Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
That’s how they pave stuff it’s mostly old pavement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So when OP?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Admiralty Flag posted:

He just needs to visit 3-4 more junk auctions at defunct strip joints/pizza parlors to buy crap he doesn't need and then he'll be be good to go.

Hey OP, you know what adds class to any donut store? A High Life pool table lamp so impregnated with cigarette smoke that even the clear parts have turned also turned beige.

Nah, you gotta get one of those Schlitz signs with the demonic bull. Nothing intimidates people into buying more donuts like a red-eyed steer glowering at them from above a grimy window covered with plywood.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

So when OP?

OP was a troll, the doughnut shop never was gonna happen, and now the magic is over and it’s boring.

At least we will always have that photo of wresting medals.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Maybe if you had the patience to see things through you’d have some medals of your own

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

You gotta pave the way to your own greatness

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Real talk the paving question is a tough one because retention pond. I’m going to dump a bunch of gravel there to set a 20’ conex box and a dumpster for construction use. If gravel won’t fly and they make me dig a rain pond I’ll probably have to buy the lot across the alley.

Hopefully the salt around here has people despondent about their cars and I can get away with $1500 of limestone but that’s not something I plan to tackle this February anyway

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Rationale posted:

Real talk the paving question is a tough one because retention pond. I’m going to dump a bunch of gravel there to set a 20’ conex box and a dumpster for construction use. If gravel won’t fly and they make me dig a rain pond I’ll probably have to buy the lot across the alley.

Hopefully the salt around here has people despondent about their cars and I can get away with $1500 of limestone but that’s not something I plan to tackle this February anyway

That’s smart you wouldn’t want to take on too much.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm from the country and gravel doesn't last. Have fun not selling any donuts because you had to push a jeep out of your self induced ditch.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Coming up on 5 months and OP hasn’t even sold a single donut. At this rate he’ll be selling 0’s of donuts a year.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

He gave some away so technically negative donuts

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I got a $60 espresso machine from Aldi for home use does anyone have some hot tips

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I woulda cleaned the building out first then bought stuff, but what do I know.

I do know its a shame because you could at least do us all the courtesy of launching your halfbaked business and devoting enough money into it that it becomes a community project to unfuck it. We could get that snarky chef guy licking your donut taps and screaming about there's salt in the mix.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rationale posted:

I got a $60 espresso machine from Aldi for home use does anyone have some hot tips

yeah there's no such thing as a good $60 espresso machine but it can probably at least steam milk so my tip is make coffee some other way and then steam some milk and you can have a latte

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Rationale posted:

Yes buy lotto tickets instead

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Tnuctip posted:

Coming up on 5 months and OP hasn’t even sold a single donut. At this rate he’ll be selling 0’s of donuts a year.

He hasn't lost his life savings yet, he's more successful than most goon businesses.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
How do I get the bubbles to stay in the milk instead of floating on top of it

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Rationale posted:

the f1 thread could probably help you on this

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Rationale posted:

How do I get the bubbles to stay in the milk instead of floating on top of it

Put the steam exhaust point just under the surface of the milk. I think of it like creating a meringue — the point is to introduce many small air bubbles into the substrate.

If you just dunk the steam exhaust into the cup of milk it will heat up the milk and eventually boil it. That’s not the point.

You want to create a (somewhat) thin layer of bubble-injected milk along the top of the cup, pour that into your coffee cup, and be left with a normal cup of milk that still has 90% of what you started with.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I’ve been getting a dunkin latte on the ride home from work most days lately and one time it was transcendental and I’ve been chasing that dragon ever since

Edit: I cracked the code you just swish it around real hard and mix the foam back into the milk at the end bars bing bada boom

Rationale fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 5, 2023

fishhooked
Nov 14, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Nap Ghost

Rationale posted:

Has your lot been paved in the past? Are you really increasing the overall impervious area?

Underground detention is an option if you don't want to buy the poo poo hole across the way.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Rationale posted:

I’ve been getting a dunkin latte on the ride home from work most days lately and one time it was transcendental and I’ve been chasing that dragon ever since

The absolute proof that the thread is just a shitposting bit for the op is now here.

Please continue posting.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Bought another cheap espresso machine to take to work with me because energy drinks cost money and eating caffeine pills makes me feel like I’m in a penal colony on mars

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009
that still seems like a environmental upgrade

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Another Goon Project ends the only way it ever could

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
A toxic waste dump

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Rationale posted:

A toxic waste dump

Toxic Waste! That's what that building is made to sell!

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Does the sba do superfund sites?

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Rationale posted:

Does the sba do superfund sites?

Oh poo poo, this actually is right near you, isn't it?

Hope you're okay, donuts or otherwise.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I just paid sixteen dollars and fifty cents plus tax for six "mochi donuts" in the sf bay area
this proves the donut business is absurdly profitable op, you're gonna print

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Bay Area is all paved over tho

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

They paved paradise and put up a donut shop

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Big Taint posted:

They paved paradise and put up a donut shop

with a broken fridge
some old chairs
and a tasty brioche

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Leperflesh posted:

I just paid sixteen dollars and fifty cents plus tax for six "mochi donuts" in the sf bay area
this proves the donut business is absurdly profitable op, you're gonna print

Mochill Shill

Socialized
Oct 27, 2010
Have you kept up with practicing your donuts OP?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ground’s startin to warm up you gonna fix that mud pit you call a parking lot

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

coconono posted:

Ground’s startin to warm up you gonna fix that mud pit you call a parking lot

If their car gets stuck they will wait inside and eat donuts :tapshead:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if my car gets stuck in a parking lot thats just like an Ultramarine planting his sword in the ground. State law.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

What about something crazy like selling donuts? OP you should get some donuts from Krispy Kreme for a fundraiser, except the fundraiser is your competing donut empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i will say maybe 3 weeks ago i made apple fritters based off this thread. i liked them more once they had cooled. and wasnt really sure what to do with the oil. idk throwing it out seems weird but thats what the internet told me.