Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

pmchem posted:

I got some donuts from Dunkin' today. solid but unspectacular, as always. I'm a fan of their sour cream donuts in particular. also tried the turkey sausage english muffin: mediocre.

anyway, thread, figured you all may want to know that baddog and I have posted updated rules for BFC. have a look:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4021411

Is there anything in the rules about a dog backyard wrestler making donuts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

pmchem posted:

I got some donuts from Dunkin' today. solid but unspectacular, as always. I'm a fan of their sour cream donuts in particular. also tried the turkey sausage english muffin: mediocre.

anyway, thread, figured you all may want to know that baddog and I have posted updated rules for BFC. have a look:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4021411

I went through a Dunkin Donuts thing when I was pregnant and yeah their sour cream ones are the best offering imo

The other thing about Dunkin is there will be some franchises that make way better donuts than others, try to find the ones with the busiest drive through business and their product is usually fresher and also possibly better

Baddog
May 12, 2001

hallo spacedog posted:

The other thing about Dunkin is there will be some franchises that make way better donuts than others, try to find the ones with the busiest drive through business and their product is usually fresher and also possibly better

I was so excited when DD got out here to colorado. But even the sour cream tastes like frozen rear end. It's good to hear that (in Boston I suppose), some places are still fresh and not week-old frozen.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Baddog posted:

I was so excited when DD got out here to colorado. But even the sour cream tastes like frozen rear end. It's good to hear that (in Boston I suppose), some places are still fresh and not week-old frozen.

Yeah I think you're gonna need to come out to places where people's blood is literally partly Dunkin coffee to get a decent donut from them, and even within my town there are some locations that just suck rear end and some that are better.

That said your local independent cash only mom and pop is probably better

Edit- per the app there are 24 locations in 5 mile radius from my house

hallo spacedog fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 8, 2023

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
My only real positive thing to say about DD is that my friends in HS worked at one, and when we were chilling at someone's house on a Saturday night, they'd both show up from worth with a (usually a little stale) dozen each b/c they were allowed back then to take them home instead of trashing the extras. They also smelled strongly of old coffee & frying grease basically 24/7, so even that positive had its downsides.

Actually, second positive: DD is better than Krispy Kreme. I said it, you can fight me all you like. KK is trash. :colbert:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Volmarias posted:

Is there anything in the rules about a dog backyard wrestler making donuts?

Streetbeefs crossover when

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Sundae posted:

My only real positive thing to say about DD is that my friends in HS worked at one, and when we were chilling at someone's house on a Saturday night, they'd both show up from worth with a (usually a little stale) dozen each b/c they were allowed back then to take them home instead of trashing the extras. They also smelled strongly of old coffee & frying grease basically 24/7, so even that positive had its downsides.

Actually, second positive: DD is better than Krispy Kreme. I said it, you can fight me all you like. KK is trash. :colbert:

I will fight you on this , KK doughnuts are so juicy better than Dunkin’s. Like. It isn’t close.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Krispy Kreme are good for the first 10 minutes after coming out of the machine. After that they're crap.

George Wright
Nov 20, 2005

The X-man cometh posted:

Krispy Kreme are good for the first 10 minutes after coming out of the machine. After that they're crap.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The X-man cometh posted:

I absolutely agree they’re way better hot, but they heat up fine in the microwave IMO.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Decades ago when I was in college I worked overnights at a convenience store, which involved proofing and baking the "made fresh every day" donuts that came frozen on the truck. About 5:15 every morning the basketball coach would come in and ask me to nuke his chocolate glazed donut.

Well that's my donut story.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Sundae posted:

:hai:

tho I still think it's hilarious that KK had a money printer of a business and somehow their leadership hosed it all up

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

I absolutely agree they’re way better hot, but they heat up fine in the microwave IMO.

This may be the difference. I never had one that was not rock hard, cold and stale, and that was buying them at KK stores. If the poo poo they gave me at the store was inedible garbage every time I tried it, I definitely wasn't going to try taking it home to reheat later. If that's the case, I'm willing to rephrase my statement to "KK stores are trash." :v:

I can't believe I'm arguing KK vs DD when I haven't eaten either in loving ages.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Tempora Mutantur posted:

:hai:

tho I still think it's hilarious that KK had a money printer of a business and somehow their leadership hosed it all up

I thought they just grew too fast and had cash flow issues?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

pseudanonymous posted:

I thought they just grew too fast and had cash flow issues?

