Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yami has not asked me to play at all, wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Not the flower girl!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ooh ok ##enter shop

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

##vote Bif

You stole my spider buddy into your cult last game and took my sweet, sweet scum victory from me.

But it was fun!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Please specify the post I made that gave you bad feelings

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Cloacamazing! posted:

I'm relatively certain at least that entering the shop is not an instant kill, otherwise pretty much everybody is dead now. I'm hoping we can buy cool items (items may have deadly side effects). Providing info to the shopkeeper also sounds pretty cool, although at least in that example about getting role info without names on everybody, a shopkeeper would probably prefer a lower number of customers.

Regarding scum shopkeeper: How about a shopkeeper that gets to make a "special delivery" at night to someone who has visited their shop? Might be some bonus like staying undetected because he'd have a reason to be there? Or maybe he can only kill people who have gone to the shop.

Bonus option: Self aligned shopkeeper. Just here to make a profit. Wins if everybody visits their shop in one day phase.

What if what if what if

I mean it’s fun to speculate I guess but this is all just meaningless.

I’m 100% certain everyone who entrees the shop is not instantly killed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Why would the miller claim not be taken seriously?

Anyway, I finally am done travelling and will be in the same place for like 72 hours so I should probably pay attention to things here again

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will say that calling miller "often" a town role gave me a hearty chuckle

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PsychoSoldier posted:

Also, I generally buy binus' claim, but I don't think it's weird to assume it could be a scum pre-empting a check/acting too scummy to be scum. From the little I know of binus, that kind of seems to be the MO they could get away with.

I think binus is probably town and fine, but I don't think Propoganda not buying it is scummy.

That is fair I suppose. Around these parts fake-claiming miller is very rare, but that's sort of a legacy from the old days when millers were always murdered.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I like Psycho's moxie and if they're scum I want them to stick around to be the final boss scum

agreed!

I gotta say so far nothing has really leaped out at me outside of cloacamazing! posting about shopkeepers, dithering about nothing and having one "serious" post which was just responding to a direct question and still saying nothing really. Ending with a weak omgus vote about on a person she hadn't mentioned until that post. That just smells like scum who can't find an opening to engage anywhere. ##vote Cloaca

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

WindwardAway posted:

Well, Circl also hasn't given actual reads, which is also why I think his wild voting sucks.

Yeah... I assume that is a self-imposed gimmick with the voting, but I have maybe once seen Circl making actual reads in a game. I guess the voting at least gives us some idea of what Circl is thinking but it's also so random that actually probably not.

I would not be opposed to a Circl vote in the end just because this will become untenable if kept up.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

9 Hal, you get Comfey!

Comfey is cool, numbering your posts though is bothering me even though it's probably just an affectation of yours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

WindwardAway posted:

I fail to understand why someone with a cool role is eager to make themselves incredibly hard to read by pulling an anti-town gimmick, if they're town.

Circl once repeatedly posted "I'm just here so I won't get fined" like the Mafia Marshawn Lynch for no real reason so trying to "understand" probably won't get you too far.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

I'm getting strong gut pings on Psycho. Lemme see if I can put it into words.

Yes put it into words!

I did think clearing spork for the flower girl post and yet being sus of me who posted about the poor flower girl first was SUPER SCUMMY

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh you just did!

I don't really see that first post calling anything out hard... but maybe I am missing some context

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

girl dick energy posted:

Beyond that, Circl’s tone felt weirdly adversarial but that might be general frustration.

Where? In the big post they just made? Or in general? The only thing that seemed adversarial what the last IDGAF bit but otherwise they have seemed pretty calm and chill

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

WindwardAway posted:

Lol, and now binus is interrogating RWC for voting a shopkeeper, even though he's the one who originally said he thought the shopkeepers had to go.

I don't really think binus was serious when he said the shopkeepers have to go

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PsychoSoldier posted:

This was the post I liked from Propoganda because it felt like the wheels were turning independent of the other reads on Cloaca already in the thread. But yeah, they drop off after that and it leaves me with little to actually evaluate.

Interesting, I feel like by the time Propoganda made that post multiple people including yourself had already said mostly the same things.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PsychoSoldier posted:

I hope y'all are liking the Psycho & Windward show

It's pretty great, not gonna lie.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nep-Nep posted:

Gotta say with < 1h to go seeing the vote leader at -5 makes me hope we don't just no lunch

yeahhhhh I guess I will move to RWC, I looked at your case and the first couple parts are meh, but the "pinged me someplace" with no followup is something I would do as scum so I could see it.

Speaking of which...

girl dick energy posted:

Beyond that, Circl’s tone felt weirdly adversarial but that might be general frustration.

girl dick energy posted:

Paaages back, I’d have to go find it.

No thoughts on Cloaca yet, but I should probably give her a read. Her username is as powerful as mine.

It sounded like GDE had some stuff going on, but this is similar to RWC in that I don't see anything obvious in Circl and GDE making that point but then having no idea where or what it was makes it sound kinda fake

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

I am here, had a hell of a battle with the kid over homework tonight so my head isn't in it, but I'm around to shuffle votes.

Oh man, my kids are MUCH better now but there were a few years there where my son in particular would freak out about homework and basically have a meltdown any time he had some and would only get angrier if we tried to help. Thankfully my "progressive" school district decided that kids should really not have homework for a few years there and brought some relief.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

FINE!

##vote RWC

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

FFS really

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

Why are people voting for rwc, what crime did they commit?

The crime of not being lunched at the end of the day thanks to apathy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

RWC living is not a good look, but my stronger read is still Cloaca right now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

NeverHelm posted:

Oh yeah. Meen's gift seems to be some sort of persistent roleblocker?

Hmmmm?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I can’t believe the mod would count those posts that are just numbers as legitimate posts towards whatever

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh ##feed Homunculus

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nep-Nep posted:

Oh would you? You’d help prevent a no lunch?

So nice of meen to offer don’t you think?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Why’d you vote Nep and not Psycho then?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Why am I scum?

In my limited mafia experience I’ve found that when people quote a post and then vote that person it’s because they thought what you just said was scummy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

You list two reason he could be scum and conclude he may be town. This make no sense.

yeahhhhhh that was weird

##play with Homunculus

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

WindwardAway posted:

Wait, I thought you subbed in for the other shopkeeper?

Right?

OPEN UP SHOPWOLF

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Can we slow down and not end the day before a couple people have even checked in?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Clarity: Reason be he pretend he not shopkeeper.

he do be pretending is he

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

WindwardAway posted:

BTW what's going on with the homunculus, or are you not gonna elaborate?

No idea really

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I just want to potion shop to open up already

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

honesty is bad?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##clean poop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PsychoSoldier posted:

So is this what you got from the pet shop?

I think so? Honestly I got next to no info and the mod refuses to provide more. Could well end in me being subsumed.

I am not even sure if I am supposed to be doing this in the thread or my confessional, but I am just doing it in here for now to see what happens.