Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Back for year 5!

Manager/Team Name List:

Champa Bay - WampaLord
If You Seek a Falcon - Silly Burrito
Brady's Bunch - wandler20
Derrick Rolled - Paul Proteus
The New Guy - The Big Jesus
Brady's Mouth Kisses - BlindSite
Baker's Crap Dozen - The Flying Llama
Lenny Wagon - Joey Freshwater
Jameis Me Yet? - Play
DrewBreesMoonCheese - PostNouveau

Retired players:
Tom Benson's Ghost - Paul Proteus
AB's Old Helmet - YOLOSubmarine
Jameis' loving W - Chilichimp
Sabby Piscitelli - kidcoelacanth
Doyle Rules - MarquisDeCarabas
gently caress JAMEIS WINSTON - GD_American
Cammy Cam Juice - waah

:siren:HALL OF CHAMPIONS:siren:

2018 FFL Season - Silly Burrito
2019 FFL Season - Play
2020 FFL Season - wandler20
2021 FFL Season - BlindSite
2022 FFL Season - WampaLord

And in new graphical format:

2020/2021 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937161
2019 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895673
2018 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869636

Payouts:
1st place - 55 bucks
2nd place - 25 bucks
3rd place - 10 bucks
Last Place - The Loser Avatar

Also, if you change your team name please post it in here so I can keep things straight.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

And as a treat for the new thread, I wrote up a recap of Week 1!

:siren: TFF NFC South Dynasty Fantasy Season 5 Week 1 Recap: :siren:

First, let me discuss the games that were firmly resolved by Sunday night:

Champa Bay vs Derrick Rolled

Champa Bay got a great boost from Thursday Night when Josh Allen balled out for 31.48 points against the Rams and rode that momentum all the way through Sunday, with Mike Evans being the standout Sunday player, booking a solid 18.10. Derrick Rolled had a strong showing from Kyler Murray, 20.62, but many of his other player underperformed expectations. Sadly, Courtland Sutton was not able to put up the necessary 50 point performance to make a miracle comeback for Derrick Rolled. Champa Bay nocks up a W.

Lenny Wagon vs Brady's mouth kisses

This game was basically decided on Thursday night, as Cooper Kupp completely balled out for an amazing 31.8 points for Brady's mouth kisses, as well as an impressive 17 points from Buffalo's defense. Meanwhile, Lenny Wagon's TNF players totally failed to perform, racking up a combined 3.7 points. Sunday just confirmed the inevitable as Jalen Hurts and Ja'Marr Chase piled fuel on the fire. Brady's mouth kisses walks away with a statement W.

Jameis Me Yet? vs The New Guy

The New Guy got out to a great start with the Buffalo game as Stefon Diggs racked up 26.2 points as his team trounced the Rams. Despite heroic efforts from Jonathan Taylor and A.J. Brown, Jameis Me Yet? was unable to keep up as The New Guy was boosted with a heroic performance from Saquon Barkley, who got 33.4 points! The combined efforts of Russel Wilson and Brandon McManus were not able to mount the comeback and The New Guy claims the W.

And two games were reliant on Monday Night Football to determine the final outcome:

Baker's Crap Dozen vs If You Seek A Falcon

An extremely impressive showing from both squads, as each team scored a huge 140+ points, but of course, there can be only one victor. Mahomes and Justin Jefferson basically cancelled each other out, so If You Seek A Falcon needed a big performance to get the W, which he got from D'Andre Swift, who racked up 26.5 points. Baker's Crap Dozen had a slim shot at a comeback if Denver's defense was willing to get 12 points, but the power of the Geno Smith Seahawks was too much. If You Seek A Falcon starts their season 1-0.

Brady's Bunch vs DrewBreesMoonCheese

DrewBreesMoonCheese started out with an impressive lead on Sunday, buoyed by excellent performances from Davante Adams and Travis Kelce, but Tom Brady underperformed on the day compared to Brady Bunch's Justin Herbert. Going into MNF, this game could have gone either way. Brady's Bunch needed Jerry Jeudy and Javtone Williams to combine for approximately 25 points and they handled that task just fine, catapulting Brady's Bunch to their first win of the season.

