Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

the Dilburrito also caused unforeseen explosive flatulence, lol at having your whole dev team subsisting wholly on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

People poo poo on Jim Davis for making all of his creative decisions from a marketing perspective, but at least his drive to be ruthlessly capitalistic in his enterprise has kept him from being a constant embarrassment like Scott Adams...

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

yeah, jim may have licensed his characters for every product under the sun, but he hasn't (as far as i've seen) went on a rant genders, "superiority", nor publicly listed his incredibly long list of being scammed

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1515824752891695104

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fool me once, shame on you

rob me for the average annual American household income 7 times…

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilberito

he wanted to make a burrito that was so digestible you never had to take a poo poo

ugggghhhhh

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

fool me once, shame on you

rob me for the average annual American household income 7 times…

5-7 times, somewhere in that range he's not sure. might even be 8

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i guarantee you at least 3-5 of those were a hot chick that hosed him a couple times and asked for a car then ghosted lmao

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilberito

he wanted to make a burrito that was so digestible you never had to take a poo poo

god drat this is funny

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

the microwave burrito that is also soylent, but with a cool, irreverent "dilbert" twist.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

soylent was also the first thing i thought reading through that article

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i remember him blaming the failure on the anti-free-market practices of food distributors and shelf placement and poo poo like that

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
how have so many of yall never heard of the the dilberito

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
more like dildorito

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

graph posted:

how have so many of yall never heard of the the dilberito

I reside in a rural locale in a far away land and I have heard of this alternative gas generation method

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

dioxazine posted:

soylent was also the first thing i thought reading through that article

and dilburrito was the first thing i though of when soylent started making the rounds.

don't nobody learn anything

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Silver Alicorn posted:

I saw he got dropped from 77 newspapers yesterday and I was wondering why.

amusingly, this is because a newspaper group, Lee Enterprises, was cutting costs and enforced a uniform comics/syndication package across all of their papers instead of having unique layouts/
selections for each one
:

The Daily Cartoonist posted:

The change will be drastic to [St. Louis, MO] Post-Dispatch readers. If I read the Waco Tribune-Herald statement correctly, The Post-Dispatch comics page will drop from 34 to 10 comics!

even funnier, they're going with Scott Adams' syndicator, Andrews-McMeel, but they dropped Dilbert because they're too cheap to pony up for too many long-tenured strips, not because he's a right-wing blowhard

as you might expect, the kind of grampys who read newspaper comics are furious, but not because of Dilbert! they're madder that poo poo like Baby Blues and Bizarro are gone

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
are they still drawing zippy the pinhead

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
just turn your monitor off

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

by god the day they drop Alley Oop is the day i cancel my subscription

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

rotor posted:

i remember him blaming the failure on the anti-free-market practices of food distributors and shelf placement and poo poo like that

he specifically blamed Kraft for sending operatives to the Petaluma gas station and covering up the Dilberitos with lunchables

i read a bunch of his books when i was younger, he spent a chapter talking about this

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

infernal machines posted:

he has in fact always sucked, he was just way less vocal about it pre-2001 or so

one of his books had the pro-tip that if you're the messier one in the relationship you can just: stop cleaning. your partner has only 2 options, either clean or let their standards relax, either way you don't have to do anything!!!! those are the only two options!!!

btw the woman he was married to when he wrote that divorced him? idk why tho

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

JawnV6 posted:

he specifically blamed Kraft for sending operatives to the Petaluma gas station and covering up the Dilberitos with lunchables

i read a bunch of his books when i was younger, he spent a chapter talking about this

how much are we wagering that this was one of the 5-7 times he was robbed of more than 50k?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i have never really read dilbert. i do remember it being compared to userfriendly though

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

JawnV6 posted:

same, and yeah, it was obvious even to an idiot teen that this guy was an absolute moron, a fountain of terrible ideas and bad advice, even if i did like his cartoons

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

i guarantee you at least 3-5 of those were a hot chick that hosed him a couple times and asked for a car then ghosted lmao

Ghost-Ride the Drip

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

the only good Dilbert comic imo is the Wally Reflector

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Ghost-Ride the Drip

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

when i was younger, i assumed all the characters were supposed to be glib parodies. i didn't realize it extended to the creator until a few years ago

specifically when he lost, then recovered, his voice. what did he do with this miraculous return? open his mouth and spout the dumbest takes possible

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
once again this just proves that having people out themselves as loudmouthed morons is literally the one thing twitter is good for

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Ghost-Ride the Drip

lmbo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

once again this just proves that having people out themselves as loudmouthed morons is literally the one thing twitter is good for

its also good for nodevember

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Ghost-Ride the Drip

ugh 'the Wimp' would of course been far better.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

chodevember

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

fart simpson posted:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

the only good Dilbert comic imo is the Wally Reflector

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

dioxazine posted:

i have never really read dilbert. i do remember it being compared to userfriendly though

whoa whoa whoa. I don’t want to be the guy defending dilbert here because Scott Adams is a shitstain, but his comic is decent. userfriendly is slashdot, the comic strip and is painfully bad to read.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

did scott adams say that if hillary were elected he would be murdered in the streets by lib gangs? or was that esr

also the only smarty-pants comic strip that is not tedious and awful is saturday morning breakfast cereal. don't even @ me with user friendly, xkcd, dilbert, phd-comics, ugh

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1278316325044056064

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
he said he voted for hillary because otherwise she would murder him