Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Hell yeah, System Shock rocking out with the absolutely worst soundtrack imaginable. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
Hey, I love System Shock, it provided the DNA for some of my favourite games ever, but some of the tracks are just... oh dear God they are just what they are.

I also love how the BERSERKER PACK makes the game look like Cruelty Squad.

PurpleXVI fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 10, 2022

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Citadel Cyberspace embraces the Internet of Things.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I think my biggest surprise is you actually listening to SHODAN when she tells you to piss off and stay away from her high security areas. I feel like that would generally attract me to it when the game's villain tells me to stay away. :v:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

painedforever posted:

Wasn't Doom supposed to be an RPG? Or am I thinking of Quake? And then Daikatana became what John Romera always wanted to make, and Quake II became what John Carmack wanted to make, and they were both poo poo because they both needed someone to balance out the other's ego-trips?

System Shock was Warren Spector, right?

I think you're thinking of Quake, yeah, it was originally supposed to be a fantasy RPG of some sort.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Spector#Video_games

System Shock was absolutely Warren Spector. In that period, any RPG or FPS/RPG that made some sort of coherent statement about capitalism or politics usually had Spector on board.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Rojo vs the Orb.

Some of the enemies in this get really abstract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

This level design is so spaghettified, just a big ol' pile of noodly corridors.