Good luck in Week 2!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Excellent recap! Happy to start the season off with a win, much like my Bucs.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Awesome recaps, Wampa! Keep it up!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Gonna give you all them hot mouth kisses 💋

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Love to start the season off with a W. Hopefully this Trey Lance fellow plays better outside of monsoons…

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Ok KC, time to take Williams out of the game. Double him or something

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

JuJu only has 2 catches for 6 yards :argh:

ETA: 3 catches now :toot:

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 16, 2022

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Herbie died and still decided to throw a tuddy to cost me 70 bucks for real. Shout out to a true badass.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Love the recaps! most enjoyable hope that keeps up

Off to a good start this week. Mike Williams, while a complete washed up bum who should probably quit football last week, this week is an absolute hero that we all can (and should) look up to as an example for the children

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Play posted:

Love the recaps! most enjoyable hope that keeps up

Off to a good start this week. Mike Williams, while a complete washed up bum who should probably quit football last week, this week is an absolute hero that we all can (and should) look up to as an example for the children

I took him to get a TD and over his yards. He’s going to go off as long as Allen is out for sure. Unfortunately the last leg of the parlay got killed when zombie Herbert threw that touchdown.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Drake London had a really nice day today and is looking promising as really the number one wr on the falcons. might be willing to trade him for a qb to replace russel's broken rear end

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Diggs just fisting me this evening.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

BlindSite posted:

Diggs just fisting me this evening.

Who needs a qb when your top two receivers put up 85?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wish my runningbacks didn't die / lay a turd.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Recaps will come later this week, currently driving all the way through the wide part of Texas, holy gently caress this state is too big

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
I thought I built a much better team but when my first two picks have done nothing between Kamara and Henry I guess I picked wrong. Avatar here I come.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

WampaLord posted:

Recaps will come later this week, currently driving all the way through the wide part of Texas, holy gently caress this state is too big

Hey you could be having to drive from the top of CA to the bottom! But at least then you'd have some nice things to look at.

As for my week, my dudes crushed and I've come away a lot less nervous. Russ laid another absolute turd but it didn't come closer to mattering, Amon-Ra out up nearly 40 and Aaron Jones broke 30 on incredible efficiency which probably will not happen again.

Jonathan Taylor had a really surprising bad week and I'm a little worried that he won't be the workhorse he was for me last year.

AJ Brown also didn't have the best week but was tempered by Goedert overperforming.

I flushed Russ down the toilet so if anyone desires my leavings please help yourself. Also still willing to make a good offer on a qb if anyone has an attractive proposition, I've got some decent bench players I'd be willing to part with

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I feel like fantasy in general is a lot more boom and bust at the moment than it has been in years past. I think a lot of it is the truncated pre-season where starters get rested so much. Any team with a new or patch worked offensive line has some RBs struggling, lots of close games mean a lot more passing and a lot less starters closing games out - and even the blow outs we're seeing WRs go huge and the RBs get that committee approach. I think things will even out a little by week four or five as that chemistry develops, but early days it's the established teams with cemented combinations that have shot out. Well and Reek but he's a monster.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

I feel like fantasy in general is a lot more boom and bust at the moment than it has been in years past. I think a lot of it is the truncated pre-season where starters get rested so much. Any team with a new or patch worked offensive line has some RBs struggling, lots of close games mean a lot more passing and a lot less starters closing games out - and even the blow outs we're seeing WRs go huge and the RBs get that committee approach. I think things will even out a little by week four or five as that chemistry develops, but early days it's the established teams with cemented combinations that have shot out. Well and Reek but he's a monster.

My team is all bust and bust at the moment

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
All my teams are undefeated and they definitely shouldn’t be lol. Got pitts in a couple and a lot of Juju/MVS/CEH. poo poo I got autodrafted Trey Lance 2 rounds early and defense/kicker 6 rounds too early in this one. I went zero/hero RB in all of them though, so maybe that’s why. WRs been showing up this year, RBs not so much.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Big Jesus posted:

All my teams are undefeated and they definitely shouldn’t be lol. Got pitts in a couple and a lot of Juju/MVS/CEH. poo poo I got autodrafted Trey Lance 2 rounds early and defense/kicker 6 rounds too early in this one. I went zero/hero RB in all of them though, so maybe that’s why. WRs been showing up this year, RBs not so much.

This year, quite honestly in all 3 leagues I'm in I went an RB high in one of them and that was when I had first overall. The others were receiver. I have Cooper Kupp in two leagues. RB is just a desolate waste land outside of three guys and you might as well cast bones week to week to work out who's going to be the hot hand in some places.

Rashad Penny has been my biggest L. I thought he was drastically undervalued with his performance at the tail end of last year, didn't expect Geno to be throwing so drat much and for Homer to get so much of the action. I'm hoping Carrol changes his mind but yeeesh did I do bad there. Hanging my hat on my receivers carrying me early and my RBs coming into it late.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah the RBs have been tough. Can't even count on JT who was obvious RB1 and my keeper. He should get a little better and at least he's the clear number 1. Aaron Jones my second guy is still getting bit by AJ Dillon, he's been amazing but on not enough touches to make me comfortable. Also drafted Dameon Pierce who is definitely the first RB on his team but isn't putting up big numbers.

And the other big names, Henry, Cook, Mixon, Kamara etc. have all seen some issues.

