Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

See, I don't ask posters what they want. I TELL them what they want. I TELL THEM WHAT THEY WANT AND THEY LIKE IT!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey folks imgur is dumping a whole load of old images which is going to have a huge impact on PSP threads. Jeff and astral have started working on a solution but I figured the PSPeeps might want to make sure they have anything important to them saved.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Rarity posted:

Hey folks imgur is dumping a whole load of old images which is going to have a huge impact on PSP threads. Jeff and astral have started working on a solution but I figured the PSPeeps might want to make sure they have anything important to them saved.

ty for the heads up.
I reckon I and many people probably used an account so a lot of images should be safe (for now, at least) but I know for a fact that many don't. Imgur would periodically not let people sign-up new accounts depending on what region you were in for some reason and then there's also images uplaoded via the awful app, which don't get linked to an account to my knowledge. So if a project to save all the images is not successful in time it would still blow a huge hole into, well, PSP obviously. But every other forum as well.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The awful app might be linked to something, it has (or at one point had, I haven’t had the issue for a while) a problem where it would fail to post towards the end of the month and IIRC it was explained that the upload method it uses has a limited number of uses (API hits?) per month and would poo poo the bed and fail to post if goons had collectively used them all up, which seems like a weird problem to have if they’re all being uploaded as anonymous individual posts.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Apr 20, 2023

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rarity posted:

Thanks. I'll have to make sure I still have all the hunger games backed up because i very intelligently didn't make an account to upload and manage my hundreds of images and its fun looking back at them

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when you laid out that sly hype check for the return of the hunger games, how did it feel to hear the roar of 150 million people all across the globe. i hope it felt even 1% as thrilling as thinking about the return of the hunger games, one day. a month from now. a year from now. 10 years. it will be worth the wait

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Cavauro posted:

when you laid out that sly hype check for the return of the hunger games, how did it feel to hear the roar of 150 million people all across the globe. i hope it felt even 1% as thrilling as thinking about the return of the hunger games, one day. a month from now. a year from now. 10 years. it will be worth the wait

But sooner rather then later. No pressure though, but seriously they’re some of the best threads here

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Nystral posted:

But sooner rather then later. No pressure though, but seriously they’re some of the best threads here

Thats very kind. If I can find the event list and figure out imgbb or something who knows what the immediate future might hold.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Free QoP

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

It was a good pun. Mod dropping the ball big time. Truly embarrassing display.

At least QoP can post again before Dynamite.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Rarity posted:

Free QoP

You're right. I will free them in 36 minutes.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

A genuinely embarrassing probation. State of this place

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NienNunb posted:

A genuinely embarrassing probation. State of this place

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Butt the Shitmann Fart

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Stop, not here.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I think you should probe everyone sayin Hart "The Bretman" Fart

Also British people because it sounds like Bret(I am Irish)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mrenda posted:

I think you should probe everyone sayin Hart "The Bretman" Fart

Also British people because it sounds like Bret(I am Irish)

We have enough Brits probed for Bret Hart-related crimes

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I think Butt the Shitman Fart in particular is very funny but all of the very bad nicknames can get pretty annoying and tedious to read every third or fourth post in the subforum. half of us just posting like the goofuses on college sports messaging boards, calling the Cowboys the Cowgirls. I’m guilty of it too, though, because it is fun to do. just my 2 cents

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

circle the wagons, somebody got a sixer

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Any of you guys ever see the episode of Seinfeld where he goes "HELLOOOOOOOO LA LA LAAAA"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

was a weird probe though but we can all get through this together

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm fine with calming down on dumb nicknames but Butt "The Shitman" Fart should be a legacy exception, and framed and placed in a posting museum for a timeless joke

It's not like Bret does much anymore anyway

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

someone reported that post lmao

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

I'm fine with calming down on dumb nicknames but Butt "The Shitman" Fart should be a legacy exception, and framed and placed in a posting museum for a timeless joke

It's not like Bret does much anymore anyway

Don't discriminate, let it all run wild.

We got rid of that dumb as gently caress anti-pun rule years ago and even the reference to it in the rules thread is gone by now.

Let's just permaban Brut.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I mean yeah the perfect solution is just leaving things as they were

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

We should emulate the structure of the Endeavor deal and have the MMA mods report up to the Wrestling mods

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

brut took double the probe time and used the funny variation someone posted on their rap sheet instead of doubling down and being nuts

nature is healing lets move past it

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Also a lame probe tbh. Just say you respect Butt the Shitman Fart and move on.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wanna apologize to Brut because a quick look at the lepers colony has shown me that a lame 6er is less than nothing today with some of the other poo poo flying around.

You're not a shitmod. Maybe a nugget.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

A polite request: sincere answers to sincere questions. Sometimes people will ask something like where a certain forum meme comes from and get meme answers for 3 pages instead of an actual answer.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

A polite request: sincere answers to sincere questions. Sometimes people will ask something like where a certain forum meme comes from and get meme answers for 3 pages instead of an actual answer.

this seems like an uphill battle. You can't really enforce that. And this has been requested before and the first response is almost always a joke

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

every time ive asked a sincere question there have been sincere answers among the jokes as well

always keep in mind that people come here to escape and have a good time (for the most part) so always ask your question in a polite way without melting down if you dont get your answer in the first few posts and one of the good people here typically will answer your question once they get the chance to read it

the person with your answer may be in a different time zone than you

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

also shoutout to the handful of posters that lurk day to day but swoop in like the knowledge dark knight whenever someone sends up a bat signal question that goes unanswered

like the only time they post is to help people out

I see you and we appreciate you

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Orange Carlisle posted:

also shoutout to the handful of posters that lurk day to day but swoop in like the knowledge dark knight whenever someone sends up a bat signal question that goes unanswered

He'll yeah shoutout to the heroes

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i think if you gave QoP 10 dollars it would all be cool.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

You’re welcome

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Butt "The Shitman" Fart

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Butt "The Shitman" Fart

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

darn tootin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

you can pm me and i will post a sincere answer on the forum.