Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’ll play

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m happy to report that I am town

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

:thunk:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote wind

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lets just vote the engineers. How about we start in reverse alphabetical order :getin:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

WindwardAway posted:

I thought you wanted to vote me out first 🤷 I didn't even claim engineer lol

When did I say I wanted to vote you out first

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Is there any reason for a townie to fake claim engineer? Like to protect the real engineer or something like that

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Wologar is the ac follower

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Just seems like the sort of gimmick an acf would use

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Bif is prolly gnosia

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Hmm I agree with bif. Nep nep is at the top of my scum list for that post

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote nep nep

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Quackles posted:

I might as well place a vote.

I should note that I find binus completely impossible to read, so acting purely on instinct, I'll ##vote b-minus1.
This is based on almost no evidence at all, and I'll happily change it if there's a better suggestion.

Did you miss the post where I said I was town?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote quackles

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
So if I understand correctly, there’s almost certainly 2 scum among the engineer and doctor claims

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Yeah seems like the smart play is to vote out one of the doctor claims

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Let’s vote beet

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Plastic isn’t gnosia.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Alright, so the gnosia are:
Yami, salad/beet, and then maybe hal/asf. Looks like yami may have bussed in their most recent post.
Quackles is acf

Plastic, never, nep, wind, guillo are town. I’m also town. I think all of this checks out

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yeah I think I'mma just vote b-. Yeah bla bla LHF but this b- seems off.

B- usually does whatever he wants regardless of thread state but this game so far he just seems to be going along with the flow way too much:

Says this right after some light prodding

Doesn't take much to suddenly agree with a scumread does it?

So not only is b- following the flow of others, two of these are literally agreeing with his supposed scumreads.

I know B- is wild but this progression seems nonsensical even for him.

##vote b-

Hell yeah

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Bifauxnen posted:

It is fun to try and decode these, but yeah hope it gets dropped D2 at the latest

In total seriousness, the most sus thing about binus is that he said this instead of just 'lol'

How is that sus

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Bifauxnen posted:

People always say binus is low hanging fruit, but he's actually surprisingly hard to lunch early, since pointing out "binus is low hanging fruit" is even lower hanging fruit

##vote binus

That’s not true at all. I get mislunched all the time

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hal Insandenza posted:

that is true! Let me be part of the change ##vote binus

Do you actually think I’m scum

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

His posts read way more genuine than his usual scum game, to me at least . I’m pretty good at sussing out his scummy behavior and I don’t see it here. This being a flipless game is a little annoying because I won’t know if I’m right until the game ends, but plastic is nowhere near the top of my lunch list.

Yami is probably gnosia. I intentionally called him gnosia to see how he would react, and he responded exactly like I thought he would. First response was to acknowledge the post (“ah there’s the b- I was looking for”) without addressing me calling him out as scum. And then a few posts later, he cases and votes me after first trying to group me with quackles and beet (lol). Like he was building up to the case. No surprise there.

I’m still not ready to vote him yet. The game mechanics are throwing me for a loop. Because if we are wrong and he actually is the engineer, we will have to deal with plastic and quackles feeding us bs for the rest of the game. But he’s definitely high on my lunch list

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

NeverHelm posted:

I'm curious about something, binus. You put hal/ASF as your non-claiming scum. In other words, some of the most quiet posters. What in particular convinced you that they are Gnosia over anyone else?

I didn’t like the “undecided” part of this yami post.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yeah I've come to the same conclusion. I like NH, Wind, and guillo for town right now.

Undecided on ASF, b-, apparently hal is also in this game...?

I've got some pings on bif and still need to read a few others.