Yes. That is how KK's leadership hosed it all up.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Sundae posted:

I worked at a DD in HS. We couldn't take overstock home, but we could eat all we wanted. It was fat kid heaven ... for about a week. It was drat near a decade after that until I could stomach a donut again.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
I had a stress dream that I worked at the bakery again and had to train someone to make donuts in a really chaotic kitchen with like thirty people in it at once. Anyway, what's going on, OP?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I was like “Brioche is the ticket. My main item can be brioche. gently caress lean dough, it’s too time-consuming.”

Now eggs are creeping up on a dollar a piece.

2/7 apartments are empty and one of them is in pretty disastrous condition so I’ve been putting time over there.
Might turn a 2br into two efficiencies.

Lil baby got some tubes in his ears because they were chronically infected. Two days later he’s happier than average before surgery.

Big kid makes magic potions every day. Some keep bears away and some make the weather nice. He’s been getting poo poo about being colorblind so we’re navigating insecurity together.

Wife’s happy if a bit pregnant and tired. She bought a bunch of new kid clothes because our kids caught up to their hand-me-down relatives because she’s so nurturing.

Work is hot lately and everything is urgent and everyone is so goddamned stupid sometimes I wonder if it’s actually an adult daycare or a jobs program or something. I’m doing everything I can to slack off but the place is a sulfurous panopticon so I’m exhausted most days when I get home. I had intended to spend five hours this week adding a bathroom in my basement and it got one and a half.

The auction listings didn’t have accurate model numbers so today I’m gonna bebop over to the shop and measure everything and make notes. Then I’ll make little templates and try out different floor plans. I’m not sure if I want to be a bakery cafe, cafe diner, pastry factory or what. There’s not much parking with a drive-through.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
2 out of 7 apartments ? Do you have a bunch of rental properties ?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Is seven a bunch or would you call that a passel or a grip or what

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

A garnishing of landlords

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

OP have you sold any donuts yet? To strangers for money?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I’m not even servsafe

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Rationale posted:

Is seven a bunch or would you call that a passel or a grip or what

I believe beyond four apartments it's grouped as a guillotine of apartments.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Gotta see pics of these apartments. Given the donut property, the over/under on grams of meth smoked inside must be 250kg.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I lived in one of them way back and I’m more of a smokeable coke guy

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Rationale posted:

Lil baby got some tubes in his ears because they were chronically infected. Two days later he’s happier than average before surgery.

Poor little dude. I had chronic ear infections as a kid and it was the worst.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Well Played Mauer posted:

Gotta see pics of these apartments. Given the donut property, the over/under on grams of meth smoked inside must be 250kg.

Over under does not work this way!!

Unless it is implied that odds are even with a 250 total

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

Rationale posted:

He’s been getting poo poo about being colorblind so we’re navigating insecurity together.

As a colourblind person, just don't constantly ask him 'what colour is this' and it should be ok. Also, it took me 30 years to learn peanut butter isn't green, so go gently.

It totally is green though.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Doug Sisk posted:

As a colourblind person, just don't constantly ask him 'what colour is this' and it should be ok. Also, it took me 30 years to learn peanut butter isn't green, so go gently.

It totally is green though.

You need those chromatic glasses that let colorblind people see additional colors, because if your peanut butter is green you need to throw it out

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

Rationale posted:

I lived in one of them way back and I’m more of a smokeable coke guy

Freebasing is the champagne of coke consumption.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
A thing of beauty, this

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

A gang tag for the op

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I thought bfc would be horny about the come-up honestly

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Rationale posted:

I thought bfc would be horny about the come-up honestly

:guillotine:

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I only lease to conservatives this is all above-board and consensual

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

this is incredible.

but, dear other posters, please minimize non-donut derails. this is not gonna be a backdoor landlord thread because that would invite headache inducing drama.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

pmchem posted:

backdoor landlord

I’m not up on my hip lingo, what’s this a euphemism for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Scientastic posted:

I’m not up on my hip lingo, what’s this a euphemism for?

quote:

A backdoor pilot is a film or miniseries that serves as a proof of concept for a full series, but may be broadcast on its own even if the full series is not picked up. The term may also be used for an episode of an existing television show that serves to introduce a spin-off. Such backdoor pilots commonly focus on an existing character or characters from the parent series who are to be given their own show.

So a backdoor landlord thread would be a way to sneakily turn a thread into a landlord thread