Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Guillo posted:

Im in as Guillo, not Guillotina

Corrected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Guillo posted:

Im in as Guillo, not Guillotina

Guillo! :wave:

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Hai!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Shellception posted:

Also important to know: Gnosia kills follow a couple restrictions.

- The Gnosia MUST submit a kill each night. Abstaining is not allowed.
- Gnosia cannot be NKed. Only human players or bugs can die at night!

Added a note to the rules OP that I forgot to specify at start, noting it here too so it doesn't take anyone by surprise.

Also, if anyone wants me to add pronouns to their name, just tell me!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

You wake up, startled. The ship alarms have apparently been going haywire for a while. Sleepily, you make your way to the Meeting Room, and exchange glances with your equally half-asleep crewmates.

You all have gone through this before. You knew what you were getting into. But this time, it's real. The real deal... not a simulation, not a drill. The worst has come to pass.

This time, you know it, some of those people - people you have laughed with, shared food with, worked with, are no longer human.

And they are about to kill you all.

It is now Day 1!

(no day banners, I forgot to make any)

Mod note: Please mark any official claims with ##Step Forward.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Well, that's earlier than I expected.

I'mma just ##Step Forward as the Engineer to get that over with.

Except me Gnosia Dading a lot this game because y'all been playing it wrong the last two times.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

Expect me Gnosia Dading a lot this game because y'all been playing it wrong the last two times.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m happy to report that I am town

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Gnosis more like

More like

More like

yeah I got nothing. ##Step Forward what’s up everyone I’m the doctor

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
Hype tbh

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

same

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
👋👨‍👩‍👧‍👦, 🎊🎮❗

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Yami Fenrir posted:

Except me Gnosia Dading a lot this game because y'all been playing it wrong the last two times.

🎴 -> 🧑‍🔧

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

saladscooper posted:

Gnosis more like

More like

More like

yeah I got nothing. ##Step Forward what’s up everyone I’m the doctor

🥗 -> 🧑‍⚕️

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'd be very impressed if you can keep up that gimmick for a day

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

:thunk:

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
This is going to be good! Last time certainly was.

Yami Fenrir posted:

saladscooper posted:

##Step Forward what’s up everyone I’m the doctor
I see we already have two claims. That's Gnosia for you.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

NeverHelm posted:

This is going to be good! Last time certainly was.

I see we already have two claims. That's Gnosia for you.

Well, it is kind of a central point of the game so yeah. No point in waiting.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Yami Fenrir posted:

I'd be very impressed if you can keep up that gimmick for a day

:dare:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

But seriously, if salad's a fake doctor and the real one hasn't spoken up yet, you need to counterclaim that. A claim going through with 0 counterclaims is treated as conf town.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Yami Fenrir posted:

But seriously, if salad's a fake doctor and the real one hasn't spoken up yet, you need to counterclaim that. A claim going through with 0 counterclaims is treated as conf town.

☝ = 🧑‍🔧

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled
The world wide best day 1 scum hunter is here. If you have not heard the stories, this will be one of them that will stick in your memories like glue.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Yami Fenrir posted:

Why are people claiming on day 1?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Guillo posted:

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Yami Fenrir posted:

Huh?

How do i vote this guy here

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Guillo posted:

The world wide best day 1 scum hunter is here. If you have not heard the stories, this will be one of them that will stick in your memories like glue.

Guillo posted:

Huh?

⚜ 👃 👺

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
I see we're already having that "what the heck is this" moment. Happens every time.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Guillo posted:

It's how Gnosia is played. There's (at least in this setup) always an Engineer (aka Cop in our lingo) and a Doctor (they are the only ones that get flips).

If they claim and go unopposed, that means they treated as confirmed town. This is bad for Gnosia (because there is a Guardian Angel (doctor in mafia lingo) that can protect them from the NK.

But this also applied to Gnosia (scum), who can officially fakeclaim these roles.

The usual meta is to claim day 1 because that's the only day where there's no chance the real doctor/engineer can't have been NKed already (which would end up with ONLY fake engineers or doctors), which could be a complete disaster.

Gnosia isn't quite like normal maf in that regard - While yes, Gnosia WILL be essentially in the open, voting them is actually counterproductive early on. You NEED the information the Engineer and Doctor claims provide. And even if you get the Gnosia out, the real engineer/doctor is almost guaranteed to die right after.

Gnosia is essentially a game of sorting out which claims are more trustworthy than others. Town didn't realize this the last 2 games I've modded (iirc) so I'm putting it clearly out in the open.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Also, I do recommend reading the OP.

It's got most of this info.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Guillo posted:

Huh?

[b]##vote Yami Fenrir[./b]

and [b]unvote[./b]

(remove the .)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Guillo posted:

Huh?

I think Votefinder is down, but you'd say something like '##vote so-and-so'.

Also, good morning!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Quackles posted:

I think Votefinder is down, but you'd say something like '##vote so-and-so'.

Also, good morning!

🌄🦆

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote wind

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Yami Fenrir posted:

It's how Gnosia is played. There's (at least in this setup) always an Engineer (aka Cop in our lingo) and a Doctor (they are the only ones that get flips).

If they claim and go unopposed, that means they treated as confirmed town. This is bad for Gnosia (because there is a Guardian Angel (doctor in mafia lingo) that can protect them from the NK.

But this also applied to Gnosia (scum), who can officially fakeclaim these roles.

The usual meta is to claim day 1 because that's the only day where there's no chance the real doctor/engineer can't have been NKed already (which would end up with ONLY fake engineers or doctors), which could be a complete disaster.

Gnosia isn't quite like normal maf in that regard - While yes, Gnosia WILL be essentially in the open, voting them is actually counterproductive early on. You NEED the information the Engineer and Doctor claims provide. And even if you get the Gnosia out, the real engineer/doctor is almost guaranteed to die right after.

Gnosia is essentially a game of sorting out which claims are more trustworthy than others. Town didn't realize this the last 2 games I've modded (iirc) so I'm putting it clearly out in the open.

Ok and how do i know you ate not fake claiming Engineer to bail the real engineer to claim?

Same for the player claiming doctor.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

NeverHelm posted:

I see we're already having that "what the heck is this" moment. Happens every time.

Bound to happen tbh.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

wologar posted:

🌄🦆

Oh god it's spreading.

##vote OwOlogar

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Guillo posted:

Ok and how do i know you ate not fake claiming Engineer to bail the real engineer to claim?

Actually i doubt two scum try to bait real claims out, that is suicidal because they will be screwed when the real engineer or doctor flip.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Guillo posted:

That's the thing about Gnosia, that's basically a gameplay feature.

Town needs to counter fake engineers/doctors to make sure scum does not get falsely confirmed as town.
Scum needs to counter engineers/doctors to muddy the waters and not get confirmed Engineers/Doctors.

It's unusual but that's why this is a mafia-like, and not normal mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Guillo posted:

Actually i doubt two scum try to bait real claims out, that is suicidal because they will be screwed when the real engineer or doctor flip.

Incidentally, Doctor is misleading.

"Doctor" in Gnosia terms means that they are the only people to get the flip, in private. This is why this works the way it dos.

I seriously recommend reading the OP.