Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Last year: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3978846

:siren: Good news! Football is here! :siren:

I've renewed the Yahoo league from last year, so you should be able to accept the invite from there. I know some of you wanted to be notified through PMs or personal emails and I'll do just that if you don't show up.

The draft: Sep 7 @ 9:30pm EDT

The rules:

$30 entry fee, 12 players.
1st place gets 60% of whatever is left.
2nd place gets 30%.
3rd place gets 10%.
Snake draft, no auction.
3 divisions.

Last year we used PayPal and I think it worked out just fine in the end. If you want to use a third-party money safe thing, let me know.

1. internet inc (the crips) - IN - :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:
2. Bags (Unsolicited Dak pics) - IN - :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:
3. Freezer (Psyberger) - IN - :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:
4. saintonan (Hostile Takeover) - IN - :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:
5. Ninja Bob (Team Sadness) - IN - :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:
6. Varg (Bolts N Hoes) - IN - :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:
7. dalstrs (ballers on HBO) - IN - :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:
8. freeman (MACHO MADNESS) - IN - :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:
9. solarjetman (Pretzel Wagon) - IN - :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:
10. decypher (Placeholder) - IN - :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:
11. Nerfs d'acier (Nerfs d'acier) - IN - :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:
12. Ea$y money (Hill's Daycare) - IN - :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:

My PayPal is internet.incorporated at Google's mail service.

:siren: WE'RE FULL :siren:

internet inc fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Can't make that draft time, but it looks like you don't have me on your list anyway so it's a moot point!

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I am here to play the fantasy

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

coronaball posted:

Can't make that draft time, but it looks like you don't have me on your list anyway so it's a moot point!

Whoops, it looks like I never updated it. Were you one of the two teams who hasn't renewed (either Extreme Takeover or Dog poo poo)?

Even if you could make it to the draft I wouldn't blame you for not renewing though! Last year was a little hectic for me but I think I finally turned a corner. :D

I'll be emailing/PMing the OG crew and we can go from there. I'll keep you guys posted.

Varg posted:

I am here to play the fantasy

:getin:

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
I'm in.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
I'm in

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

internet inc posted:

Whoops, it looks like I never updated it. Were you one of the two teams who hasn't renewed (either Extreme Takeover or Dog poo poo)?

Even if you could make it to the draft I wouldn't blame you for not renewing though! Last year was a little hectic for me but I think I finally turned a corner. :D

I'll be emailing/PMing the OG crew and we can go from there. I'll keep you guys posted.

:getin:

It was Dog poo poo. It's no big deal, I have plenty of leagues. Enjoy yourselves!

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
hello i am in its me

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
i'm in. payment sent

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

Yes. :D

decypher posted:

hello i am in its me

New phone, who dis?

freeman posted:

i'm in. payment sent

I've updated the OP to the best of my knowledge with team names and all that. I'll start asking around the FF threads for more players in a bit but we're off to a good start (even though I've set this up way too late).

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I'm in, although that draft time doesn't really work for me, probably I'll miss the first 45 minutes to an hour. But the computer probably drafts just as well as I do anyway. I'll pay tonight.

EDIT: Paid!

Ninja Bob fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Sep 4, 2022

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I can take one of the open slots if still available.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

internet inc posted:

New phone, who dis?

I've updated the OP to the best of my knowledge with team names and all that. I'll start asking around the FF threads for more players in a bit but we're off to a good start (even though I've set this up way too late).

Sorry yeah I'm from a goon discord and was linked to this thread to join the league. i'll be an active owner and stuff. if everything is cool ill send payment tonight. im happy to join but i understand if its full or whatever.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

solarjetman posted:

I can take one of the open slots if still available.

Alright! Give me your email and I'll send you an invite.

decypher posted:

Sorry yeah I'm from a goon discord and was linked to this thread to join the league. i'll be an active owner and stuff. if everything is cool ill send payment tonight. im happy to join but i understand if its full or whatever.

Oh, I thought you might have been one of the two managers I lost track of but yeah, let's do this! Give me your email and I'll send you an invite.

Ninja Bob posted:

I'm in, although that draft time doesn't really work for me, probably I'll miss the first 45 minutes to an hour. But the computer probably drafts just as well as I do anyway. I'll pay tonight.

EDIT: Paid!

Welcome back! These live drafts never last very long, are you sure you're OK with an autodraft team? Is everyone else OK with 10:00 EDT? It's not much but it might help? And I know we'll lose a couple if we push it back to 10:30.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
I'm good with pushing it back a bit.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I can do any time after 8 central.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I'll take a team if one's still available. Just confirm the opening in the thread and I'll PP to the address in the op. I can probably handle a 10pm EDT draft but any later than that and I'll be autodrafting the last half of it.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Sure, there's one open spot left! :getin:

What email address should I send the invite to?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The only thing that felt better than joining fantasy football for the first time in 10+ years was grabbing Kupp at #2. Was it the best move? Probably not. Dude’s gonna come back down to earth at least somewhat. Did it feel great though? Hell yeah it did.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

internet inc posted:

Sure, there's one open spot left! :getin:

What email address should I send the invite to?

