Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
does colloquy still work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

~Coxy posted:

Checking versiontracker.com

aaag

~Coxy posted:

If you have a G4, there's an alternate app for Quake 3 that you can download from id software that enables AltiVec optimisations.

lol gently caress you

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Hed posted:

idk I can’t find it in my App Store purchases on my M1 so assumed it’s blacklisted or smth

looks like it was pulled however long ago. i still have a copy on my work intel macbook if anyone would like it

did a quick search and maybe it's available via brew? i dont have that installed

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Share Bear posted:

colloquy was the precursor for discord/slack change my mind

that was wave imo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

tinkertool technically still exists but apple has locked down a lot of the settings I used to use it for. it was my #1 post install software, I miss being able to move the dock to the corner of the screen

tinkertool was the poo poo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dijkstracula posted:

any of yall use hotline

yes i was a mod on omnimac

rip hotline, peace be to hinks

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i wasn't hip enough to have hotline in its prime :(

it owned

also the reason i got into electronic music

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
who else had a custom icon banner in the icon pack (this was towards the end of hotline)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

fortunately some germans released carracho and good boards switched over and kept it going a few more years

completely forgot about this

but yeah windows hotline loving destroyed it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Gentle Autist posted:

lmao at using a mac without brew, what’s the point. lol

idk, whats on it

Silver Alicorn posted:

did anyone say adium yet? that sure was a brand

i only recently removed the yellow icon from my dock

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

bnuuy posted:

they still have an iOS app and it works. i still use it for irc

i finally made the switch to textual when i set up my m1 imac. colloquy used to get hilarious memory leak errors and take my whole previous imac down couple times a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I had an app that would do a mega man style intro for whatever you launched complete with the music and everything. in my 5 seconds of searching this is the best I could find but it was awesome for about 5 minutes, but it turns out adding a 15 second delay to launching things gets pretty tedious

whats the kb command to turn the stars into pipis