Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Scientastic posted:

I’m not up on my hip lingo, what’s this a euphemism for?

Someone else owns your rear end? We needs smiley

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Rationale posted:

I only lease to conservatives this is all above-board and consensual

This sub generally dunks on libertarians too

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
So let's pretend this is all real. OP, how exactly did you figure that opening a business on top of managing properties would give you more time to spend with your kids? Was that something your wife was going to take over, along with working full-time and raising your young children?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Eventually I’ll be rich enough to hire everything done

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

How were you planning to manage before that eventuality?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I’ll do most of it and hire out what I can’t

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Rationale posted:

I’ll do most of it and hire out what I can’t

How did you think this would give you more time with your family, rather than less?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
If it sucks I’ll get a job

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

That doesn't answer my question at all, but whatever, none of it this is real

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Morpheus voice real is just electrical impulses in your brain

Edit:

Real talk with brioche I can be open 5-12 and only have to be there like 430-1 so I can be around the kids most days 115-9 versus the 6-9 we have lately

Hopefully I don’t have a hard time selling hot cakes

Rationale fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 22, 2023

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Solid plan imo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Also their little hands are perfect for decorating, the kids will surely be put to work on the donut line.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Sounds like you’ve worked some kids in your time, tell us more

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

zaurg posted:

Solid plan imo

:five:

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

I like your avatar of Canuck. Knife-stealing crows ftw

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rationale posted:

Morpheus voice real is just electrical impulses in your brain

Edit:

Real talk with brioche I can be open 5-12 and only have to be there like 430-1 so I can be around the kids most days 115-9 versus the 6-9 we have lately

Hopefully I don’t have a hard time selling hot cakes

If you plan to open at 5 am (why?) you will need to be there a lot earlier than 4:30 to make all the donuts, right?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Leperflesh posted:

If you plan to open at 5 am (why?) you will need to be there a lot earlier than 4:30 to make all the donuts, right?

What did you think the kids were gonna be doing?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Leperflesh posted:

What are you, some kind of clock and timing nerd?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
time to make the shitposts

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
How much did you spend on the rentals op?

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

We probably don't want to talk rentals. Thread OP is already making enough forum drama without being explicit about his landlording behaviors.

Edit: my head cannon is that he won those properties in wrestling matches.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Leperflesh posted:

You have to open at 5 if you want to capture people who head to work early or get a coffee on a jog, stuff like that. When I was a barista we did a surprising proportion of business at 5-8 am. Lots of construction workers.

That said, you also can't close at 1, because you want to get high school lunch traffic and that will definitely go later than 1. In fact, if you want to be profitable, ideally you would be open until after they leave (about 3:30 or 4?) to catch everyone who wants an after-school snack. Then after you lock the doors you need to clean and prep for tomorrow and set dough to rise, so probably leave about like 6

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Residency Evil posted:

How much did you spend on the rentals op?

How much did you spend on your sense of entitlement?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Epitope posted:

How much did you spend on your sense of entitlement?

The same as inherited rentals.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Like 38k a unit. I’m handy.

I’m huge on serving the morning commute because one time I was working in a high rise and the caribou coffee in the one lobby didn’t open until after my break and I wasted my whole break walking there and why in the hell would you open at ten.

And yeah I’m the early going I’m not going to see my kids much more than I do now.

Currently my options are to forego income and be with the family or be at work all drat day and come home crankier than the day before.

If the shop fails they’ll still let me crank bolts with a respirator on.

If the shop blows up I’ll get into the next thing and then the next thing like a katamari. Drive through>>piping fabrication shop>>mechanical contractor >> real estate development >> asteroid mining

Edit: then I’ll be idle rich and I’ll ride around the world in a luxury rv on and extended homeschool field trip

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Kaysette posted:

time to make the shitposts

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Rationale posted:

Drive through>>piping fabrication shop

realtalk if there was a drive-through pipe fabrication shop where you could get fresh donuts I don't think any of the other shops would survive.

Local contractors also wouldn't survive the diabetes and congestive heart failure but they would at least die happy.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

bbcisdabomb posted:

realtalk if there was a drive-through pipe fabrication shop where you could get fresh donuts I don't think any of the other shops would survive.

Local contractors also wouldn't survive the diabetes and congestive heart failure but they would at least die happy.

Well start a trade school where the kids have to make donuts to pass. Bing Bang Boom so simple. Do Not Steal idea!!!

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I’ll have the best break room of any job in the hall

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you gonna pave that lot or what OP? Trying to get all 6000 donut freaks through is gonna turn your lot into a car eater.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

He can then buy the busted cars on the cheap and resell them. Every single way he's coming out ahead here!

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Volmarias posted:

He can then buy the busted cars on the cheap and resell them. Every single way he's coming out ahead here!

Everything's coming up Rationale!

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
Goddamnit it's a loving landlord thread? Real estate goes up hundreds of percent a year, why do anything but borrow against the housing you're hoarding.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

slurm posted:

Goddamnit it's a loving landlord thread? Real estate goes up hundreds of percent a year, why do anything but borrow against the housing you're hoarding.

it's not a landlord thread, and any further attempts to turn it into a landlord thread will be met with sixers. don't gently caress up this dumbass wishful thinking donut thread

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

I googled "rent a donut" and I learned that there exists a business model where customers pay to rent a decorative wall structure covered in assorted donuts.

Maybe OP could consider a new fantasy offering for their shop. They'd probably greatly enjoy the construction portions making all the variously inventive decorative shapes. I'm sure there's no need to estimate how many potential customers in the area actually are having fancy events or parties each month prior to getting started.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I just wanna know when he’s gonna pave his parking lot

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

coconono posted:

He just needs to visit 3-4 more junk auctions at defunct strip joints/pizza parlors to buy crap he doesn't need and then he'll be be good to go.

Hey OP, you know what adds class to any donut store? A High Life pool table lamp so impregnated with cigarette smoke that even the clear parts have turned also turned beige.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

coconono posted:

Maybe he can buy the jackhammered remains of a decommissioned parking lot at auction and put it all back together again. Call it upcycled or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You can buy millings that is the top layer of roads they are paving. Heat it up you got new pavement!