use for it short of if I got inducted into a masonry or something with an investigator?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

NeverHelm posted:

That's the second? time someone's brought up getting inducted into a masonry at this point. I think the other was RWC?

fwiw, this is blind spec from me thinking of how my power could actually be used for the town. I wouldn't read anything into it.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

PsychoSoldier posted:

From RWC's rolecard:

"During the day, you can use your influence as the wife of the King to ##Doublevote (public action). "

Isn't really a great look for the role.

The queen was scum due to her association with her ancestral house flavourwise, not cause of her connection to the royal house.

Nep-Nep posted:

I have misgivings about this given rwc's flip was all "the double vote doesn't work during mylo/lylo"

As for this, :shrug:. my pm says nothing about a mylo/lylo restriction. I assume because if I get it to mylo/lylo, it increases the chances but doesn't guarantee a win, which the double vote would.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Nep-Nep posted:

also asf if you're town immunizing someone other than yourself doesn't make it a 50/50, it makes it a 50/50 (whether or not you can convince the other town) or a 0 (you immunized the scum)

No I'd immunise myself for lylo, to force the vote to be between the other townie and the last scum.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

WindwardAway posted:

are masonries that can add people common on this site? it's not something that i've thought of at all, but maybe that's because i'm just not used to seeing them in setups on my homesite.

Wouldn't call em common, but they're a thing I've seen enough to consider? Maybe I just have weird luck with games though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

To be clear, my role pm makes no mention of any restriction other than

- I have to set it up the night before

- it's announced to the thread.

Psycho got caught going to the nightkill. I know I'm dead, but maybe don't completely discount something like that just cause someone else posts bad. Good night all, it's late here.