Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
This is a feedback thread for me to find out what people think about how PSP is doing, both the wrestling side and the MMA side. So please, let me know how you feel about the forum. Let me know how you think it's doing. Let me know what you like about it. Let me know what you'd like to see from it. And, if there's something you wouldn't mind seeing change, let me know that too.

As always, if you don't want to post in the thread, feel free to shoot me a private message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I still firmly believe we could use individual thread tags for Dynamite and Rampage. It would make it much easier to go back and look at old GDTs.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I would like some moderators on the wrestling side who are actually active in this subforum and community. That’s about it I think. The rest kicks big rear end.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Stuff I like about it:
Legitimately the best place online to discuss a thing I really like to watch and talk about. It can get a little heated, but hell, that's the nature of forums.
The ethos of SomethingAwful is pure in PSP. We poke fun at things, we have our own completely absurd language about wrestling that is wholly ours, and we know how to get the bad apples out before they spoil the bunch!
A completely inclusive and welcoming community - Unless you talk bad about AEW! Only joking, you're more than welcome to come hang out and say what's on your mind. The beauty of community? So are the people who disagree with your mind. Now let's all have a great time.

Stuff I dislike about it:
IMO Moderators should not necessarily be 'leaders' or even prominent figures in the community, but I do think it is a bit much when one of them has ~10 posts (Edit: 17) in the last 6 months, and the other one disappears for days at a time, poking in every now and then, posting the weekly thread, then riding off to their beautiful Hearts of Iron IV. Nothing against them, personally. It'd just be nicer to see those blue stars be more active :razzy:

What needs to change:
Your diaper. Just kidding. On a macro level I am wholly satisfied with my personal PSP experience. Thank you for taking my feed back on this beautiful sunny weekend.

yea ok fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Aug 27, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

yea ok posted:

I would like some moderators on the wrestling side who are actually active in this subforum and community

Totally agree with this. I also think the AEW thread could benefit from more use of chill out for a mo sixers to help from from going off the rails as much as it does

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Edward Mass posted:

I still firmly believe we could use individual thread tags for Dynamite and Rampage. It would make it much easier to go back and look at old GDTs.

I'll knock these out tonight.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

JOHN CENA posted:

Thanks!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Rarity posted:

Totally agree with this. I also think the AEW thread could benefit from more use of chill out for a mo sixers to help from from going off the rails as much as it does

You should be a mod unless you're gonna get real mad about Canned Burger jokes. You're around all the time and never seem to have beef with anyone.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Definitely need mods who actually read and post in the wrestling threads

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think the wrestling thread mods are absolutely terrible at doing what mods are supposed to do. No issues with them as people or posters but they need to go

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Malcolm Excellent posted:

You should be a mod

Lmao please no I have my dignity

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The amount of random 12+ hour probes given for the most vague, inscrutable reasons is unbelievable

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Also no more goddamn spoilers in thread titles it’s easy enough to avoid going into threads about stuff you haven’t watched yet and if you go into one and get spoiled then you’re a deserving dumbass but putting it in the thread title is a dick move when there’s a large chunk of the forum who aren’t in the US and don’t watch all their wrestling at 2am.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

people should be banned for annoying me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ItohRespectArmy posted:

people should be banned for annoying me

Also any post that isn't about Maki Itoh should be an automatic sixer

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

yea ok posted:

I would like some moderators on the wrestling side who are actually active in this subforum and community. That’s about it I think. The rest kicks big rear end.

yes, get rid of junpei imo they are a mostly absentee mod in general it seems. Karmatic is fine and i get maybe someone with real life stuff cant be on all the times (i dont even know their time zone either though) but having someone else backing them up thats more active in general would be good. Dont know if they need to be a constant poster if theres a way to track lurking times or what

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The amount of random 12+ hour probes given for the most vague, inscrutable reasons is unbelievable

new mod should start with giving people 6ers and if they're repeat offenders ramp it up after i guess?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

Also no more goddamn spoilers in thread titles it’s easy enough to avoid going into threads about stuff you haven’t watched yet and if you go into one and get spoiled then you’re a deserving dumbass but putting it in the thread title is a dick move when there’s a large chunk of the forum who aren’t in the US and don’t watch all their wrestling at 2am.
what spoilers were in thread titles

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

yeah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

what spoilers were in thread titles

plenty in the AEW weekly discussion, go back and you can find them easily.

