Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

What was NBSD's preferred shoe type? I remember there being a red wing fan but I don't think that was him.

my boots are redwings but im not on the nbsd/tori side of that argument

i used to wear them every day, but i basically havent worn them since the pandemic. rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im not wearing a shirt right now though

whimsical gym shorts are what the real dadz are wearing in 2022

nap with the big dogs or get out of the hammock

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i went to the kith site and yeah, they sell $250 t-shirts. i don't have a problem paying for quality but lol no way get outta here

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Share Bear posted:

fox racing money clip

idgi

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

been holding off on buying some new clothes cause ill absolutely lose this extra weight

lol when we moved in to the new place i stopped counting calories and haven't started again yet

i tried starting once but it didn't take

i feel seen

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i like my 501 button fly pants, but i have a pair of 541s and they are insanely comfortable. theyre kinda stretchy, is that all 541s?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i get paying a lot for clothes that you can't get anywhere else. vollebak, acrnm, etc have some of that iirc, but also trade in the "we make cool expensive stuff, so we'll also sell you a normal thing whose distinguishing feature is that it costs a lot" market

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

qirex posted:

contemplating buying this in case I get invited to an “ugly sweater” Christmas party

this owns and i bought one. and some socks. thx 4 posting

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 4, 2022

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jesus christ jonny he had a family

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

qirex posted:

contemplating buying this in case I get invited to an “ugly sweater” Christmas party

i bought this. the sizing isn't great and the material feels more like a $35 sweater than a $70 one. I don't regret buying it, but I'm not really happy with it either

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i dont believe you

noone has ever bought a hentai pizza sweater

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh they know

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i wore this yesterday

today it's my dinosaur jr sweater

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ADINSX posted:

dang thats cool where'd you get that?

thanks! it's from wahwahaustralia.com

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

took this at the park yesterday. it wasn't a christmas present, it just took a while to get around to wearing

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i got a trucker jacket for christmas. i like it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

also i got this hat

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

got my new jeans. my belt looks bad with them so i ordered a belt with alligators on it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im tryin it out and i gotta say, it feels weird. i'm still very 2010 and "light wash is old dorky dadjeans" even though at this point the opposite is true. also dark just straight looks better (because, again, i'm very 2010).

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i have never actually thought about sock color (except if i'm wearing a suit) and i ain't starting now :P

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

nice shoes nmn

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i just ordered a pair of chinos and a couple pairs of shorts from levis

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

haha same i love my 541s

also i think i hosed up my injection yesterday because i'm hungry as hell

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i hate bright lights. bright lights mean spots of hosed up vision that are very similar to migraine scintillating scotoma. and sometimes the bright lights seem to cause migraines on their own, though it could just be one getting caught up in the effects of the other. looking at bright lights is the worst.

i also have pretty crummy vision, so like to have a lot of light when i'm reading/soldering/whatever. balancing these two things can be somewhat interesting.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Buck Turgidson posted:

700 pounds for a waxed cotton jacket lmfao

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i got some pastel shorts. one pair yellow, one pink. both 8", which means my bodacious gams are on display

hell yeah it's summertime

also got some new swim trunks, they're like chartreuse i guess and are 6". beachgams.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

stuffing your 70 lb poodle mutt in the center and pretending that youre a kangaroo

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

got a new shirt from ali express

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

like 80% of why casios are great is that they're stylish and cheap

the g-shock line definitely falls down on the cheap front, and frequently falls down on the stylish front

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

That GW5000U is still $300 lmao. I'm wearing the $10 A158W right now that's literally 10 years old at this moment. It does have some visible wear on the case but still works and I've actually taken it diving to 30m. Doesn't have solar but it doesn't need it either because it's still running on the original battery.

hell yeah mobby gets it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

but at that price point you should be getting a citizen or similar imo

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

what's wrong with them? i had one from 2011 or so, then i broke it, then i bought a replacement from ebay in like 2019 or so. suits needs thus far. would've been nice if it hadn't broke, but i'm the one cracked the glass and then took it swimming so i can't really blame anyone but myself lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

qirex posted:

if you had a g shock it would neither have broken nor been destroyed if you swam with it so you would only have had to buy one watch instead of 3.

yes, but it would also look like a g-shock, which isn't great

i've bought two, not three. swimming with it is fine so long as there isn't a hole in the glass. granted, a g-shock probably wouldn't have had its glass break. but it did get full-on smashed into a small-diameter immobile piece of metal, so i cant throw shade at the citizen. total cost was around $250 i think, maybe $300

i have a hard time imagining dropping more than $100, preferably about $80, on a gshock. mostly i just think they look bad, so i'd really only want to wear it when hiking or something. maybe there are better-looking models that i haven't seen though

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh i will say my citizen's band suuuuuucked when i got it. it was some weird thick soft leather deal. it has a nato strap on it now

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

echi the f91w does not actually mark people as a terrorist or whatever any more than wearing cheap blue jeans or shoes does. cmon.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

wait unless it was a custom deal like this:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i got my ridiculous cardigan with the rat lady on it AND my bliss.jpg sweater today. DOUBLE SWEATER DAY HELL YEAH

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lmao

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

normally our styles don't really mesh, nmn, but i gotta say that jacket is dope

if i could find it on a super discount in usd i'd probably buy one. which would be dumb, 'cause i have enough jackets. but look at that thing, it rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the opposite of superdry is JUICY