Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
from macrumors:

https://www.macrumors.com/2022/09/07/apple-store-down-ahead-of-far-out/ posted:

The event, being held at the Steve Jobs Theater at Apple Park, will include a wide range of new announcements and updates. Apple is expected to announce the ‌iPhone 14‌, the ‌iPhone 14‌ Plus, the iPhone 14 Pro, and the ‌iPhone 14 Pro‌ Max as the new iPhone series.

The two higher-end models of the lineup, the ‌iPhone 14 Pro‌ and ‌iPhone 14 Pro‌ Max, are expected to feature the biggest changes, including a new pill-shaped notch replacement, an always-on display, longer battery life, and more advanced cameras. According to rumors, the ‌iPhone 14‌ and ‌iPhone 14‌ Plus will have relatively few new features and changes.

For the Apple Watch, Apple is planning an updated Apple Watch Series 8 that is rumored to feature an all-new body temperature sensor but retains the same design as the Apple Watch Series 7.

The bigger Apple Watch news is likely to be the new Apple Watch Pro, which will feature an all-new larger design with a more expansive display targeted toward athletes. Apple is also expected to announce the second-generation ‌AirPods Pro‌ during the event, according to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman.

MacRumors will have in-depth coverage of Apple's event, which kicks off at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time

livestream: https://www.apple.com/apple-events/ (its also on youtube)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

im proud of myself for not buying any phones or watches the last year

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

cool, another apple event for me to not give the tiniest poo poo about

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
oh boy cant wait for the marketing part

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
maybe I'll watch it live this time maybe not 🥱 depends how busy I am

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I will watch the iphones

and iphone the watches

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i have an iphone xs and it sucks because IOS is bad. unless they are planning on making IOS not bad i dont really see the point in new apple devices

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sweevo posted:

cool, another apple event for me to not give the tiniest poo poo about

so cool

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
are they going to finally get rid of the flimsy rear end lightning connector for the superior usb-c? probably not because apple wants to maximize dongle profits

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

this thing doesn't start for like 3 hours

poty
Jun 21, 2008

distortion park posted:

this thing doesn't start for like 3 hours

if its close enough for cnbc to check in with a correspondent at the apple event its close enough to do the thread imo

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

i have an iphone xs and it sucks because IOS is bad. unless they are planning on making IOS not bad i dont really see the point in new apple devices

translation: shagger has an iphone 13 pro and has his finger ready to preorder a 14 pro max

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

poty posted:

if its close enough for cnbc to check in with a correspondent at the apple event its close enough to do the thread imo

most tech media put up their "live commentary" articles last night

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

haveblue posted:

lol i saw a few on friday because of the holiday weekend

gotta maximize the clicks

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I really hope that always-on screen rumor for the iPhone is false. Just the absolute last thing I would want the phone to have.

But it is about time for me to get a refresh for my Apple Watch, so hopefully the new models are pretty cool.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
windows mobile had the glance screen which ruled. if the phone wasnt in your pocket, face down, etc... it would set the home screen to black with white clock + notification text. since it was oled the power usage was incredibly small. it was super good, but also the text that you could display on the home screen on windows mobile was way more useful than whats possible on ios

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
thats probably not even possible with ios because it uses dumb loving widgets where they cant just be simple text

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I haven't heard a single interesting rumor this year. everything is going to be bigger, more expensive and with more market segmentation

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

prediction: nothing of interest will be announced

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Clark Nova posted:

everything is going to be bigger, more expensive and with more market segmentation

the curse of timb

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

windows mobile had the glance screen which ruled. if the phone wasnt in your pocket, face down, etc... it would set the home screen to black with white clock + notification text. since it was oled the power usage was incredibly small. it was super good, but also the text that you could display on the home screen on windows mobile was way more useful than whats possible on ios

Shaggar posted:

thats probably not even possible with ios because it uses dumb loving widgets where they cant just be simple text

translation: shagger is pumped for the always on screen on his future iphone 14 pro!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

translation: shagger has an iphone 13 pro and has his finger ready to preorder a 14 pro max

one of those self-hating iphone fanboys

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i support always-on screens when the iphone 14 becomes too old to run software in 2031 you can keep it around as the worlds most expensive table clock

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

haveblue posted:

i don't blame them since the live content plugin for whatever CMS they use is probably a nightmare to troubleshoot if something goes wrong

just fuckin throw that poo poo up friday, have nilay crank out whatever dumbass poo poo he's gonna inevitably spooge, and go get drunk over the weekend

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
bigger, better, and more badass

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

cant wait to gasp at prices

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Shaggar posted:

are they going to finally get rid of the flimsy rear end lightning connector for the superior usb-c? probably not because apple wants to maximize dongle profits

they wont and ill be mad abou it

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

bump_fn posted:

they wont and ill be mad abou it

ill be happy i can keep using my lightning cables for 2-3 more years until i get another phone

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

there’s gonna be a boring phone but a sick new apple watch

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
the lightning connector is physically much better than usb-c

i am looking forward to announcement of a phone my mom can get to replace her 7+, or alternately a price drop in the iphones 13

i might want a new watch though, the not-always-on screen in this SE is a slight irritant compared to my wife's watch 5

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
the best thing about being ik was probating cremnob 10 minutes before every apple event

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

the 49mm seems quite large but prob pro only

i just got a series 7 45mm tho, so im not even gonna bother!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Actually don't think i'm gonna buy anything. i was considering a 14promax but eh.

gonna get one of those 3d cache 7950x's in january instead

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i get my phone thru work so gonna wait till january for anything - right now on a XR - so if i cant at least get a 14 pro come jan ill just buy one myself.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i have a meeting an hour into this so i guess i'll miss the important stuff

poty
Jun 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/LanceUlanoff/status/1567539412879441927

covid is fully over clearly

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I’m replacing my se with a 14 so please be good mr tim