Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Well since *somebody* decided to shoot a poor adorable baby seal, I find myself with a lot of free time suddenly. Sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
## vote binus for shooting a cute fat baby seal!

##enter shop Do you carry any cute fat baby seals? I need another one.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

b-minus1 posted:

Friends I have an important announcement to make.

I’m a Miller.

...This is going to make your posts even more unhinged than usual, is it?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Votefinder dead for anybody else or is it just me?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Grandicap posted:

All merchant scum team, you heard it here first!

That would be a nice and subtle dig at capitalism.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I'm relatively certain at least that entering the shop is not an instant kill, otherwise pretty much everybody is dead now. I'm hoping we can buy cool items (items may have deadly side effects). Providing info to the shopkeeper also sounds pretty cool, although at least in that example about getting role info without names on everybody, a shopkeeper would probably prefer a lower number of customers.

Regarding scum shopkeeper: How about a shopkeeper that gets to make a "special delivery" at night to someone who has visited their shop? Might be some bonus like staying undetected because he'd have a reason to be there? Or maybe he can only kill people who have gone to the shop.

Bonus option: Self aligned shopkeeper. Just here to make a profit. Wins if everybody visits their shop in one day phase.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

b-minus1 posted:

I’m not going to enter the shop

b-minus1 posted:

I’m gonna burn down both shops :owned:

b-minus1 posted:

We definitely need to lunch the shopkeepers first

Communist Miller or regular binus?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

PsychoSoldier posted:

This is a bunch of speculation, and half of it isn't relevant

What do you make of Wind/Spork/Grandi?

Well you're no fun. Also, every time I try to make serious posts, I get voted out for being suspicious.

Wind's slightly town for me, lots of changing theories, just feels townish to me. Closest thing I'd have on her would be entering the shop right after getting called out for not entering, but even that reads like a townie's panic move to me. Then we have Spork going after Wind for the shop stuff, and Grandi going after Spork for the Wind stuff. I can say that they're probably not both scum, because it feels like a genuine debate, but not sure where to put either.

If joke phase is over, ##unvote binus. Not sure where I'll land yet.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

PsychoSoldier posted:

##vote Cloacamazing

May vote Propaganda Machine to have an actually sizable wagon, but this is the one I'm actually feeling right now

gently caress's sake, at least let me finish my serious post before saying it's suspicious!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Nep-Nep posted:

Why would that be a townie panic move, if it is a panic move at all.

While you're unvoting b-minus what do you think of the votes that followed yours? What about binus' actual posting since

Panic move as in, you see someone telling you that something you did was suspicious and try to fix it.

The other binus votes read to me as joke votes, nothing to say about that. Binus has been posting like normal, and assuming his miller claim to be true, nothing unexpected. I don't really have any good reads yet.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Nep-Nep posted:

that didn't answer my question what about that rings townie to you in that context

Because that's exactly how I react as town. Someone calls me out for something they read as scummy, I try and fix it and mess things up further. See probably all of my posts in any game ever.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Propaganda Machine posted:

The one thing that irked me was Cloaca's speculation about the shop mechanic. It was oddly specific and detailed considering that the one thing we all know right now is that we don't know much yet.

Sorry. I'd never seen a mechanic like that and thought it was exiting.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

girl dick energy posted:

I have a toothache. :shepface:

Do you have a potion for that?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

PsychoSoldier posted:

Also, I generally buy binus' claim, but I don't think it's weird to assume it could be a scum pre-empting a check/acting too scummy to be scum. From the little I know of binus, that kind of seems to be the MO they could get away with.

I think binus is probably town and fine, but I don't think Propoganda not buying it is scummy.

Yeah, agreed on both there. Faking a miller claim doesn't feel like a binus thing to do.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

A Sometimes Food posted:

Circling back to last night, I like this post even less.

##vote cloacamazing!

Okay, I don't like voting people who just voted me because it feels kind of childish, but this? Super weak attempt to get the cloaca train rolling again. ##vote A Sometimes Food

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Wow. No lunch. Yeah, that is definitely not a good look. Doublevote seems kind of OP for scum, but that's about the only thing in favour of RWC I can think of.

They're sitting at -2 and I'm about to head to work and don't want to risk an early lunch because of not enough information, but I'll definitely vote later unless they really change my mind about this.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Also, in case RWC does flip scum, could we maybe look into the people who were still debating the various merits of a single post I made an hour before the deadline, creating tons of white noise and distracting from the upcoming end of day? Because that looks seriously suspicious to me, and I don't think this is entirely due to me being loving annoyed that this took up the entire day phase.

I got back from work, saw the literary analysis was still going on and decided I'd rather not get into an epic an entertaining slapfight for the next few pages, so I logged out. I expected to wake up lunched. Can't help but feel this would have been the better outcome for anybody who's not me or scum at least.

I did receive a beautiful minstrel message of amore last day phase though, so at least that cheered me up. Thank you.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

b-minus1 posted:

Btw I successfully visited cloaca last night. Nothing to report.

