Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled
Im in as Guillo, not Guillotina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Hai!

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled
The world wide best day 1 scum hunter is here. If you have not heard the stories, this will be one of them that will stick in your memories like glue.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Yami Fenrir posted:

But seriously, if salad's a fake doctor and the real one hasn't spoken up yet, you need to counterclaim that. A claim going through with 0 counterclaims is treated as conf town.

Why are people claiming on day 1?

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Yami Fenrir posted:

Well, that's earlier than I expected.

I'mma just ##Step Forward as the Engineer to get that over with.

Except me Gnosia Dading a lot this game because y'all been playing it wrong the last two times.

Huh?

How do i vote this guy here

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Yami Fenrir posted:

It's how Gnosia is played. There's (at least in this setup) always an Engineer (aka Cop in our lingo) and a Doctor (they are the only ones that get flips).

If they claim and go unopposed, that means they treated as confirmed town. This is bad for Gnosia (because there is a Guardian Angel (doctor in mafia lingo) that can protect them from the NK.

But this also applied to Gnosia (scum), who can officially fakeclaim these roles.

The usual meta is to claim day 1 because that's the only day where there's no chance the real doctor/engineer can't have been NKed already (which would end up with ONLY fake engineers or doctors), which could be a complete disaster.

Gnosia isn't quite like normal maf in that regard - While yes, Gnosia WILL be essentially in the open, voting them is actually counterproductive early on. You NEED the information the Engineer and Doctor claims provide. And even if you get the Gnosia out, the real engineer/doctor is almost guaranteed to die right after.

Gnosia is essentially a game of sorting out which claims are more trustworthy than others. Town didn't realize this the last 2 games I've modded (iirc) so I'm putting it clearly out in the open.

Ok and how do i know you ate not fake claiming Engineer to bail the real engineer to claim?

Same for the player claiming doctor.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Guillo posted:

Ok and how do i know you ate not fake claiming Engineer to bail the real engineer to claim?

Same for the player claiming doctor.

Actually i doubt two scum try to bait real claims out, that is suicidal because they will be screwed when the real engineer or doctor flip.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also, I do recommend reading the OP.

It's got most of this info.

I must admit i have not read it. You invited me and i just wanted a mafia game so i joined

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Quackles posted:

Well, if the fake Engineer or Doctor claims, the onus is on the real one to claim before the day is over, lest the fake be mod confirmed.

For instance: ##step forward I'm the Engineer.
(Yes, really.)

If only one player claims Engineer or Doctor, they're probably real... probably. Attempting to claim later would be met with "well why didn't you claim earlier", as claiming gives you a bit of protection early on (if the Gnosia kill you you're confirmed not fake, and players won't vote you lest they hit the real Engineer and the Gnosia are last left standing.)

Source: I have been the Engineer in the past two games. :v:

Well then we got a problem because b]##step forward[/b] I'm the Engineer.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Guillo posted:

Well then we got a problem because ##step forward I'm the Engineer.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled
Ok so.. the guardian angel is like the doctor in mafia.

Please dont claim too

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled
I think i shouldnt be playing this game like i play mafia and Yami! This is not a mafia game! What did you get me into? Lol

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Why don't you open your discord and go look, see if it's there?

I just opened it and i didnt see you two there.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

saladscooper posted:

scumslip?????????

Yah, i just slipped! Im Gnosia.

Now what?

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Quackles posted:

I mean, if you hadn't claimed Engineer, we'd vote you.

##vote Quackles

So you’d believe i’d foolishly slip that im scum here but you dont believe i could be scum fake claiming too.

Why?

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Yami Fenrir posted:

Tbh I have absolutely no idea what to make of having 3 fake engineers.

Normally I'd suggest leaving them alive but with 3 fakeclaims the chance of hitting scum increases massively...

Explain to me like a five year old why there must be scum in the three of us?
Why can’t we all three townies covering for the real cop?

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Quackles posted:

Well, OK. I thought he was the fourth claim, but he did leave the bolding off the 'step forward' command. That's a common way to mime claiming/voting without actually doing it.

Guillo: are you claiming Engineer or not?

Yah im claiming engineer

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Yami Fenrir posted:

because, again, in the real game town isn't allowed to fakeclaim power roles and I worked with that expectation.

Oh.. like Gnosia is an actual real social feduction gsme? Like we are playing a forum social deduction game based on social deduction video game?

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

WindwardAway posted:

Oh
See, I didn't know this 😅
I'd like to know if Guillo was aware of this, but my guess is that his answer is gonna be no, either way lol.

