Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
I'm in! Gotta maintain my Gnosia track record of lurk-lurk-logic bombs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Morning all, I'm so glad we're already at tripleclaim

I mean, we did have a quad-claim for a while!

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Quackles posted:

For reference, I was Cassidy the first loop and Setsu the second loop. Both times I was in a masonry and both times I was evil. Coincidence? :v: :tinfoil: :rolleyes:

Not a coincidence at all.

I was all set to tunnel you all game just due to Gnosia 2, but you claiming Engineer (Again?!) is making me hold off for now.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

While the player = emoji is helpful, especially since I couldn't parse some of those, this gimmick is wearing thin.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Every single point of this is white noise and if you weren't in the Engineer pileup I would lunch you for this

This is where I'm at too. But I'm also trying real hard not to tunnel on Quackles right from the start, but I am wary with how much I got played in Gnosia 2 (Plastic won us that game).

I probably won't vote Quack D1, just because of the Engineer claim, and I want to get some info from them. But most of their posts have been pinging me, and I will vote them sooner rather than later.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

So if I understand correctly, there’s almost certainly 2 scum among the engineer and doctor claims

Which leaves exactly one scum (and 1 Guardian Angel) amongst the 10 non-claimed players.

At the moment I'm reconsidering my stance on voting a claim. Or maybe just intentionally pushing for a no-lunch the first day. But aiming at the non-claimed masses feels like a bad idea.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Nep-Nep posted:

no no lunch, we need doctor claimed flips

Fair, I did forget about the no flip for a moment.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

Yeah seems like the smart play is to vote out one of the doctor claims

So as Nep pointed out it's not as simple as a 2:1, 3:1, 10:1 group of chances. Because the consequences of getting it wrong on the doctor or engineer groups would be much more severe than getting it wrong in the unclaimed group. Even worst case scenario of D1 lunching the Guardian Angel would be better than D1 lunching the only town Engineer or Doctor.

So I will likely be looking at someone in the unclaimed group. Of those I feel the most town-y are Nep and Guillo (I feel the earlier Engineer non-claim was legitimate confusion, not scum faking). Everyone else in that group is mostly null-reads for me at the moment. Hopefully something shakes loose overnight or tomorrow when I can look more closely at posts.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Why would you ever no-lunch day 1? That's terrible in standard play and worse here.

Honestly? I just got town-shook. Everyone seems to be in agreement we will lunch a non-claim today and I realized that of the 10 folks there could only be 1 non-town. So my brain short circuited before bed.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

WindwardAway posted:

There could be 3 scum in the claimed roles, though, couldn't there? Or are you assuming it's 2 scum + 1 ACF?

Yes, at the time I was very much assuming scum weren't double claiming a role. Now after the Quackles gambit and it going down to only 2 Engineer and 2 Doctors I know scum aren't double claiming.

Not sure yet if it's a scum in each pile and an AC making waves in the town pool, or 1 scum and 1 AC in the claims.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

I'm going to deal with the Engineer claims in a little bit, wanna get a walk in before it gets too dark tonight.

Doctor claims were easier, so here they are.

Saladscooper
Brought up a few times that there could be VT in the engineer claims, after Guillo retracted, but before Quackles did. Seems like an odd thing to keep mentioning, most people had dismissed that theory, but salad brought it up at least twice. Note that I'm not giving them any credit just because it appears that Quackles was a VT claiming engineer.

salad also seems very certain that Plastic is the scum engineer. Made that claim early and hasn't wavered on it at all, pushing Plastic aggressively.

saladscooper posted:

Do you have any actual reads.

I also don't like this post:

saladscooper posted:

yeah spork has had like three posts total so I definitely want to hear more

I’d be cool with a b- vote
which is in response to Wind talking about me. binus didn't come up in that conversation at all, but salad felt like mentioning him.
This is salad's next post about binus,

saladscooper posted:

This case on binus is wifom-y as gently caress and i don't like it

In fact I'm reading binus as frustrated town especially in this post:

which seems more like town throwing their hands up in the air than desperate scum imo
retracting from their earlier position.
I want to note that this was after people started to point out that Yami and salad were agreeing a lot and Yami was still heavily pushing a binus case. Could be distancing.

hambeet
Ham has many less posts and much less content to dig through. Other than claiming doctor in fact, most of it is null reads. Only odd thing here is that ham is claiming ignorance of how Gnosia works, both in general terms, and also with regards to muddling through multiple claims. (And this is where I realized that ham wasn't in a previous Gnosia game, even though I was certain he had been!) I think I need to see more from ham for a good read at this point.