PM sent. Paypal will be inbound shortly.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Invites sent and OP updated!

Kilometers Davis posted:

The only thing that felt better than joining fantasy football for the first time in 10+ years was grabbing Kupp at #2. Was it the best move? Probably not. Dude’s gonna come back down to earth at least somewhat. Did it feel great though? Hell yeah it did.

Bold move.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

lmao good lord I've been wake and baking and not paying attention to what thread I was in. I'm not even in this league! Christ! Good luck with your league y'all.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
In and paid.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I forgot to mention, we've always played with 0.5 points per reception and 0.04 points per return yard.

We can hold a quick vote to decide if we keep them or not, but neither of them are game changers like 2 QB leagues or whatever.

Everything else is pretty standard. Here's the playoff seeding and tie-breaker stuff:

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

I'm okay with keeping both, and would also be okay with going to full PPR if you want but might be a bit late to change things around.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

No preference here.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I like full PPR but 1/2 is also good.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
No objections here.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Looks like we're gonna be short one manager for now. :( I'll still try to offer the autodraft team over the next few days.

Also, Yahoo randomized the draft order for me since I tried to do it a bit too late. Here it is:

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

poo poo, sorry to go MIA for a couple days. totally forgot. I am still interested, sent you a PM with email.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

decypher posted:

poo poo, sorry to go MIA for a couple days. totally forgot. I am still interested, sent you a PM with email.

In and payment received!

That's a full 12 folks. With HOURS to spare, no less. :D

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
My team might garrote its coach on the flight home but Jerry Jeudy got exactly as many points as I needed.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

solarjetman posted:

My team might garrote its coach on the flight home but Jerry Jeudy got exactly as many points as I needed.

Good game. Thought I had that the way Russ was refusing to look at any WR early on.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Who feels this smug about picking up and starting Kenyan Drake over Tony Pollard?

:negative: :negative: :negative:

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I don't know if you all got this message from Yahoo, but here's what they sent me:

quote:

We understand Yahoo Fantasy Football managers have been awaiting further news regarding the Week 17 matchup between the Cincinnati Bengals and Buffalo Bills.

The Week 17 Bills-Bengals game has been officially canceled by the NFL and will not resume. Based on our previous announcement, all fantasy points accumulated in the Bills-Bengals game will be zeroed out to reflect the official NFL record. All matchup scores and league standings are now up to date.

Here’s how this information can affect your league:

Public leagues: All fantasy points from the Bills-Bengals game have been removed and the season is over. This includes prize leagues and we are planning to send payouts during the week of January 16.
Private leagues ending in Week 17: All fantasy points from the Bills-Bengals game have been removed and the season is over.

Unfortunately, there is no one size fits all solution to this issue, and we recognize that championship matchups have been affected by the cancellation of the game. However, commissioners can make manual changes to their league’s results via the Edit Team Points commissioner tool. Changes will be processed overnight and not be reflected immediately.

Here are some popular options to consider based on user feedback:

- Use original Bills/Bengals player projections from Week 17 and apply them to your matchup.
- Applying average points scored for rostered Bills/Bengals players over the last four weeks (or any time frame) to Week 17 matchup.
- Combining official Week 17 results with Week 18 matchup results.
- Removing results from Week 17 matchups and using Week 18 results instead.*
- Use Bills/Bengals player points from Week 18 and apply them to your Week 17 matchup.

Private leagues with a Week 18 end date: All fantasy points from the Bills-Bengals game have been removed. Week 18 matchups reflect those results — you are ready for your championship week.

In our final matchup it could have gone either way, so I'm a bit torn. On one hand, I say we stick with Yahoo's decision (like we pretty much always do - the QB/TE scenarios, postponed games, COVID/IR designations and whatnot). On the other, it's a pretty lovely situation for Pretzel Wagon and for Team Sadness (to a lesser extent I guess, as their third place matchup wasn't as close as the finals). I'm still leaning Yahoo, though.

Any thoughts?

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I don't think I had great odds going into the game so I'm fine taking the L.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Alright then. Thanks for being a good sport about it!

I'll be sending out these winnings:

1st place - Unsolicited Dak Pics - $216
2nd place - Pretzel Wagon - $108
3rd place - Psyducks - $36

Congrats! :D

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

Thanks! Looking forward to 11th hour next year!

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
What's this? An email in my inbox saying this league is active again? In.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

I'm in too if we're doing it this year.