Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I've been trying to buy clothes made in usa/canada mostly and from a price standpoint it sure keeps me from buying too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it depends, basically the more sewing something has the harder it is to find something that isn't a million dollars or crap. t-shirts and socks are easy, pants and jackets are findable but you have to be careful and I can't find button ups or decent underwear

walmart owns bonobos, you shouldn't be shocked by them getting slowly worse

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

KidDynamite posted:

uniqlo has decent undies. ralph lauren as well.

the thing that gets me is the wild swings in quality even within a brand. one thing that is guaranteed is every season things get worse.

I’m trying to find stuff made locally, I like uniqlo but it’s the literal opposite of buy american

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

contemplating buying this in case I get invited to an “ugly sweater” Christmas party

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ADINSX posted:

gonna need a link, thanks

https://lurkingclass.com/products/destroy-sweater-black

e: sketchy tank is cool I have some of the vans they designed

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

30 year old man that gets into wearing chucks

that’s the best time because you can afford the weird expensive chucks they make now

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

for americans this is pretty much the cultural equivalent of a dunkin’ donuts head to toe clothing line

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

going to become a sneakerhead

good news: yeezys are a lot cheaper than they used to be for no specific reason

if you’re serious don’t get into dunks and jordans, that’s babby stuff. pick a weird niche

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

they killed the whole janoski line? it was probably taking sales away from nyja

meanwhile yesterday was a good day

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lol at nike waving abloh’s corpse around, weekend at bernie’s style, to make money. poo poo still sells though, my main sneaker shop ran out of all but the ugliest pieces

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

yeah sure whatever ship it, someone will buy it. we're not going to make a lot of money on this.

the more stuff I see like this the more it feels like 'Clothing DLC' but IRL.

there have been multiple eames sneaker collaborations before, including a vans one with exclusive chairs

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

nike has no loving idea what they are doing as far as creative direction so they're just using dunks and jordans to fund a bunch of really stupid stuff nobody's actually that into

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

posting gloves? you need a whole suit, from noriega custom leather

https://youtu.be/OTxUbb077WY

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I Will Never Wear Light Wash Jeans

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

that poo poo reminds me of 30 years ago stonewash seinfeld jeans and it is loving weird to go to haight street and see young women dressed almost exactly like the girls I liked in high school, except this time around many of them aren't wearing bras

I have light colored pants I like ok, just an irrational hatred of light denim

qirex fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 5, 2023

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

put on the kicks, shinji

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the true jacket sickness hasn't set in until you end up with doubles

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I thought we were free of the five fingers curse but it just. won't. die.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I liked not quite acronym acg better than gorpcore acg

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

props to casio for making a $2000 watch that looks exactly like a $200 one, it’s not even the most expensive square model, they sell one that’s twice as much made out of titanium

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

forged carbon isn't plastic per se, even models from little chinese microbrands are $1k+ with carbon cases plus just a fabric strap instead of a bracelet and a metal caseback. it weighs half as much as the titanium models and only 15g more than the good old plastic models. I'm still not buying one

the B5000 is the best g-shock going imo, I have a plain old black steel one but they like to get weird

if, unlike me, you're not dumb enough to pay $500+ for a digital casio the plain old gw-5000u is probably still the best watch you can get for the money

there's also non-metal, non-solar circuit board one you can get for $150 with extra bands

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

mobby_6kl posted:

That GW5000U is still $300 lmao. I'm wearing the $10 A158W right now that's literally 10 years old at this moment. It does have some visible wear on the case but still works and I've actually taken it diving to 30m. Doesn't have solar but it doesn't need it either because it's still running on the original battery.
you can get it from japan for $200 and the band is so much better than the normal casio resin if you're going to wear it a lot it's worth it imo for the durability and readability being so superior. yes, watches that cost the same as a super burrito and actually work are great but spending a bit more for stuff that's actually nice can be cool and good

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

but at that price point you should be getting a citizen or similar imo
citizen has been neglecting their cheap stuff lately, they have a lot of good $500+ models but their $100-300 ones are generally crap now, especially the american market models

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

what's wrong with them? i had one from 2011 or so, then i broke it, then i bought a replacement from ebay in like 2019 or so. suits needs thus far. would've been nice if it hadn't broke, but i'm the one cracked the glass and then took it swimming so i can't really blame anyone but myself lol
if you had a g shock it would neither have broken nor been destroyed if you swam with it so you would only have had to buy one watch instead of 3.

I bought several citizens from like 2005-2015ish and they feel a ton better than the ones I got more recently, they've really been cheaping out on the bands and materials of the entry level models

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

mobby_6kl posted:

I mean I have several mechanical Seiko watches so I get it, just the value proposition on the G-shocks seems questionable

if you mean compared to a $10 F91 or equivalent, maybe? they're so much better made, more durable and feel nicer to wear. plus if you correctly buy solar atomic/bluetooth models they set themselves and run forever

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I have gshocks I got 15 years ago that still work perfectly

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

indiglo is good poo poo and the only downside to solar dials is they can't do it

also quartz timexes tend to tick super loud

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

post hole digger posted:

They are tacticool operator gear which is why gun nuts like Jonny like them so much
nah they're nerd watches for the most part, casio makes tactical operator bravo kilo charlie watches but those dudes like the huge ones with compasses and poo poo that are actually just pro trek models with extra cladding, they're like the lifted pickup truck of watches

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao I saw these kicks in the FLANNELS* sale, took a pic to consider later but didn't notice the brand name until just now

*man but there's some real high-ticket awful gaudy trash in this store, definitely your noveau-riches who want a thousand-dollar pair of pants with the branding in a huge repeating pattern in gold kinda shopping experience.

a lot of those fancy lad brands don't design poo poo, they just copy someone else, stick their label on it and add a zero to the end of the price, those look suspiciously like the nike ld waffle from a couple years back

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I see we’ve gone from kardashian beige to “apple II left near a window for several years” for neutral color

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's hilarious that half the advice is "wear a much more expensive version of the same dumb poo poo"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

that said dudes still wearing free clothes from work in public should know by now, we're on year 25 of that poo poo

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

they could at least namedrop local brands like american giant or golden bear for people who want very expensive basics

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

common projects is pretty much the dictionary definition of "looks normal but is incredibly expensive"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's like a MA-1, a karate gi and a smoking jacket had a weird threesome

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

errlson has decided that single kilobuck jackets are passé

nice to see they’re still doing all black though, not a fan of the logos and color blocking on their recent stuff [not that I’m ever going to buy any of it anyway]

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if anyone wants robot shoes, specifically sexy robot shoes puma is doing a collaboration with hajime sorayama

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I have the krink vans authentics which are more matte silver than straight up liquid metal [but the accents are all reflective :pcgaming:] and they're almost too flashy for me.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

clothes that you have to be tall and thin to wear and transform your silhouette into some hosed up shape is a master troll on rick's part imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

forget it jake, it's flavortown