Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
goddammit i can't not do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I haven't played Gnosia so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but does the AC Follower know who the Gnosia are?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Gnosis more like

More like

More like

yeah I got nothing. ##Step Forward what’s up everyone I’m the doctor

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
This is off to a great start.

I’m also inclined to say Plastic’s claim looks the scummiest out of them! But that’s just a gut read of course, we don’t have any behavior to actually go on

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Yami Fenrir posted:

I just double checked the OP and there's 3 Gnosia and 1 ACF.

So either the entire scumteam or 2 of them and the ACF are fakeclaiming engineer.

:psyduck:

Dissuading the scum team from killing in the claimed players would be a strong town reason for this play… I’m thinking there’s at least one non-engineer town in the claims

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Guillo posted:

I just opened it and i didnt see you two there.

scumslip?????????

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Guillo posted:

Well then we got a problem because b]##step forward[/b] I'm the Engineer.

WindwardAway posted:

I don't think he claimed engineer unless I missed something

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Wondering if wologar is breadcrumbing his flavor power with this emoji business, anyone who’s played Gnosia have thoughts?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

wologar posted:

✔ 🙂

So that’s Otome, right? The whale? I remember reading a bit of the LP that was on here a while back but I can’t remember clearly lol

Either way it’s safe to claim that cause it’s just a passive immune to hated/thunderdome power

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Yami Fenrir posted:

Well, first off, I disagree on the VT read because the initial bit felt like he was walking up to counter claiming me from the word go.

I think they came in here with a plan, so I think they're more likely to be gnosia than ACF.

Like I said, Quackles literally read my claim, said nothing and then just counter claimed me while remaining rather chill about it. I think out of this mess of claims they're the most likely ACF if there is one.

Wait do you mean quackles or plastic

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Yami Fenrir posted:

Guillo, as I'm answering to Wind

No I mean I thought you said plastic’s claim was scummy earlier and now you’re saying the same thing about quackles I’m just confused lol

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I just thought it was a typo Yami

Anyway. I’m thinking it’d be a good idea to vote outside the Engineer claims today: AC Follower doesn’t count toward town’s wincon, plus I think it’s just as likely there’s VT on the claim as there are two scum. Not great odds imo

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

WindwardAway posted:

Well, you voted me. I normally assume that voting is an indicator of whom you want to vote out.

Pretty sure it was a joke vote

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Lunch break is ending, back in a few hours.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Quackles posted:

Wait, Plastic is in a masonry two loops in a row?

Just be careful, masonry members. Your mason partner might be a Gnosia again :devil:

There aren’t masons in this setup ftr

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Quackles posted:

Please reread the OP, specifically the character roles of Cassidy and Setsu.

Oh lord that’s right, there aren’t Guard Duty is what I mean

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Guillo posted:

##vote saladscooper

Have you seen my Mafia Universe qualifiers game?

I caught scum day 1 over a comment like this.

How do you figure it’s a joke vote

b-minus1 posted:

Lets just vote the engineers. How about we start in reverse alphabetical order :getin:

Maybe binus's vote on Wind wasn't a joke exactly, but in the context of this post (which has sus on yami) it sure comes off as throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Also votes that early around here are usually jokes as far as I can tell.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Quackles posted:

For reference, I was Cassidy the first loop and Setsu the second loop. Both times I was in a masonry and both times I was evil. Coincidence? :v: :tinfoil: :rolleyes:

the real question is, are you in a masonry now

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
A few of us still haven't checked in. There's plenty of time.

My gut says we should vote outside the claims but if we were to vote inside I'd vote Plastic, then Guillo, then Quackles

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Guillo posted:

Why in that order? Why not me first? Or Quackles.

I like Plastic's claim the least - he seems awfully quick to conclude that Yami is scum when he could be VT making a bold play or AC Follower. I'm iffy on your claim and subsequent backing off but I can at least picture you having a town mindset for it. Then Quackles is the least scummy of the CCs. I guess I'd go for Yami if I had to - I don't really want to but that comment about bif being "disengaged" when she'd barely checked in with the thread was odd.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
ok i laughed, wolo you're in my good books for now

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
In the CYOR Bif and binus had an early case on someone and they both turned out to be scum…

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Not that that’s a decent case by any stretch of the imagination but it is funny

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote nep-nep

Glad to see ya Nep, but I'm counting on you to bring the funny posts, not to have to explain the jokes

Honestly I don't see why this post makes nep scummy? This vote seems jokey enough but binus's is weird. The scummiest way I could read it is generally having an overly cautious mindset but I can't get behind that, especially this early D1. (It's mostly gut at this point too tbf.)

Quackles posted:

I think you're implying that if I was the real Engineer, it wouldn't matter if I couldn't read him, because I could just scan him.

Speaking candidly, though, I don't want to waste my engineer scan on Binus, as opposed to the option to use it on people I can be more or less suspicious of and make educated guesses about where to point it at. I'm OK with trying to vote him out just to lower the signal-to-noise ratio.

This on the other hand is actually hmmmmmmmmmm. "let's vote someone out so my job becomes easier" is not a town mindset.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Think for that I'd vote both Plastic and Quackles over Guillo, but I'd still go for Guillo over a Yami vote

hambeet posted:

hmmm i do remember this from the 5 minutes of the last game i was in

##Step Forward i'm the doctor you poser.

where'd you get your M.D. punk

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

WindwardAway posted:

And how about Quackles retracting their claim 😏 technically that means we have 2 engi 2 doc now, with 2 non-town in the vanillas.

