Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Yup, you have a few years to draft a QB now so load up on defensive talent in the draft and don't suck rear end at making picks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Letting Carr go for nothing bothers me a lot more than replacing him with Garoppolo. But there's pretty much a 0 percent chance we make the playoffs next year, and giving up a first and a second for a 30 year old davante adams is probably going to hurt for some years to come. The team is in a bad place imo.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Raiders gonna Raid, :lol: They are gunning for Caleb Williams from USC too I bet too, and will fail.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

22m at the rate Jimmy gets injured works out to like 3m per game.

In fairness, that's on the 49ers, who are the most inexplicably injured team in football. Not the most badly injured, but definitely the one where it most feels like they can just get annihilated by injuries out of nowhere regardless of any existing factors.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

acidx posted:

Letting Carr go for nothing bothers me a lot more than replacing him with Garoppolo.

All y'all needed to do was let him finish out the season and then shop him as a trade and you can probably get something or other worked out, even with his no trade clause. If you can't get something worked out you're still in the same place, but at least you played your cards right. I honestly don't know what in the world everyone was thinking here.

Did you really need two games worth of Jarrett Stidham to figure out what you have there? Apparently that didn't work out so well for either Jarrett or you guys since he's gone too.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Carr said in his intro interview that he would've considered accepting the trade to NO, but the raiders only let him talk to the saints. Obviously there was no way he was making a decision that big after only talking to one team. The saints would've been interested in a deal because Carr's contract would've been cheaper than what they've ended up paying him. All the raiders had to do was let Derek go shop for deals and accept an offer if Carr felt he did his due diligence and was ready to commit to New Orleans. But it's like they insisted on cutting him and getting nothing in return. It makes no sense. If you're just going to end up cutting the guy why would you actively prevent him from seeking a trade?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Jimmy may not be a pure talent upgrade from Carr, but he has to be some degree of scheme upgrade from the oil and water that was Carr under McDaniels

at least for the quarter to half season Jimmy's alive for

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

Justin Herbert no longer the sexiest QB in the division.

They’re both beautiful, equally sexy bois and I love them both equally like children (but actually herbie)

Very curious to see jimmy g sans shanahan. I’m rooting for him since he seems like a good guy, is handsome and thus better, and he grew up near where I grew up but I have my doubts

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

acidx posted:

Carr said in his intro interview that he would've considered accepting the trade to NO, but the raiders only let him talk to the saints. Obviously there was no way he was making a decision that big after only talking to one team. The saints would've been interested in a deal because Carr's contract would've been cheaper than what they've ended up paying him. All the raiders had to do was let Derek go shop for deals and accept an offer if Carr felt he did his due diligence and was ready to commit to New Orleans. But it's like they insisted on cutting him and getting nothing in return. It makes no sense. If you're just going to end up cutting the guy why would you actively prevent him from seeking a trade?

Pettiness? How can you explain anything the raiders have done in their entire history?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

acidx posted:

Letting Carr go for nothing bothers me a lot more than replacing him with Garoppolo. But there's pretty much a 0 percent chance we make the playoffs next year, and giving up a first and a second for a 30 year old davante adams is probably going to hurt for some years to come. The team is in a bad place imo.

They still have one of the most talented rosters in football. Jimmy G isn't Derek Carr, but if they can get the defense better, they can still win the division or get a WC spot.

*Assuming the NFL doesn't rig games against them.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

MrLogan posted:

They still have one of the most talented rosters in football. Jimmy G isn't Derek Carr, but if they can get the defense better, they can still win the division or get a WC spot.

*Assuming the NFL doesn't rig games against them.

I'd like to know what drugs you're taking so I can feel anything positive about the upcoming season.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

That 32nd ranked Defense is legit.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

LiquidFriend posted:

That 32nd ranked Defense is legit.

They must've been sandbagging the last 20 years

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Black Sunshine posted:

I'd like to know what drugs you're taking so I can feel anything positive about the upcoming season.

Remember, as an optimist, I'm always disappointed!

