Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Checking versiontracker.com twice a week for new updates to Fire.app and Watson.

And be sure to check macosxhints.com to learn all the hidden defaults write commands! You can make the terminal windows transparent!!!
http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20001120133050864

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

If you have a G4, there's an alternate app for Quake 3 that you can download from id software that enables AltiVec optimisations.
(suck it, Pentium lusers!!!)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

If you're still using Internet EXPLODER 5.2, do yourselves a favour and check out OmniWeb.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I wish the Ventrilo server admin would pony up the extra three bucks a month to enable Speex codec. I'm sick of having to run the Windows version in Virtual PC.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

rotor posted:

2) that quake terminal thing that drops down from the top edge when you hit ctrl+~

Visor

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

qirex posted:

tinkertool technically still exists but apple has locked down a lot of the settings I used to use it for. it was my #1 post install software, I miss being able to move the dock to the corner of the screen

also, making hidden apps have translucent icons on the dock was required

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

~Coxy posted:

If you have a G4, there's an alternate app for Quake 3 that you can download from id software that enables AltiVec optimisations.
(suck it, Pentium lusers!!!)

I forgot that I do actually have a screenshot of this, although the screenshot is obviously from much later

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

graph posted:

i only recently removed the yellow icon from my dock

nobody tell him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I think someone in the old Mac Megathread made that