Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Please talk about QB's and football and cool stuff in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

It's possible. It took a miracle return to beat them in Mile High last year.

I really don't know what to expect from this year's team.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Same poo poo. Different year for the Raiders.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Let's Ride

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I was trying to avoid comparing him to Paul Hackett but holy gently caress the bald head didn't fall far from the tree

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I woke up today and laughed randomly at my desk over how dumb that ending was.

Let's Ride

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

MrLogan posted:

Making sure this makes it to the new thread:

Prediction for standings:

1. Raiders
2. Broncos
3. Chiefs
4. Chargers
Quoting this for each page.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

MrLogan posted:

I mean, the Raiders would be 2-0 if not for ref scam crap.

Also, Ross is a huge piece of poo poo for cheering for a player getting injured.
But they let the Cardinals right back in to the game. That alone is worth a big L.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Doctor Teeth posted:

'member when dave toub was getting head coaching buzz? i 'member.

that's kinda unfair since they've been good overall throughout his tenure, but boy was yesterday a day to forget for special teams
He should be a candidate for firing for a few years now.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Thread title was aspirational
I........I did not think I was being generous when I said 7-10 in the title. Turns out 7-10 might be the ceiling.

Let's Ride

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

drat that's a tough loss.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

MrLogan posted:

They didn't choke. The Adams call didn't have enough to over turn and then Renfrow got held on the 4th down and the refs didn't call it because it would have helped the Raiders.

The phantom defensive holding on the field goal should be more than enough to show everyone that the NFL/refs are clearly anti-Raiders.

lol lol and more lol

But really. Has Roger Goodell had a bone to pick with Chris Jones ever since his dick fell out at the combine?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Oddly enough, the Saints are good with &e?

Weird to say that. They have to win the next 4 and will maybe have to do at least 1 week without Adams for being a big ol dummy.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I wouldn’t go that far
Just you wait. He's going to forsaken the Bengals for ever letting him leave.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The Chiefs have a legit shot at being 5-2 at the bye and the second half of the schedule looks more favorable.

I'll take it.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pete Carrol goes to bed every night with a massive boner. For once, it's not over 9/11 conspiracy theories.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is the Russ trade now the worst in history
Maybe not, but the extension before he ever played a snap really put it over the top.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

:rip:

I broke my ankle on a hike and ended up not making the game. lmao.
It was for the best.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Not likely Russ is gonna be the chef next week, so chalk up the Jags game as an L. After that is the bye and he should be back after that.

@TEN
LV
@CAR
@BAL
KC
AZ
@LAR
@KC
LAC

That's a brutal schedule for a team that's basically quit already.

There's a fair shot they could go winless, but I think the ceiling for this stretch is 2 wins.

2-15 to 4-13 would lock the Seahawks in with a top 5 pick and would almost assuredly cause the entire staff to get fired.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Who the gently caress is going to want that job when you’re handcuffed to Wilson for the next two years, have no first rounders and have to play the Chiefs twice a year.
No idea. It's not like they can draft a young QB to build up either because the Seahawks will be doing that with their pick. :laugh:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Sucks for JC Jackson. Sounds like it's maybe a career ending sort of thing.

At least he got paid first.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

What's going on with the Raiders reminds me of Detroit.

Building up a scrappy playoff caliber team only to trash it all for Patriots bullshit where everything will fall apart.

They made a mistake not keeping the last staff together.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Keeping Bisaccia would have been stupid

I guess being lovely is better?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Yeah I had a blast watching the Bisaccia team

Three of those results were against 2 teams in the AFCCG. The rest were close.

After everything that happened, it was a miracle they ever made it as a Wild Card. He at least deserved a full year to flame out.

Josh McDaniels loving sucks.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

It was a miracle that the Raiders last year were able to make playoffs but it was the combination of Gruden stacking on 5 wins in the first 6 weeks and lucky coin flip OT games. That offense was annoying and the red zone scoring was miserable. It took Gruden like 4 years to get the offense in that position and Bisaccia is not that guy. I get that the players like him but hes not a hidden secret Vince lombardi
I don't think anyone was claiming that he was? Can't keep dumping staffs when they start to get some positive results and then wonder why the team sucks a lot.

Spin it however you need to but the Raiders have been to the playoffs 3 times in 20 years and they couldn't wait to dump the staffs after making it.

I just don't see what Josh McDaniels is going to do for the Raiders besides ravage what was working for them.

The Defense still sucks, Carr sucks, Waller sucks. The one working cog probably can't wait to run the gently caress away.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

MrLogan posted:

They would have made the playoffs each of the last 4 years if they wouldn't have games taken away from them.

Carr has been a top 10 QB his entire career, you need to get past your bias. This is a world where people think Dak or Murray are decent QBs; that's where the standard is.

Uh, that's exactly my point. Carr and Waller were big contributors last season and now they are not.

Renfrow, too.

acidx posted:

I'm not convinced McDaniels is a great OC. Without Brady, his record at OC isn't all that good. The Cam Newton year and his year with the Rams were absolutely terrible. The Cassell year was impressive, but I think the Chiefs got a little more out of Cassell in 2010, albeit with a lot more time and in a less chaotic situation. His time as a head coach doesn't point to offensive genius either.

VVVVVV that too
We could of passed for 4,000 yards with Wes Welker and Randy Moss at WR. Cassel was a total mirage.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 2, 2022

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Thinkin' the thread title might need some revision

Who knew I was being really optimistic when I originally set it?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

lmao remember when the Raiders lost a game because two receivers ran into each other?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Nervous posted:

Was it this one?

Yes that's the one!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Skyy really just sucks as a returner and Dave Toub should be shot out of a loving cannon for ever putting him back there, again.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

waffle enthusiast posted:

Chiefs friends, looks like MGIII just got signed to your practice squad. I’m super upset that we let him go and if I were you I would definitely lobby to move him to the 53 man roster as soon as possible. TBH I think you have a potential starter on your hands.

They got the Seahawks coming up and needed somebody that knew all the calls.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Mods

Please change 7-10 to 4-13.

Thank You

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

To be fair, you should have seen that coming. Jacobs is running like a man that's soon to be very rich and the Chargers suck a lot at stopping it.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I would be too but I knew that Bengals rear end kicking was coming all along.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The Las Vegas Raiders

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Russ finally gets cookin' and fried his brain. Rip.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Simplex posted:

There seems to be a recurring theme with the Chiefs just being careless about ball security. Yesterday was an absolutely miserable performance from the Broncos until Mahomes the them back into the game.
Well, the first INT was just an unbelievable play by Jewell and the second one was more Surtain making a good scoop. The third INT was just stupid.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Simplex posted:

I honestly thought the first two were worse than the third. Yeah the Denver defense made great plays, but they were only in position to make those plays because of some sloppy throws. The third at least was a situation where KC needed to make a play that he forced a bad pass into coverage.
The first one was Jewell not being baited with his eyes.

The second one was a combo of bad pass, Moore running a lovely route and Surtain making a good grab.

Last one was a repeat of the first one. Not sure why he thought the 2nd time it would just suddenly work.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

gently caress John Elway.

Now let's watch Trey Smith legally kill 2 Broncos in one play.

https://twitter.com/CoachDanCasey/status/1602131398353207297

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What ARE the Raiders?

Better than the Patriots.