The offense still has some of the best skill position players in the league. Crosby will get some help. Getting a couple pieces and not screwed should make a difference.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

They must've been sandbagging the last 20 years
Any day now they will reveal their true selves and boom. Got 'em.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mark Davis and Josh McDaniels are the dumbest motherfuckers in football.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

me thirty minutes ago: Adams and Meyers plus Waller. Pretty good WR corp for Jimmy G to hand off to Jacobs

me now: welp lol

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Haven’t seen him play in a while but when the Chiefs played the Raiders with him on the field, I always thought he was really good. Didn’t realize he was such an old fart.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Waller stinks now

seniorservice
Jun 18, 2004

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!
Chargers resign Trey Pipkins. Weird to say after how dogshit he was for years that he was our priority FA resign, but he definitely was and Im so glad we dont have to pick a tackle in the first few rounds now.

btw anyone know what happened to Ross? That nuts Charger fan that terrorized the AFC West forums for years? I havent been here in awhile, Im just here while reddit is down and i need my NFL FA fix and I loving hate twitter.

seniorservice fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 14, 2023

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Goddammit the loving Broncos are gonna do it to me again. gently caress. They're actually doing things that are getting me excited to watch them, and we all know how that goes. Stoked we snagged Perine. If Pookie stays healthy that's a scary backfield, and now they're throwing 9 figures at the Oline. I'm gonna get my heart broken again but that's okay

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

McDaniels is such a piece of poo poo, lol

it's really too bad Josh Jacobs is stuck putting in another year playing his rear end off for them instead of a team that deserves it

The337th fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 15, 2023

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

seniorservice posted:

Chargers resign Trey Pipkins. Weird to say after how dogshit he was for years that he was our priority FA resign, but he definitely was and Im so glad we dont have to pick a tackle in the first few rounds now.

btw anyone know what happened to Ross? That nuts Charger fan that terrorized the AFC West forums for years? I havent been here in awhile, Im just here while reddit is down and i need my NFL FA fix and I loving hate twitter.

I think he just stopped posting here. Probably just moved on like a lot of other older posters.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

seniorservice posted:

He changed his username to “Mr Logan”

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lmao

whatever happened to steel angel that guy that couldn't hold his liquor

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
When the Chargers moved slightly down the road to Los a Angeles he threw a temper tantrum and became a Rams fan

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

When the Chargers moved slightly down the road to Los a Angeles he threw a temper tantrum and became a Rams fan

then someone told him where they moved to and he just lost his poo poo and no one ever saw him again

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

When Ed "Guns" Hochuli retired, Ross stopped watching the NFL and considered the hatchet buried and the feud to be retired as well. After that, the drive to keep watching just faded away.

Last I heard Ross was coaching high school football in Alabama and taking care of his nine children.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Moved in with his auntie and uncle in a town called Bel Air

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Ross got rich and old and bought the Dolphins

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Sad to see Juan Thornhill gone and wondering what we are going to do for a WR, seems like not many available in FA. Hopkins?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I hope so

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ort posted:

Sad to see Juan Thornhill gone and wondering what we are going to do for a WR, seems like not many available in FA. Hopkins?

WR is bleak as hell this offseason. And if you do go after what is out there you're probably going to pay a lot more than they're worth, like more than normal.

Not like I can complain too much after winning a SB and Mahomes seems to make whoever he has work out more or less, but I don't know how to fix that part of the roster. I doubt they go after Hopkins, and if they get OBJ (even if you want him, which is debatable now) it'll be because he wants to take less money to chase another ring.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think OBJ will end up in Dallas

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Could take Hardman back at this rate.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hardman is faster than every receiver in the draft and in free agency. And he knows the offense. Not a bad idea honestly

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

seniorservice posted:

here he is

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I miss SA2K sometimes

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

kiimo posted:

Hardman is faster than every receiver in the draft and in free agency. And he knows the offense. Not a bad idea honestly

I'd prefer him coming back to drafting Jalin Hyatt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hyatt is dead to me