I love running backs so I always draft them early but the teams who went WRs early are probably doing a lot better right now. At least the league looks pretty balanced, the 0-1 teams did well last week so we've got a majority of teams at 1-1

e: alsi goddammit is Justin Herbert gonna play tomorrow or not I gotta know whether to bench Mike Williams

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

This team is killing me. Finally get a decent week out of Henry then I leave 60 points on my bench and lose by 10.

I never would have played Smith but Montgomery over Brown was a debate and killed me.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Woooooooo, got my first win! No more last place, time for second-to-last place

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I don't really need another running back but I am going to be picking up Jamaal Williams anyway. I will need him for week 9 when every single one of my running backs are on a bye.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Looking to trade a RB for a WR if anyone is looking for a RB.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

oof rough go of it last week. I even made some nice substitutions but the Eagles (Goedert and AJ Brown) coming to a literal standstill at the half and creating no more offense really hurt me, as did Amon Ra's injury.

I feel like I'm scoring good points but... the other team is scoring more. which is very rude if you ask me

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Despite Dalton Schultz putting up a big ol goose egg, I still have a coinflip going, all depends on how well Mike Evans, Lenny, and Bucs D do tonight and if they can outperform Allen Robinson and 49ers D.

Oh and if Josh Jacobs wants to run in two more TDs, that would be just swell.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Play posted:

oof rough go of it last week. I even made some nice substitutions but the Eagles (Goedert and AJ Brown) coming to a literal standstill at the half and creating no more offense really hurt me, as did Amon Ra's injury.

I feel like I'm scoring good points but... the other team is scoring more. which is very rude if you ask me

i can't believe i called last week a rough go of it, this week was absolute torture

lawrence losing multiple fumbles, Jonathan Taylor doing absolutely jack poo poo, and Drake London making all of two catches doomed me. I was trying to decide on Dameon Pierce or Aaron Jones (I chose Pierce who actually did perform), what I SHOULD'VE been trying to decide is Pierce or loving Jonathan Taylor. Colts O line has completely fallen apart. Every run I caught today there were two or three D linemen who had already cast aside their blocks waiting for him at the line of scrimmage.

e: I thought Lawrence lost two fumbles, that's what it was at earlier but he lost FOUR plus an INT lmao. guess i can blame hurricane ian for that one

Play fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 2, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
My team suuuuuuuuucks

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

I think our trade benefitted us both.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A second Jacobs TD has hit my team!

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

My team suuuuuuuuucks

I'm in the same boat. I can't keep a RB healthy or make any good choices on who to start for WR.

I almost want to trade all my depth to make the choices easier.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

I think our trade benefitted us both.

I probably should've started Dobbins.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

wandler20 posted:

I probably should've started Dobbins.

Yeah, maybe so.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

That second Evans TD helped me a ton :woop:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:siren: Week 4 recaps :siren:

Champa Bay vs Lenny Wagon

Battle of the Bucs fans! At one point on Sunday, Champa Bay had only a 33.3 (repeating, of course) chance of victory, as Lenny Wagon lept out to a huge early lead, but the power of Mike Evans and Josh Jacobs was too much and Champa Bay rallied to a much needed W to even out to 2-2.

Brady's Bunch vs Derrick Rolled

Despite an incredibly elite performance from TJ Hockenson (Lions bitch!), too many of Brady's Bunch underperformed while Derrick Rolled rolled their way to their first win of the season, featuring standout performances from Deebo Samuel and the titular Derrick Henry.

Baker's Crap Dozen vs Jameis Me Yet?

Baker's Crap Dozen more like Baker's Good Dozen! Justin Jefferson and Tyreek Hill were powerful, combining for 56.9 points, whereas the only standout from Jameis Me Yet was a Houston Texan. Yikes. Baker's Crap Dozen advances to 3-1, Jameis Me Yet? falls to 1-3.

The New Guy vs If You Seek A Falcon

Mahomes Magic along with CMC and some Jamaal Williams (Lions bitch!) led If You Seek A Falcon out to a commanding lead and The New Guy had little hope of catching him with so many players underperforming expectations. The New Guy gets his first loss of the season, while If You Seek A Falcon soars to 3-1.

DrewBreesMoonCheese vs Brady's mouth kisses

The battle of Travis Kelce vs. Cooper Kupp basically worked out to a wash, but the real problem for DrewBreesMoonCheese was Amari Cooper, who only hauled in one measly catch for a whopping 9 yards. Brady's mouth kisses didn't have much explosive performance, but a solidly above average outing was more than enough to take care of business. Brady's mouth kisses rises to 3-1, while DrewBreesMoonCheese wanes to 1-3.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Lions bitch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Was Taylor out before the game? Last year I wasn't working 13 hours a day and I'm having trouble working up the energy and or finding time and or remembering to do the fantasy housekeeping

Or did he get hurt first thing or something.
Either way not the start to the week you want!

But my boys will stick in there, they have HEART which all you guys with great teams full of stars will NEVER understand

Play fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 9, 2022