Nep-Nep posted:

I got a notice that I was visited last night. Given the flavor, I cannot assume but feel inclined to believe that person is town. No need to out yourself at this time

Huh. I didn't receive a message. Do we have another redirector? I can confirm that Bif did not drive me yesterday, I wasn't in a masonry at night.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Nep-Nep posted:

It sounds better if you say the whole name

Thank you. Nobody ever says the whole name.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I know that, but I was seriously angry and chose getting possibly lunched over definitely losing my dignity. I'll go over the end of day stuff after work, mostly skimmed it to get to my lunch yesterday.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Alright, I'm back. Reading the pre-lunch stuff now.

Wow, that's a lot of talking.

So obviously, assuming RWC to be scum, the most suspicious people are binus and Grandi, since they were active at lunchtime, but didn't vote. Although even with those two, it'd still have been one vote short.

Grandicap posted:

I got distracted after my check in post and missed deadline. I wasn't swayed by the RWC post, but definitely would have swapped there at deadline if I wasn't a poo poo.

b-minus1 posted:

It looks bad I agree. I got distracted while eating a burrito. When I looked at the clock i was 3 min late. My bad

Their explanations are... yeah. Honestly the most positive spin I have on this is that scum might not pipe up if they were hoping to avoid a lunch?

Everybody else who was present had their votes on RWC (with the obvious exception of RWC, but I think we can all agree that this part was understandable).

I'd say the biggest mistake was leaving the vote open for so long. Last time I checked in, it could have gone anywhere, and even if I had been around before going to bed (day end is 4 am for me, which sucks but is kind of expected for a German player).

What does strike me is that the pages leading up to end of day are pretty much filled with tons and tons of posts by PsychoSoldier and WindwardAway, and not enough content to go with it. There's always some stuff, but there's also a lot of white noise and it's making it really hard to read through the thread if you need to catch up after being away. It also draws attention away from how close to end of day things were, since the two of you were still chatting and throwing names around until way too close to the end. On the other hand, it would be a pretty ballsy move for a scum team to be that talkative, and there is a lot of good discussion in it. Still, that's what it looks like to me. Keep in mind, all of that speculation depends on RWC being scum obviously.

My current major pings are RWC for obvious reasons, then Grandi and binus for the missed voting, with PsychoSoldier and Wind on the kind-of-maybe-not-sure part of the list.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

To be extreme frank, don't even care if I live or die. Game probably more interesting with pets around, and sale goal require NK fail sometime which could advance by pet in scum hand, AND better for other town if lunch not spent on me; not in position to make a lot of effort for best use of power to do any of that. So you get this instead.

Can you please stop talking like that? It makes me really uncomfortable.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

CirclMastr posted:

I don't get why today hasn't already ended.

Oh wait I know exactly why, this is the same drat thing that happened in Isekai Mafia 1 where someone who blatantly should have been lunched just wasn't, because they happened to align with both scum and protagonist factions. Town was basically in an unwinnable position from the word go, and it seems like that's happening again!

##unvote

##vote RWC

That's -1, right?

gently caress it, Circl is correct. It's a foregone conclusion anyway, and we desperately need to have an actual lunch today. ##vote Rhymes With Clue

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Cloacamazing! posted:

That's -1, right?

gently caress it, Circl is correct. It's a foregone conclusion anyway, and we desperately need to have an actual lunch today. ##vote Rhymes With Clue

Umm. Wait. THIS post was -1

Circl, your vote was already on RWC, WTF is that supposed to mean?

##unvote

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Yeah, I'm kind of glad I noticed that, because this is looking seriously suspicious now.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I was completely fine with hammering someone I was certain was scum. I am completely not fine with what looks like an attempt to trick people.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Seriously getting second thoughts here.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I dunno. Hammering? Nervous now.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Not hammering? Thinking they were going to hammer, but not hammering? I have no idea. It's weird and I don't like it.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Oh yeah, that reminds me: I'll be busy for most of tomorrow, so might disappear again.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Yeah, probably.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Well if we are going to do business as usual, ##enter potion shop

Need something to feed my penguin with.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

CirclMastr posted:

Hey Psycho. Care to explain what you were doing to Spork last night?

##vote Psycho

Oof. Yeah, that's... a bad look. Can't have been a protective action, since Spork is dead.

##vote PsychoSoldier

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
In other news, I can't believe we killed the Queen.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
##enter potions shop

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Unless I missed someone, Spork was the only person to enter the pet shop yesterday. Most people went to the potion shop.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

A Sometimes Food posted:

It usually protects, at least when I last played.

I've seen it roleblock only, but that was a scum Jailer, so that was kind of a given.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

NeverHelm posted:

By the way, I'm not so sure about this now. I got something through, so either the RB is conditional or it's something completely different.

Random chance of roleblocking you maybe? Does it have any kind of positive effect to counter this, or just the block?

That reminds me:

PsychoSoldier posted:

I got a potion last night. But somehow I failed drinking it. Not sure if it was a roleblock or not.

So there's at least a hint PS was roleblocked N1.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I know, I meant that post could support Grandi's claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Yeah, it's a weird outcome. I actually only found that post because i remembered PS not drinking the potion he bought on D1 and misremembered it as having the option to not drink the potion.

Keep in mind, this game is described as role madness, so normal role rules may not apply all the time.