Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It's Co-Yo-Tay.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Coyotes make spooky noises for sure op

I live next to a park in a suburb and they like to hang out there and sing sometimes which is spooky and cool then I see the missing cat posters around the apartment complex and get sad :(

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

those people should have kept their cats indoors imo

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

or live on a farm where the cats can form a large cat gang and overwhelm the kyotes

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

They keep putting up the cat posters!

“My outdoor cat has been missing for 12 weeks and coyotes live in the woods and fields nearby and have been spotted casually strolling down the street. Pls advise on standard attrition rate for pets who live in a hostile environment”

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

those people should have kept their cats indoors imo

Don't disagree. Still makes me sad to think about :(

Coyotes are weird - I saw one once on someones lawn during my short commute to work and they look like dogs but somehow wrong. They move differently and it kinda threw off my mental processing.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t remember what thread it was but some poster a while back told a story about an old Maine coon cat their family had who such an ornery old bastard that it had actually gotten into a fight with a coyote and won by ripping the drat thing’s throat out.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I don’t remember what thread it was but some poster a while back told a story about an old Maine coon cat their family had who such an ornery old bastard that it had actually gotten into a fight with a coyote and won by ripping the drat thing’s throat out.

epic

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Did you know...

There is a species of wolf called a "red wolf," but a lot of what looks like "red wolfs" in the wild are not actually a species, but a wolf/coyote hybrid... a coywolf.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coywolf

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Good puppy :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAoWWM-ERpc

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

BigBadSteve posted:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Got some wolves out here making "uwu" sounds and I don't like it one bit no sir.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Cat goes in for the “kill” at 0:49 when the coyote turns its head away for a split second :3:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Bula Vinaka posted:

Did you know...

There is a species of wolf called a "red wolf," but a lot of what looks like "red wolfs" in the wild are not actually a species, but a wolf/coyote hybrid... a coywolf.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coywolf

I remember when I was a little kid in school in the cafeteria there was a poster of critically endangered animals, the red wolf was one of them. Lol trying to save a species that didn’t exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011