Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The two dudes high fiving are basically Human Camaros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This seems important

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 22, 2023

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
drat, what a world

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

using AI to reimagine a sick forum burn circa 2003

devastating

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Important offseason news:
https://twitter.com/WKCDOGS/status/1655753549869903872

Chargers DE Morgan Fox's dog has won his group at the Westminster Dog Show

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

NFL players and dogs story I can get behind

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Was checking earlier today if I had missed the 2023 version of this thread but nah it’s just the chillest division thread, or least active and least popular. Or everyone is already sick of the more likable pats reboot. Regardless, I’m glad it was resurrected for a charger havin that dog in him

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

If it helps, KC isn’t really having sustained success across all the major sports that we saw in Boston.

The Royals suck absolute rear end and are doing everything they can to extort a new stadium out of the city in the process. Sporting finally won a game, 11 games into the season. They have 5 goals this year. The Current were so bad they fired their coach after like a month of the season and are facing even more lawsuits.

The Chiefs being good has sucked all other sport talent out of the city with an odd immediacy.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Nothing particularly exciting happened to the Chiefs in the draft. They drafted a K-State guy in the 1st which I love but there doesn't feel like much to pore over.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Horseshit Rashee Rice is exciting as hell for half a dozen reasons.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

If it helps, KC isn’t really having sustained success across all the major sports that we saw in Boston.

The Royals suck absolute rear end and are doing everything they can to extort a new stadium out of the city in the process. Sporting finally won a game, 11 games into the season. They have 5 goals this year. The Current were so bad they fired their coach after like a month of the season and are facing even more lawsuits.

The Chiefs being good has sucked all other sport talent out of the city with an odd immediacy.
Gonna say the quiet part out loud. The Royals are leaving Kansas City once their lease is up.

Only reason this didn't happen 15 years ago is because the Chiefs were a tandem with the Royals and voters don't hate the Chiefs. The Royals trying to do this on their own is a lost cause.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

Gonna say the quiet part out loud. The Royals are leaving Kansas City once their lease is up.

Only reason this didn't happen 15 years ago is because the Chiefs were a tandem with the Royals and voters don't hate the Chiefs. The Royals trying to do this on their own is a lost cause.

I’ll just go to monarchs games. I won’t miss the royals. Garbage rear end team that got lucky and then did everything they could to make sure they never repeat that success.

E: but I was told John Sherman was a Kansas City boy and would never leave!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

I’ll just go to monarchs games. I won’t miss the royals. Garbage rear end team that got lucky and then did everything they could to make sure they never repeat that success.

E: but I was told John Sherman was a Kansas City boy and would never leave!
Yeah that was a real hoot when they ran that quote through the news.

It's a shame because people here really do care about baseball but man the Royals are an abusive franchise.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.

LiquidFriend posted:

Yeah that was a real hoot when they ran that quote through the news.

It's a shame because people here really do care about baseball but man the Royals are an abusive franchise.

It is rather sad when KC has had some good teams but they just haven’t been able to stay top tier enough (for long enough) to make it stick. But oh boy, when you want disappointment, you get it in spades with the Royals.

It’s fairly telling how short a turnaround from all the good will with the 2014-2015 seasons to being back to the basement. Even if it was an amazing plan (and it’s not) I don’t know a single person who wants the Royals anywhere near downtown (and they currently suck to the point that even the hardcore fans I know have stopped going to games). I guess if it happens though, we’ll see how bad (or not) it hurts. (Or if they leave, people might finally stop teasing an nba or nhl franchise lol)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

And go where

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The lease doesn't expire until 2031, plenty of time to figure that part out

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.

a neat cape posted:

And go where

Oakland, a city highly experienced with moving teams.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

And go where

Probably Nashville.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Crossposting from the main N/V thread. Chargers win the dumbest day on the NFL calendar by about two laps.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F5FBAbbDBh0

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I appreciated the Chiefsaholic cameo.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

then the callback to it

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

And the character he was portrayed as, Lupin the Third.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1658532903477735425

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I just saw this thread title and thought oh man lets Ride I-70 cause im lightly dyslexic with numbers and boy howdy i like that joke better about KC riding I70 to Denver and vegas and somehow LA

thats it, enjoy all

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Unfortunately it stops in Utah I found that out while moving to LA before smartphones

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ben dinucci. ben ben dinucci

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

kiimo posted:

Unfortunately it stops in Utah I found that out while moving to LA before smartphones

Baltimore to Utah, what a cursed road

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Hello Chargers fans

Enjoy some lasers

https://twitter.com/HerbFu11yL0aded/status/1658893709012873216?t=Xt5HIBgcgP5EZcbVNxr20w&s=19

I love him

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wow every play was stick

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's too bad he'll never win a playoff game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm tempted to draft Quentin Johnston in dynasty I just have a feeling that guy is going to be catching some rockets from Herbert

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It's too bad he'll never win a playoff game.

Even Rivers won some of them

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Cavauro posted:

ben dinucci. ben ben dinucci

Bend a noochy

If we keep him, he is The Nooch, there will be no further questions

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1668335052714024961?s=46

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1669054983130726401

:swoon:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xlXTW5CuPY&t=29s

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/aaronladdtv/status/1669491970853486592

Andy in a tux is just wrong, but the red buttons do pop.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/aaronladdtv/status/1669491970853486592

Andy in a tux is just wrong, but the red buttons do pop.

If he puts away one more chicken wing they will.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Why’s he in a tux? Looks maybe something super bowl related but I’d assume that poo poo would be far over but maybe just kansas city things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

They handed out Super Bowl rings. Not sure it's any later than normal?