Between the two I'm much more inclined to trust hambeet, but that's just because I'm seeing things which are pinging me about salad. I'd like ham to post more of his thoughts in the thread, and maybe read up on the Gnosia mechanics. I'm going to be watching salad more, but viewing with suspicion.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

saladscooper posted:

So you're calling me scummy for such suspicious acts as "asking someone for their reads" and "talking about more than one thing in the same post?" Not sure that holds water, friend-o

I'm calling you scummy because you are acting certain about which of the two engineers is scum when you shouldn't be certain at this point.
You didn't 'ask Plastic for reads', you attacked him. Disparaging the reads he was giving.

And yes, responding to a conversation about one topic and then swerving onto an unrelated topic with a throwaway sentence? That is scummy.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

saladscooper posted:

Cause this is Gnosia where counterclaiming is part and parcel of the experience, and the whole point is to use the claimed investigation results to make cases. Ask Yami why he isn't voting Plastic, he'll say something along the same lines.

(That being said I wouldn't be opposed to voting beet, considering he must be scum or ACF since I'm town)

And there's this. You won't vote beet because letting the claiming players breath and give us investigation results is the whole point of Gnosia, but also you will vote beet if enough other people get on board.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

hambeet posted:

oh last night my last big post i read was quackles mega post and unclaim.

that retraction of claim has given them some townie points from a couple of posters i noticed, but i'm kinda suspicious about the whole thing?

like as gnosia wouldn't that be good safe play in a 3 way?

Yes. That in no way cleared Quackles in my mind. If anything it made me thing the ACF was more likely. Or yeah, scum backing off knowing that the ACF is on the claim and hoping to drift out of the limelight in later days.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Guillo posted:

This mechanical talk is making my head spin.

Im gonna try to solve it like it was a mountainous game and read players based on behavior, it's within my comfort zone.

I think this is the way to go, especially on D1 where we don't have any info. The next couple days as engineers and doctors start making reports we can all look at mechanics more and try to logic things out.

I'm going to focus on the folks in the unclaimed pile though, as I don't think we can get momentum on the claimed players right now.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Engineer Thoughts

Guillo I feel is VT who got confused by the Gnosia mech and misplayed. I'm willing to look closer in later days, but for now I'm pretty convinced.

Of the two remaining Engineer claims, I feel better about Plastic than Yami. Yami has an aggressive maf-style but something seems off this game. It might also be that I'm pretty much certain salad is scum and the two have had a lot of similar/same reads. Regardless I'm not voting either, but will be putting more weight towards Plastic's results than Yami's.

Quackles. Quack-quack-quackles.

I really don't understand your play with claiming engineer. I've read your big unclaiming post 3 times at least now, and I'm pretty sure you are saying that you think because you claimed engineer as a VT you pushed the ACF into not claiming anything. Which you think is worth all the chaos and mistrust you engendered with the stunt. Even if I believe every word you said, and right now I don't, I don't think I would agree with your conclusions. I do agree with bif that the one thing I think was 100% true from that post was that you decided to claim engineer before the game even began.

It also leaves me free to vote you since you are no longer claiming, and since I think you are most likely the ACF, with a side possibility of backpeddling scum letting an ACF engineer draw the fire, that's my best plan.

##vote Quackles

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

And for the record, I still don’t understand why the claimed engineers/doctors aren’t voting each other

I've never rolled a claim in these games, but I'm pretty sure I know why. They want their votes to be meaningful.

Many players in the game are arguing against voting claimed players on D1. So if Plastic votes for Yami and vice versa (and salad/ham do the same), then their votes are meaningless while the rest of the players debate amongst themselves for who to vote.

Later in the game when more people are willing to vote out the engineer/doctor I think we will see more voting the way you are asking. But right now they'd just be allowing everyone else to run the game.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

I'm not going to full lumpenlist for the unclaimed players, but my I also want to get my thoughts out.

