Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Oh also, if it was the inspiration for the sequel, you never 'clear' an area, enemies can respawn where you've already been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

PurpleXVI posted:

I think my biggest surprise is you actually listening to SHODAN when she tells you to piss off and stay away from her high security areas. I feel like that would generally attract me to it when the game's villain tells me to stay away. :v:

Whaqt do you mean villain, she's just trying to run the station as efficiently as possible. Giving people all these cybernetic enhancements for free to help with their work

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

painedforever posted:

I'm gonna have to do research, aren't I? You know I'm old, right? I'm going to have to shove around my few remaining marbles and figure out what came out 1994-ish.

Oh man, there were so many flight sims back in 1994! I miss it. I think I was happier back then...

I can't believe Doom and Robocop vs Terminator were 1993! Weird. But that's not what we're looking for.

Right.

Corridor 7 was an FPS in which you hunted aliens, and got health from special rooms, and got ammo from various dispensors.

Creature Shock had you exploring an abandoned spaceship, and the crew of the ship turned into weird alien/demon/things.

Cyberwar, I think, had the same aesthetic. It was based off of some movie too.

Iron Angel of the Apocalypse was a weird and trippy sort of game. I don't remember the story, but it had the same weirdly lighted corridors and weird mutant and robot enemies.

Sensory Overload was an FPS, and had an inventory system, and stuff to read and look at and things.

Pathways into Darkness had a non-linear path through various levels, an inventory, and a leveling system.

This isn't a comprehensive list, by the way. I seem to recall another game that had a thing about plugging into cyberspace to hack various things, and then walking around a spacestation or something, but I'll be damned if I can remember the name.

Space Quest V?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Ahh, the pain of seeing you mouse over a control pedestal and going "I guess we don't have a way to open this force door yet" And then you even went back to check on it. Oof! It looked like it had a lever on it, which was, in your defence, painted red like the walls (and force shield)

I assume the cyborgs didn't press the button because it's behind all the energy mines. Which, while just annoying to your R grade cyber enhancements, are a bit worse when your bodily functions are replaced with cybernetics.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 24, 2022

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Do you actually lose anything when you die once you've reactivated the regenerators, besides the time running back?