Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

oh my god there's so many flies eating the figs

not even fruit flies. big gross green flies. i ordered a fly trap that should get here tuesday. i hope it works.

just hang a bag of water dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
little fruit flies keep sneaking in here from somewhere (i suspect the neighboring chud widower) and its driving me loving nuts. normally i'd just ignore them since they're gonna die anyway but its making it ridiculously difficult to concentrate without smoosh

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

huh, that spot in montauk has a ton of pretty well camouflaged things of interest if you use the aerial view

if you use google earth 3d though they're actually super obvious :sickos: kinda weird to see what appears to be a VLF facility in the middle of high end suburbia:

it's an old airforce base

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montauk_Air_Force_Station

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

wife taking advantage of beers and child happiness to get decorations up early.

hope these double hitches hold

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

how is it? i'd be afraid that the cheaper ones would suck once you had a bunch of weight in the drawers. im in the market though, so if I can save a few hundred bucks that'd be great

harbor freight's mid to upper tiers are serious contenders to snap-on or craftsman and the real motherfuckers are starting to come around to it. Just don't but the actual cheapest drill HF sells. i did and it caught on fire

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

oh my god there's so many flies eating the figs

not even fruit flies. big gross green flies. i ordered a fly trap that should get here tuesday. i hope it works.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

welp that would explain the poorly concealed launchers lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

harbor freight's mid to upper tiers are serious contenders to snap-on or craftsman and the real motherfuckers are starting to come around to it. Just don't but the actual cheapest drill HF sells. i did and it caught on fire

my thing with harbor freight stuff, and i think my distinguished colleague here will agree, is that if it can kill or maim you with a sudden, unexpected failure, dont buy it from harbor freight. Otherwise, go nuts.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Achmed Jones posted:

how is it? i'd be afraid that the cheaper ones would suck once you had a bunch of weight in the drawers. im in the market though, so if I can save a few hundred bucks that'd be great

Now that I've loaded all my poo poo in it, it's just fine and in glad I got the cheaper one. There was a 10% off coupon on the website for it too

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I bought a wood plane at harbor freight today explicitly because it looked extremely lovely. It was $15! $15!!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

idk if that’s expensive or not I still use the wood plane of a dead man aka my grandfather.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's so cheap I can't imagine how they sold it to me without stealing parts of it. I bet it's a piece of absolute garbage

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lets all go to harbor freight. we can take the 959!

hop in

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
nice day

got a nice sandwich at the deli for lunch and picked up pork chops for dinner, then watched gsl until i felt like working on my workbench. finished the mortises for the legs and cut them to an even length, then started on the spacers. settled on a height and made a jig to route out the mortises, but only finished one pair before i decided it was time to cook. and now i’m hanging around and healing random poo poo on my priest, and there’s football tomorrow

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

watchin Alone with my girl, talkin a lot of poo poo about people, its a good time.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I love doing that

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Look at this moron not tending the gil net. He's toast. Kaput. Gonna get constipation from eating tree bark and tap

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

the relief on the steel penny is — heh — striking

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

Look at this moron not tending the gil net. He's toast. Kaput. Gonna get constipation from eating tree bark and tap

hes making a BOAT?!?

this is gonna take him way too much time, total newbie mistake

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
it's not even 2 am yet so im munchin on chicken strips

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
it's like 4pm sunday here. kids have been playing splatoon3 all day and i haven't done squat.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

man im out of fun snacks :(

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

maybe some of this spinach is still healthy enough to get dipped into caesar and franks xtra hot?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

is this the new cjs thread?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

no j in the week-end

I wonder if this left-over pizza I have in the fridge is good to eat - I bought it Friday night. I'm wary of the mushrooms.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what did the mushrooms do to you?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Moo Cowabunga posted:

what did the mushrooms do to you?

no poopchat

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:itwaspoo:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i ended up sleeping for 10 hours. yikes

i guess it's fine since it is the weekend

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

waiting for couch delivery attempt #4 this morning, missed previously due to "lack of drivers" last Saturday, last Monday, and 2 days ago

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
my girl requested a no-shop day, so i’m hunkering down for football

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

got my vise and drill press bolted to the new tool chest and moved all my poo poo into it. It's so nice having all my stuff in one place now

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

got my vise and drill press bolted to the new tool chest and moved all my poo poo into it. It's so nice having all my stuff in one place now

this looks pretty cool, but is that an xray film viewer? lol

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i woke up at 6am today to go see this weird formation on the sea near abuferiea, portugal. there's a bunch of cliffs and some caves in them, and this particular chamber has two openings to the ocean and one to the sky, and we paddleboarded in. this photo really doesn't do it justice, it felt way bigger than this looks, but it was pretty sweet

anyway it's a good thing we got up so early because apparently this place is instagram bait of the first order. i thought it was busy when we got there but holy poo poo it was a loving zoo by 10am, showing no signs of slowing down

PokeJoe posted:

this is fuckin rad

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Beeftweeter posted:

this looks pretty cool, but is that an xray film viewer? lol

Lmao it's a frame that holds an LED array to put plants in that my brother bought me. I took it apart and stuck it to the wall because I already have a better indoor greenhouse and that room is dark as poo poo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Truman Peyote posted:

i woke up at 6am today to go see this weird formation on the sea near abuferiea, portugal. there's a bunch of cliffs and some caves in them, and this particular chamber has two openings to the ocean and one to the sky, and we paddleboarded in. this photo really doesn't do it justice, it felt way bigger than this looks, but it was pretty sweet

anyway it's a good thing we got up so early because apparently this place is instagram bait of the first order. i thought it was busy when we got there but holy poo poo it was a loving zoo by 10am, showing no signs of slowing down

this is fuckin rad

lol dude that looks fuckin massive and also cool as hell. im jelly

PokeJoe posted:

Lmao it's a frame that holds an LED array to put plants in that my brother bought me. I took it apart and stuck it to the wall because I already have a better indoor greenhouse and that room is dark as poo poo

oh neat. for some reason i like the pattern it makes against your wall, maybe turning the other lights off if its not dark enough already might make for interesting lighting effects if you're trying to snap something

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter posted:

lol dude that looks fuckin massive and also cool as hell. im jelly
hi jelly I'm dad

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

are these dremel drill presses any good? I had one like 20 years ago and it was a wobbly POS

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

weekend update: got the shoe cabinet installed. Looks good, hosed up one or two minor things but its fine. Still too many goddamn shoes around here but it's a big improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

gonna roast a duck now