Nep and Wind I'm leaning town on here, though Nep has fooled me in the past. But they both feel like they are trying to figure the game out, while also remaining aware of the limitations the Gnosia mech adds.

Never I'm almost certain is town, but it's all meta arguments from previous games I have trouble putting into words. I'm worried he is falling under Yami's influence though.

Guillo I already mentioned and I think is a VT who didn't realize what they were getting into with the Gnosia of it all.

binus I always find inscrutable and wologar has become so with the emoji's that I'm not even attempting to parse anymore.

Everyone else feels kinda there. Could be lurking scum in that group, could be uninvested town, not enough to go on yet.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Yeah salad's latest posts have been ringing all kinds of alarm bells, so I get it. Still don't want to vote them on D1 and doom hambeet as well. Would rather leave both doctors alive today and get at least some flips.

I understand that if I think Quackles is ACF, which I'm pretty convinced of, it would be better to look for scum, but I'm drawing a blank on who that would be. Right now the unclaimed pool is a big pile of nullreads and townleans to me.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

B- is right there friend

SporkChan posted:

big pile of nullreads and townleans to me.

SporkChan posted:

townleans to me.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

I think if Quackles is scum then there are no gnosia in the engineer claims. One of Yami/Plastic would be the ACF and Quackles would have backed out to let that fight happen without scum in it.

So if Quackles is scum then the scum team would be Quackles and salad. With another from the unclaimed pool that I'm not sure of.
bif, Hal, asf, and wolo are my top non-Quackles suspects in that pool. However most of that is that I'm thinking there has to be scum within the group and those are the folks I have the least strong feelings about. None of them have come across and especially scummy to me.

However I think it's more likely that Quackles is the ACF. Which would make the team be one of Yami/Plastic and salad, with again a third person who I don't have a feeling on yet.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yeah I think this might be what's bothering me. I just remembered them double claiming within the same minute. That didn't seem staged.

I don't think a scum team with Plastic and Quackles is so disorganized they don't decide who is claiming Engineer before it happens. I just don't see them both being scum.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

SporkChan posted:

I don't think a scum team with Plastic and Quackles is so disorganized they don't decide who is claiming Engineer before it happens. I just don't see them both being scum.

Actually I don't think I see that of a scum team with you and Quackles either. So I'm pretty sure we didn't get a double engineer claim from scum this loop.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Then vote somebody who you think is gnosia.

ACF literally exist to waste your time. They will flip human. Killing a suspected ACF does not stop the possibility of someone else being accused/actually being ACF because you will never know for sure.

To really begin solving we need to hit Gnosia.

Would you rather lunch an ACF or a town? Because right now while I know there is a non-town in the unclaimed group I have legit no idea who it is. Your case on binus I find weak, and your case on bif I find even worse. Heck, you yourself are suspect for me, so you pushing these folks makes me feel a little better about them.

I'll admit, if Quackles is ACF lunching him would be less ideal than finding gnosia. But I'm not voting a claim out today, and Quackles is the only good candidate I see.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Gah. Yami, binus, and salad all voting Bif is such an messed up grouping in the game.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

SporkChan posted:

Gah. Yami, binus, and salad all voting Bif is such an messed up grouping in the game.

This game.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Salad's vote gives me serious poisoning the well vibes

anyway afk for real

I know you just went afk, but I have to ask this anyway.

You've been on binus' case all day and him joining you on the bif vote wasn't a problem? The salad vote is the problem?

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Less than an hour and we're only halfway to hammer. This isn't great.

I'm not swapping to bif today, especially not with that spread on her.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

So anyone feel like swapping votes?

Hal, Never, feel like voting?

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

What if it’s this

Yami - town engineer
Quackles - town
Plastic - ac follower
Salad - Dr
Beet - gnosia

It’s possible that gnosia had planned on counterclaiming engineer but were beaten out by the ac follower and 2 townies (lol)

For the record idk who the other two gnosia could be.

I’m just not sold on quackles being gnosia and I’m flip flopping on yami/plastic. One of them is obviously lying but idk who

Is this what you think it is? Or are you just throwing darts and the dartboard? Cause I don't see beet being Gnosia.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

saladscooper posted:

aaaand that's hammer

Nope. -1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

Oh man there is guaranteed to be gnosia in that swerve to me. That was scummy af lmao

Agreed