I don't like it, but the fact that he did it after Guillo retracted his own claim makes me think he's telling the truth. I don't think scum would be cavalier enough to risk making this big a splash with a second claim retraction, especially in a large, put-together post like this - with bold tags and everything. We shouldn't rule out the possibility that he's ACF drawing attention to himself, but I think I don't want to vote Quackles today either way.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I'm really glad that Quackles is just sitting here telling us all that he's fake.

Do you have any actual reads.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

hambeet posted:

But seriously I read it and idk I guess I have to see it in motion, but I can’t yet quite see how having a jumble of info coming from multiple fake engineers muddying the water is helpful at all?

What's nice about having the multiple engineers is, the sheer volume of investigation results means that sooner or later we're going to catch one of them in a lie. And, once we do, a whole bunch of players get confirmed at once.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
##vote wologar

...just until he drops the gimmick and gives us some more gameplay

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

WindwardAway posted:

What if he doesn't drop the gimmick 😬

Well if he insists on keeping it it’s intentionally obfuscating potential info and reads which is anti-town imo

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

NeverHelm posted:

. I personally think you as ACF is more likely than outright Gnosia

Another point in favor of Quackles being ACF is that ACF would want to signal to Gnosia early, and making bold plays that are possibly anti-town is a good way of doing so

I like the rest of this post, seems like NH’s town game from what I’ve played with him

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

WindwardAway posted:

On the one hand I think Spork has been mildly scummy, but on the other hand I really don't think they've been scummier than in Isekai 2 and they were town there. And it's not as if I don't think Spork had some towny points. I'm just null on them but I agree I want more thoughts from them.

yeah spork has had like three posts total so I definitely want to hear more

I’d be cool with a b- vote

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Nep-Nep posted:

The issue is with the AC follower in play, they scan human. So if we lunched an engineer and the doctors came back agreeing a human result, then we still don’t know if the real engineer is alive or not, and will have fewer data points to compare from later

I’m getting town vibes from Nep especially with posts like these. This is the productive kind of setup analysis and helps town.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
There is a difference between lurking and claiming Engineer without giving reads. I also only spent one post prodding you, Plastic, as far as I can recall.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
About to get off work so I’ll post thoughts on Yami and me in a bit

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Quackles posted:

Quick question for saladscooper: This is your first Gnosia game, and your second Mafia game (as far as votefinder knows). What made you decide to claim right away as opposed to maybe holding back?

I read in the OP that claiming was advantageous, so when I rolled Doctor I figured I'd claim. I was gonna wait for my second or third post but Yami emboldened me a bit, haha.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Thesis: Yami came into the thread and told us exactly what the game plan was. He'd show people exactly how to play Gnosia, so he comes out of the door with an aggressive claim on engineer, followed immediately by an aggressive claim by Salad on doctor. They're scum together. Notice how their thoughts are in sync, the most recent example being Salad building up to move onto the binus bandwagon. Plus, Salad spends several posts pressing me for reads, and yet seems to have no interest in prodding anyone else about that, even outright ignoring the lurkers. They both also seem to share the same light town reads and are dodging around giving scum calls.

Like this post. This post feels fake. The quoted post is just Nep mentioning game mechanics. This reads like Salad picked a random post out of a hat to support a town read on Nep.

Also this feels like town Binus. He's probably better about instantly sussing out if I'm town or scum than anyone here, his posts have felt internally consistent with just that added bit of zero context that marks a classic Binus game. Also he doesn't bus and he's going aggressively after Yami early, so.

Mafia edit: And then he posted explaining his thoughts (holy poo poo) and yeah, that all lines up with my own reads on him. We're not going to find scum here.

1) That post isn't -just- Nep mentioning game mechanics. It's Nep using game mechanics to make an argument (why we shouldn't lunch in the engineer claims today). That is what is pro-town about it.
2) You think I as scum would claim immediately after my scumbro? In my second game of mafia on this site? You flatter me with your assessment of my mafia prowess, but no - no, I would not. We're probably just in sync because we've both taken the time to think about the setup and mechanics unique to Gnosia.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Bifauxnen posted:

People always say binus is low hanging fruit, but he's actually surprisingly hard to lunch early, since pointing out "binus is low hanging fruit" is even lower hanging fruit

##vote binus

This case on binus is wifom-y as gently caress and i don't like it

In fact I'm reading binus as frustrated town especially in this post:

b-minus1 posted:

So this is what I get for calling yami scum. Lol

which seems more like town throwing their hands up in the air than desperate scum imo

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Nep-Nep posted:

binus you were alive in the previous loop until like the end of the game, what's confusing about the gnosia mechanics

i mean, it's been a good few months since the second loop, it might just be taking him a bit to find his footing again. lord knows as a newbie i'm sympathetic to that lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

SporkChan posted:

I'm going to deal with the Engineer claims in a little bit, wanna get a walk in before it gets too dark tonight.

Doctor claims were easier, so here they are.

Saladscooper
Brought up a few times that there could be VT in the engineer claims, after Guillo retracted, but before Quackles did. Seems like an odd thing to keep mentioning, most people had dismissed that theory, but salad brought it up at least twice. Note that I'm not giving them any credit just because it appears that Quackles was a VT claiming engineer.

salad also seems very certain that Plastic is the scum engineer. Made that claim early and hasn't wavered on it at all, pushing Plastic aggressively.

I also don't like this post:

which is in response to Wind talking about me. binus didn't come up in that conversation at all, but salad felt like mentioning him.
This is salad's next post about binus,

retracting from their earlier position.
I want to note that this was after people started to point out that Yami and salad were agreeing a lot and Yami was still heavily pushing a binus case. Could be distancing.

So you're calling me scummy for such suspicious acts as "asking someone for their reads" and "talking about more than one thing in the same post?" Not sure that holds water, friend-o