KungFu Grip posted:

new mod should start with giving people 6ers and if they're repeat offenders ramp it up after i guess?

dunno why that isn’t just the default

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Most recently the finish of Punk/Mox in the Dynamite thread title was obvious to anyone who’s spent any time posting unless you wanna be wilfully ignorant about it, and that’s not the first time somethings been spoiled in a Dynamite thread title.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

iks should be able to take the blue star from other mods if they pin them 1-2-3 irl

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Generally I think PSP is great when it comes to wrestling. We can enjoy good wrestling and laugh at bad wrestling.

I do agree that perhaps we could use wrestling moderators who are more active in the community, at least on Thursdays because sometimes discussion can get really weird about the possibility of anything bad happening in AEW. It isn't a problem at the moment imo, but it could in the future and being proactive by having a mod ready and willing to do the 'chill out lmao' sixer could be helpful. I also agree with tags for Dynamite and Rampage, if only because tags are fun.

As for boxing/MMA/grappling I do not read or post in them generally unless something very funny is happening. In my experiences those threads are good but I'll leave any further comments up to the regulars there.

Sumo thread crew are perfect and I love them all.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

plenty in the AEW weekly discussion, go back and you can find them easily.

outside of the sonny kiss one i dont see any spoiler thread titles and the sonny kiss one is probably a fine one to do since it's actively advertising sonny kiss will be on that show

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Next IK should be determined by the Sumo Thread Fantasy Tournament.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Edward Mass posted:

:agreed:

JOHN CENA posted:

Hooray!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

As for boxing/MMA/grappling I do not read or post in them generally unless something very funny is happening. In my experiences those threads are good but I'll leave any further comments up to the regulars there.

CarlCX's UFC big event OPs are works of art that are both extremely informative and also hilarious, and a great primer for understanding what is happening in any given show.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Rarity posted:

This 100%. I think the mods do a good job but are probably not around enough.

Mind you, I seem to recall we had a great wrestling mod who was very active but got shouted at (not by Rarity) because he told people to chill out too often for their liking.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

outside of the sonny kiss one i dont see any spoiler thread titles and the sonny kiss one is probably a fine one to do since it's actively advertising sonny kiss will be on that show

mods did change the titles once or twice because of the spoiler in the thread title which i believe is the blanked out discussion thread title

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I think the wrestling thread mods are absolutely terrible at doing what mods are supposed to do. No issues with them as people or posters but they need to go

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Because when repeat offenders get more than a 6 hour they tend to act like the escalation rule doesn’t exist. We should drop the escalation rule if we don’t want it, that’d also be a fine option.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What about a pay to play feature where posters should be forced to pay for an account, to lower the chance of riff raff coming in with epic rereg accounts after having been banned previously?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

For someone to finally ban Oatgan

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Jerusalem is taking it way too easy nowadays and should be sent back to the gif mines

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The AEW thread OPs need more fanart and memes

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Rarity posted:

The AEW thread OPs need more fanart and memes

I'd make more but I think I peaked with the one that made it into the OPs.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

yea ok posted:

Rarity posted:

Thanlis posted:

This 100%. I think the mods do a good job but are probably not around enough.

There were about 1000 posts in this week's AEW thread in the first 24 hours it was posted. It was entirely about the show and the backstage news, but that's a lot of posting. Bringing in someone who is (a) specifically around for the high volume times of posting and (b) follows the AEW threads is definitely something on our minds.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

mods did change the titles once or twice because of the spoiler in the thread title which i believe is the blanked out discussion thread title

i c

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Oh, that reminds me. A little while back, there was discussion in the feedback thread about the subforum having a bit of a 'bad vibes' problem that people were having difficulty pinning down. How do people feel things have gone since then? Better? Worse?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
probably more the same tbh depending on who you ask. There are multiple kinds of people who post on here and consume wrestling differently and their ideas of that clash even now (the yea ok prob recently being one)

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

About the same - still a lot of weirdly reactionary strawmanning and 'fed brain' style retorts from all sides, but less lists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

Oh, that reminds me. A little while back, there was discussion in the feedback thread about the subforum having a bit of a 'bad vibes' problem that people were having difficulty pinning down. How do people feel things have gone since then? Better? Worse?
i was taken off The List so i am thinking that things are better