Especially the “hal is also in this game….” My first reaction was thst if looks like a light bus that yami could lean on later in the game if hal or asf ever come under fire. Idk if I actually believe that, but it was something that pinged me the first time I read it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Nep-Nep posted:

given that read of Yami, how did I end up on your townie list when I outright ignored you calling me your top scum read

I liked the posts that followed. Also I don’t expect everyone to respond to being called scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
It’s more that you went from acknowledging that I made an effort post, to then speculating that I could be gnosia with beet and plastic, to outright calling me scum. In a very brief amount of time.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
One more thing. You guys are telling me that there is no logical reason for a townie to fake claim a power role. So based on the claims, it seems like we have 2 gnosia and an ac follower, or 3 gnosia among the 5 claims. Wouldn’t it make sense for the town engineer to vote one of the other 2 claimed engineers, knowing with absolute certainty thst they’re lying about their role? I mean, if I was the engineer I would have voted one of the engineer claims and would not move my vote until that person is lunched. But That’s just me.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

NeverHelm posted:

What's wrong with that post from a town perspective? I mean... There really wasn't any real information to decide from at that point. I said as much, too. In fact Yami and I were the only ones to even mention Hal at all before you made that post. So from what I can see, it sounds like you scumread Yami and decided that his "undecided" reads were also scummy with logic you yourself seem to admit isn't that credible. Now sure, you yourself were also in that group, and you are being targeted by Yami now - but the only vote against you at that point was Quackles, who was on fairly shaky ground. I don't know if I'd call that being "under fire".

And then there's this:

How is that reaction scummy exactly? Building up to a case against someone who is legitimately posting somewhat inconsistently is not scummy in my book. This is just you recapping what happened and going "this is just like I think scum Yami would act, so he's scum".

If an Engineer/Doctor actually did that I'd call them scummy as hell for picking the "safe" choice rather than actively engaging with the others. People probably aren't going to vote a claim out, not D1, so there's little risk voting them even if that person is ACF or fellow Gnosia. But even if it did happen it's not even indicative of town because Gnosia also want the other claims dead. Sure, we did lunch a scum Engineer D1 last time, but that was because scum bussed heavily (because they didn't think we'd go for it, for this exact reason) and said claim was extremely sketchy from the beginning. I imagine if Yami had actually voted an Engineer all this time then you'd be arguing exactly this and blaming him for that instead.

Honestly your arguments don't really make sense to me, and I feel like you are twisting yourself backward to justify calling Yami scummy. Your previous inconsistencies regarding your scumreads are also still tripping me up. I'm sorry, but that's too many pings piling up for my taste. I think this is good enough for a D1 vote so, I'll ##vote b-minus1.
Yikes that’s a bad vote. I mean st least you explained your reasoning, but you’re wrong.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
So this is what I get for calling yami scum. Lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Obviously I’m biased here but I have no idea how you could read my posts and think I’m scum. I pretty clearly trying to solve the game and still getting a feel for the gnosia mechanics

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Nep-Nep posted:

binus you were alive in the previous loop until like the end of the game, what's confusing about the gnosia mechanics
Here’s how well I understood gnosia mechanics in the last game

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3997691&userid=139143&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post522874016

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3997691&userid=139143&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post522974297

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3997691&userid=139143&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post522974698

I’m actually trying to understand why we don’t just lunch any claimed power roles. We know for a fact that unless someone is throwing, we have at least 2 gnosia and a probable ac followed narrowed down to 5 people. Could be a bug there too. I guess that does complicate things a bit. drat bug.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

saladscooper posted:

Bah, not sure who I'd vote yet today. Gotta reread.

Can you please explain why you aren’t voting beet?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

hambeet posted:

i'm confused i read this as an assertion and i think others did too, not questioning the original claim?

i think yami has not changed their sussness

Why aren’t you voting Salas scooper

Am I taking crazy pills or something? Why aren’t you guys voting each other. What am I missing

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

hambeet posted:

idk what was one of my first few handful of posts in this game, which you'd know if you were reading them

I was looking for the one where you voted the person with the apparent fake doctor claim. I didn’t find it

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I completely missed quackles mega vt post. Not sure what to think about that hmmm. However:.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Ah, Yami. You're talking so much, but giving yourself away in the process. So much mechanics talk to disguise the fact that you're operating off of too much information, and have very carefully avoided weighing in on who's scum. But at the moment, that's not really that important. Because I know you're scum, you know I'm real, and most importantly, wasting time fighting over this just lets your partners slink into the background.

