Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Please talk about QB's and football and cool stuff in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Broncos will beat the Chiefs this year and the rest of the NFL season will be canceled. Parades will be held in every city

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

It's possible. It took a miracle return to beat them in Mile High last year.

I really don't know what to expect from this year's team.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Making sure this makes it to the new thread:

Prediction for standings:

1. Raiders
2. Broncos
3. Chiefs
4. Chargers

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Every post in this thread is from 2018.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Strobe posted:

Every post in this thread is from 2018.

Herbie

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

MrLogan posted:

Making sure this makes it to the new thread:

Prediction for standings:

1. Raiders
2. Broncos
3. Chiefs
4. Chargers

are these ref adjusted or the official rankings?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Juju rides his bike to the endzone chiefs win!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Juju O/U on TDs is 6.5.

I'll take the over.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
this division has 1 herbert, 3 mahomeses, 1.5 carrs, and infinite broncos countries if you see it exclusively on tiktok

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Broncos will beat the Chiefs this year

I know it's bound to happen eventually, but the fact that it's been 7 years since that happened last is awesome to me. gently caress the Broncos forever and ever.

If the Broncos win a game against the Chiefs this year I will donate $10 to the charity of your choice each time it happens.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

SalTheBard posted:

I know it's bound to happen eventually, but the fact that it's been 7 years since that happened last is awesome to me. gently caress the Broncos forever and ever.

If the Broncos win a game against the Chiefs this year I will donate $10 to the charity of your choice each time it happens.

I'll do the same if the Chiefs win.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
gently caress yeah

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

SalTheBard posted:

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'll do the same if the Chiefs win.

All right count me in $25 each time KC beats Denver this year.

Since the NFL doesn't seem to give a gently caress about women, I nominate Resources for Abortion Delivery for the charity if Denver wins.

Bivens
Jun 23, 2003

die mensch·maschine
the Raiders are the most popular team in Los Angeles despite not being there anymore, and they'll be the most popular team in the Bay for at least several more years.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Is anyone arguing that

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

No Butt Stuff posted:

are these ref adjusted or the official rankings?

I'm hoping the NFL wants to slob on McDaniel's knob and they don't get two or three games taken away this year. So official standings.

I guess we'll see this Sunday. The last two years the NFL has helped the Chargers hard in all their games versus the Raiders. I think if they don't get any help, the Raiders wreck the Chargers this Sunday and win by 17. The Raiders have a much more talented roster and their HC isn't a moron.

The Chargers strike me as a team that ends the season 6-11 or 7-10 after having a couple heart break loses where they pull out a loss from the jaws of victory. Then everyone points to how they are 32nd in run defense (again) and that was their doom.

Next offseason they extend Herbie. Staley gets fired after the 2023 season after their ownership realizes he's not going to ever be a decent coach.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

josh mcdaniels is absolutely a moron

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

He thinks the Chargers were 32nd against the run last year. How cute

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I just can't believe McDaniels learned how to be a decent coach (or person) after returning to New England for a decade, so even though Davante is awesome I can't get my head around the idea of the Raiders winning 10 games in a division with 3 other above-average quarterbacks.

I'm thinking the Raiders will be 500-ish, the Broncos will have enough growing pains that they'll end up in the 10-7 range, and the two Chiefs-Chargers games will decide the division championship.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

He thinks the Chargers were 32nd against the run last year. How cute

Sorry they were 30th. 🙄

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MrLogan posted:

Sorry they were 30th. 🙄

I know it's hard to look things up so you don't seem like a moron, but I guess you've never really cared about that

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

*puts on his old hermit robes*

you'll RUE the day McDaniels leads your team! RUE IT I SAY!

legends speak of a man capable of destroying any team he touches..but what that legend doesnt say is that he only does it from the inside!

you've been warned. awoooo....

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What does the nfl gain tho i would’ve figured they’d be smarter and build up the team with their own house and city. And gambling.

Explain that one to me. In detail.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

I know it's hard to look things up so you don't seem like a moron, but I guess you've never really cared about that

Ross, I've apologized several times about Tangled. I'm not sure what else you want me to say.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

No Butt Stuff posted:

josh mcdaniels is absolutely a moron

My innate Raiders hate aside, the Raiders are hosed

McDoucher is NOT a good coach, and will inexplicably alienate your best player by courting someone off the Pats practice squad. I will experience much schadenfreude over the next few years. It will be glorious.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/todpalmer/status/1567968628883980290

So this ended up being essentially nothing unless the moron drives around with an illegal gun again in California.

Still looking forward to be able to cut him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
McDaniels is a good offensive coach

Now will he not do the dumb things he did when he had full power idk

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I mean they traded arguably their best corner for nothing so

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Chucktesla posted:

I mean they traded arguably their best corner for nothing so

Rock Ya-sin is still on the roster.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ProFBLogic/status/1568279144902926337?t=iQtT2wG18_HbFqrP6MnIlQ&s=19

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
He’s playing both sides, that way he always comes out on top

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I know everyone's got to play on Thursday Night eventually and it's probably a good thing to get it out of the way early in the year, but I'm sad that Chiefs/Chargers has to be on TNF.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 12, 2022

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I know everyone's got to play on Thursday Night eventually and it's probably a good thing to get it out of the way early in the year, but I'm sad that Chiefs/Chargers has to be on TNF.

Same.

But yeah, glad to get it out of the way early

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Same poo poo. Different year for the Raiders.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Josh McDaniels is now 5-18 in his last 23 games as a head coach.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Carr was sacked five times and even gave up a sack today, rough stuff

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh good we're back to complaining about PFF churning out ridiculous results time again. I'd missed it.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Jarad/status/1569357343242199040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Khalil Mack had a day. Herbert was solid if not amazing beyond belief. Chargers recieving corp was very good.

Honestly, any other team, I would argue it's the year. But this is the Chargers, and loving lol this team could go 17-0 and still lose divisionals.