Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The only hope with Brown is that he missed the entire off-season programme last year recovering from surgery, and perhaps actually having an off-season to work on technique will pay off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1663904653023621123?s=20

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Are there any other tackles out there? Apart from that I don't see what they really need to do with the spaces beyond sign the draft class.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

tarbrush posted:

Are there any other tackles out there? Apart from that I don't see what they really need to do with the spaces beyond sign the draft class.
Only thing I can think of is rollover for next year or room for extensions that they want to get done now?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

Christian Wilkins

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wilkins can actually save us cap money depending on the structure so i think it’s genuinely going to be our basic rear end depth signings.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I think you’ll probably see the Dolphins sign a veteran IDL. I dunno how they’re categorizing Ogbah, but outside of Wilkins/Sieler/Davis you have gently caress all in terms of players with any real experience or performance or probably for that matter talent.

I’m a bit suspicious they’re running down the clock on Shelby Harris or Akiem Hicks or something like that

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s always funny how different forums are. Finheaven is entirely

Cook!
Cook!
Cook!
Cook!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Hamhandler posted:

I think you’ll probably see the Dolphins sign a veteran IDL. I dunno how they’re categorizing Ogbah, but outside of Wilkins/Sieler/Davis you have gently caress all in terms of players with any real experience or performance or probably for that matter talent.

I’m a bit suspicious they’re running down the clock on Shelby Harris or Akiem Hicks or something like that

Be fine with either of those. They wouldn't dress save for injury anyway.

Has Melvin Ingram signed with anyone yet?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1663941681773789185?s=20

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

It’s always funny how different forums are. Finheaven is entirely

Cook!
Cook!
Cook!
Cook!

The internet as a whole sure seems convinced this is basically a done deal already. Fans posting, I mean, not like actual sources

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Docjowles posted:

The internet as a whole sure seems convinced this is basically a done deal already. Fans posting, I mean, not like actual sources

I'm not against it on a one year deal, and no-one's going to lose sleep over cutting Gaskin or Ahmed

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Now that Cam Fleming is gone, which scrapheap FA signing is going to clear the Dolphins' path to the Super Bowl????

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Put that Jersey education to the test and try to guess based on the last 7 posts

(It’ll be some bad TE)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1663970567299428352

Seems better to just cut him than to bother with this.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think that puts them close to $30m in cap space. Obviously Rodgers needs to restructure and Quinnen extended. They also need to finish signing draft picks, get Kwon. Keep an emergency fund for in season signings. It’s almost nothing left over.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think that puts them close to $30m in cap space. Obviously Rodgers needs to restructure and Quinnen extended. They also need to finish signing draft picks, get Kwon. Keep an emergency fund for in season signings. It’s almost nothing left over.

They're trading a 2024 3rd rounder for Davante Adams, didn't you hear???

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/UberHansen/status/1663990073296027648

World class cap management...

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Last off-season Peter Shrager tried to use this as a reason the Patriots would be better. Because they had so much cap space tied up in WR and TE they must be good!!

I’m all for Dalvin Cook to the Phins for the right price and on a short deal.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Cook, Hunt and Fournette are all out there and they can all still play IMO.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Just one more year til Jonnu is completely off the books!!! and they can use the cap space to sign, idk, Sterling Shepard

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
WFT may be releasing a starting quality LG shortly in Andrew Norwell. That’s someone that’d improve a squad

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

WFT may be releasing a starting quality LG shortly in Andrew Norwell. That’s someone that’d improve a squad

Thank you for answering my question

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Amy Pole Her posted:

Apparently he is on their PUP but I couldnt figure out why, though I didnt look very hard. In any case, he may not be available for a while.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37761832/sources-commanders-plan-release-guard-andrew-norwell

Based on this

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
He's on PUP for the elbow injury he was wearing a big loving brace on all last year, and he sure played like a guy who had some issues with arm extension and strength, seems a little dodgy to me TBH.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh I dont think he really has a place on Miami specifically, just building off mcmagics list

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The Athletic is already factoring in McDaniel

https://theathletic.com/4568622/2023/06/01/deandre-hopkins-lions-dolphins-scouting-report-fits/?source=user_shared_article

quote:

Hopkins still has the skill set to be very productive in this system and play a role similar to what tight end Mike Gesicki filled in his five seasons in Miami. Not to mention, Hopkins would be playing for a more laid-back coach in Mike McDaniel, who has a totally different vibe than Bill O’Brien, whom Hopkins had as his coach in Houston, or Lions coach Dan Campbell. The chill McDaniel environment might take care of the intangible concerns that exist for some and allow Hopkins to fit in off the field as well.

Huge no from me but lol

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Hopkins can't do Miami. It isn't a talent issue he's just not the type of person who will voluntarily be the 3rd option in the passing game. And I think Cincy, Miami, and maybe Seattle are the only teams where he'd be at risk of being the 3rd best receiver

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

We already learned the hard way from Cedrick Wilson that WR3 doesn't really matter in this offense. They are either going to be A) not on the field, B) on the field but aren't even going to get a look from the QB, or C) wide open because of the attention on Hill and Waddle so then talent level doesn't really matter and Sherfield can fill that role just fine.

Extreme lol at the idea of paying Hopkins to be a Gesicki replacement.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Athletic football beat writer meetings must be so drat soul crushing in June

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Robert Mays is taking two weeks off getting married so the podcast is just gonna be like mailbag stuff they recorded a month ago for awhile.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

Athletic football beat writer meetings must be so drat soul crushing in June

They have no Dolphins writer, so most of the stuff is some other writer needing to mention comparable teams and landing on Dolphins

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

All the Nate Tice you can handle baby

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Docjowles posted:

All the Nate Tice you can handle baby

Do people here like Nate Tice or find him annoying? Honest question, I could go either way with him. Though on balance I think he's pretty solid.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 1, 2023

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think he's a good co-host for Mays and works well with him. Presentable nerdy enthusiasm goes a long way with me, and I think he's a better guy for Robert to bounce off of then say, Kevin Clark was when he was doing the Ringer podcast.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I used to really love the Mays/Barnwell dynamic when they had a regular pod together.

I generally like Nate Tice but the show can really tedious when they go too into X's and O's of any team that's not the Bills (or maybe another AFC East team). Not very into long discussions about the 49ers interior defensive line play or whatever.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

fsif posted:

Not very into long discussions about the 49ers interior defensive line play or whatever.

IDL more like IDC amirite

I haven't really listened to any football specific podcasts - so far I've preferred to get news third (fourth, ...) hand via this thread. Those that listen to podcasts - what else do you do at the same time?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Those that listen to podcasts - what else do you do at the same time?

play video games, drive, mow, work out

I subscribe to The Athletic, Mina Kimes, and PFF podcasts. They're all strictly background material for me. If I want to get deep into a football topic I usually go to Youtube for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tim Graham just wrote a piece in The Athletic that Hopkins is looking for Beckham money and thinks the money is more important than the QB he plays for. And that Buffalo only has $2 million in cap space and they seem very unlikely to do anything with him unless it's really team friendly.

:(