I was going to rage-vote the moment Quackles revealed this, but I think he's probably pulling an incredibly dumbass stunt, and I think he's actually town. Why? It's the vote on me. If he was scum, he'd very much want to keep me around, loud suspicion or not, because a D1 vote on me exposes that Yami is Gnosia and scum team loses their most valuable player day 2. Is it a good price to pay for just getting rid of the engineer? I don't think so. The scum play is to stall cutting this knot out for as long as possible because if the choice is between Yami and I at or near LYLO, then I fuckin' know who's getting picked for that. (Also if anyone thinks that with the amount of burnout I've been trying to get over, that I would willingly CC a town Yami, you're all loving insane.)

I just can’t see gnosia plastic making this post. I suppose he could be ac follower but that would mean yami is town. Unless guillo is scum that backpedaled, that would mean no scum jumped on the engineer claim. I’m still leaning scum on yami and town on plastic

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Quackles posted:

OK, so I've chewed through the thread since my post and drawn up a chart.

Here is how I think the situation stands.

There are two major blocs: Yami/salad/NeverHelm, and Plastic/hambeet/hal, with Binus stuck in the middle. Binus is unique because he isn't signing on to either, favoring Plastic and Salad over Yami and Hambeet. Most of the Yami bloc is suspicious of Binus, and most of the Plastic bloc likes him.
Oddly, Binus seems to be oscillating on how suspicious he thinks plastic is - the lack of willingness to determine a position somewhat worries me, considering he mislikes Yami.

WindwardAway apppears to be in the middle, but the heat's not on her - Yami likes her but she generally seems to be helpful and hasn't gotten as much heat over all. Binus likes her too. I don't think her status is being contested at the moment. I also like her - she seems to be trying to be helpful so far.

Guillo is very probably town based on his newness and funny VT claiming behavior - we've already gone over this upthread and there's not much for me to say here.

I don't have enough info on Nep, Bif, and SporkChan to determine an allegiance, though a few are leaning to one side or the other. Meanwhile, A Sometimes Food is lurking and Wologar... well, :v:

Maybe it's just me, but Yami's bloc seems to be on better terms with me than plastic's bloc, and the feeling is mutual. While some of this may just be my past history with plastic, I think part of Yami's friendliness is that they oppose binus, who is suspicious of me.
From my point of view, it appears like Yami and co. have consistently been more helpful than Plastic and co., generally. In terms of trying to work with the thread and find the Gnosia. I'm not willing to completely rule out a bluff, but they come on better in their first impression.

Though it's a bit on intuition, my main feeling is I should stand with Yami; as such, I'll change my vote now to ##vote Binus.

(Thought experiment: what if I'm wrong? If I'm being flattered or led down the garden path by fuzzy in-group feelings, then I do think Yami and salad are too joined at the hip to be one-fake-one-real. If I later become suspicious of Yami, salad gets guilted by association, and vice versa.)

You seriously typed all that poo poo out just to end up voting me? Hilarious.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
How the hell do you conclude that voting me is the best path forward for the game? Especially after acknowledging that I’m in the middle of engineer debate and on record saying that I’m not opposed to lunching anyone that has claimed.

And for the record, I still don’t understand why the claimed engineers/doctors aren’t voting each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Loooooll everything about that post is scummy as gently caress

“WindwardAway apppears to be in the middle, but the heat's not on her - Yami likes her but she generally seems to be helpful and hasn't gotten as much heat over all. Binus likes her too. I don't think her status is being contested at the moment. I also like her - she seems to be trying to be helpful so far”

So wind and I are “stuck in the middle” (lol)

Also “yami likes her, but she seems helpful” what does that even mean

Ok so you like wind because she appears to be helpful. And that’s enough for you. Cool. I pretty much came to the same conclusion after reading winds posts.

Quackles, I need you to explain to me why exactly you think I’m scum. Am I being unhelpful? Do you think I’m lying about something?