No. Like i thought i was playing mafia lol

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Guillo posted:

No. Like i thought i was playing mafia lol

You know what? I retract my claim before i cause more chaos.

I thought it was a good idea but i see that the dynamics in this game ate different than in mafia.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Yami Fenrir posted:

Well sorry for unintentionally deceiving you then lol.

I think I said it's a mafia like tho

Maybe you fid and it went over my head, ive been super busy and stressed about new work obligations

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

NeverHelm posted:

So you're saying you lied then?

Yes, if im retracting the claim it means i was lying yes.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

WindwardAway posted:

Ngl I feel like this post might be TMI that two of the cc's aren't town
also yes I know I'm a hypocrite because I said literally the same thing

I need to bail out for a bit. You keep posting, i love catch ups.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

saladscooper posted:

Pretty sure it was a joke vote

##vote saladscooper

Have you seen my Mafia Universe qualifiers game?

I caught scum day 1 over a comment like this.

How do you figure it’s a joke vote

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Quackles posted:

Wait, wait, hold on, hold on, I cannot keep up here.

Extremely important question to Guillo: what made you decide to fakeclaim? Now that you have admitted you are lying, I can't believe you would unclaim if you are Gnosia, because keeping the claim allows you to submit fake Engineer's reports.

So why did you claim to begin with?

I saw Yami claiming engineer to what i perceived as maybe scum trying to bait the real engineer out, so i claimed to screw him over.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled
But i thought this game had flips, so it is better to be transparent to not mislead the guardian angel

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Guillo posted:

But i thought this game had flips, so it is better to be transparent to not mislead the guardian angel

If one of the other claims is real that is

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

NeverHelm posted:

How does that screw Yami over?

It screws scum!Yami because he does not get the real counterclaim thus cannot kill him at night.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled
Again, i was playing this like a mafia game, i realize now that i need a better strategy to catch scum.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled
I hope this is not one of those forums where they believe town shouldnt lie because i will be eliminated in every game.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

PlasticAutomaton posted:

:allears:

We do tend to be that way, unless it's a really, really good gambit. Or a funny one.

I in the other hand believe that if scum lies to deceive us, so can i to deceive them.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

WindwardAway posted:

Well, at least in this setup it sounds like people expect town not to lie
And believe me, I thought about FPSing too lol
But decided it was suboptimal and that I'd watch to see what happened with the claims first

Well as soon as i realized it was a bad idea for this specific set up, i retracted. Not much i can doother than keep providing content and hope i kill scum with my reads.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

wologar posted:

🗳😃

I expect you to break off this gimmick by day 2.
Ive seen scum hiding behind self imposed emoji post restrictions before.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled
I need to leave for real this time. Talk laters

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

saladscooper posted:

A few of us still haven't checked in. There's plenty of time.

My gut says we should vote outside the claims but if we were to vote inside I'd vote Plastic, then Guillo, then Quackles

Why in that order? Why not me first? Or Quackles.

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Quackles posted:

Well, you're not claiming Engineer any more, are you? :v:

Exactly. Why kill me at all unless he does still scum read me even though i retracted, therefore why them first and not me?

Logic does not match

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote nep-nep

Glad to see ya Nep, but I'm counting on you to bring the funny posts, not to have to explain the jokes

Why does that deserve a vote? I dont get it

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled
If we are gonna lynch within the doctor claims I’m parking on Salad.
Lynching within the engineer claims is what i’m not sure yet.

Alternatively we can lynch outside claims.

Scum has to try killing within the most narrowed down claims which are the doctors, if they kill there we chop the other next day?

Although, if i was scum here i’d doc dodge and kill elsewhere because there is a 50/50 chance the guardian angel blocks their kill… no no no, cause that means they’d take the chance of town getting info from the dead. They’d have to risk it no?

If they don’t then def kill within the engineer claims, it narrows down the PoE and if there is scum in the remaining alive, then they become pretty much a difference check. We’d hopefully be able to analyse even better if scum kills the wrong engineer claim.

I think it’s better to lynch outside claims and force scum to narrow the PoE for us and today execute the scummiest non-claimer.

I will work on some pre-flip associations based on interactions so far to give you guys a clearer view of where my head is at. Well “pre-flip” associations is just a term in this game as this is a flipless game but you get what im saying.

##unvote

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled
Non-game related! I love my avatar. I hope it does not change as i increase my post count lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillo
Sep 16, 2022

i've been gulled

WindwardAway posted:

EBWOP:
Yami/Quackles/Salad
lmao I'm multitasking, whoops

Walk me through the Quakes/Salad association