Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So RE4 appears to be the whole game. I knew it! Awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah, confirmed in specific terms in the blog. I was pretty sure but it sure is nice to have any doubt erased.

And drat it looks pretty.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

That's really impressive. RE engine is wizard poo poo.

Absolute Zeroes
Apr 1, 2011
Anyone tried the beatsaber psvr2 update? Its pretty dire. Saber angle totally off like its pistol whip. 🤦‍♂️.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Edit: posted wrong place.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Sony should write Capcom a thank you letter for justifying their VR platform and game showcase

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Absolute Zeroes posted:

Anyone tried the beatsaber psvr2 update? Its pretty dire. Saber angle totally off like its pistol whip. 🤦‍♂️.

That's pretty disappointing. If it wasn't for Zelda, I'd have open-palm slammed 30 bucks into my PS5's disc drive. Guess I can hold off a bit.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like that one of the only AAA game franchises that seems to have any sort of desire to port their games to VR also happens to be one of my favorite franchises of all time

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I said come in! posted:

it's just Sony who has this problem with a online gaming store front in 2023.

lol no it isnt are you insane

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Beatsaber hotfix coming early next week: https://www.reddit.com/r/beatsaber/comments/13rjaw3/hotfix_on_the_way/

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bugblatter posted:

PSVR2 was only available directly from Sony in most markets during the reported timeframe,

Unless the US and maybe UK are bigger than every other market combined I don't think this is accurate. Most countries had it in regular stores.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Absolute Zeroes posted:

I'm not having any issues! But I know someone else who is, so I don't have an explanation for why this is happening.

Absolute Zeroes
Apr 1, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I'm not having any issues! But I know someone else who is, so I don't have an explanation for why this is happening.

Yeah, thats whats wildest to me. I noticed it by the time the menu loaded. And at that point it wasnt even widely acknowledged. Heres hoping the both fix smoother this out as its strange it even got out the door in this state.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Absolute Zeroes posted:

Yeah, thats whats wildest to me. I noticed it by the time the menu loaded. And at that point it wasnt even widely acknowledged. Heres hoping the both fix smoother this out as its strange it even got out the door in this state.

And the devs as well acknowledge that it is a problem that exists. They hope to have it fixed next week.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Unless the US and maybe UK are bigger than every other market combined I don't think this is accurate. Most countries had it in regular stores.

They also werent in normal stores in pretty much the whole of Asia. I was pretty sure it wasnt in most of South America and much of Europe. It still isnt in most of Asia.

Wasnt it just Canada, Australia, and the EU that did have it?

Even if it was only the US, UK, and Asia, those three areas make up a massive percentage of new hardware sales.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 25, 2023

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So when are we getting Resi 4?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

My wild guess is probably next spring. There was a year between the previous two games launches and their VR modes. That was also just when the headsets launched, but I feel like if RE4 was going to release this year then theyd have announced a launch window.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bugblatter posted:

My wild guess is probably next spring. There was a year between the previous two games launches and their VR modes. That was also just when the headsets launched, but I feel like if RE4 was going to release this year then theyd have announced a launch window.

RE7 was VR capable from day one, it was a VR game before people even knew it was Resident Evil.

The exclusivity window for PSVR was technically one year but it never got officially ported to anything else.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

So we can buy Beat Saber now? Ive honestly never played it. Red Matter has stolen my soul I tell you what. I took a bit of a break from the vr thing for a bit, just kind of mehd on it. But then it only takes one good game to totally get you hooked back on it. Its really an incredible way to game.

I got pretty far in the RE4 remake before it got a bit repetitive. I cant imagine it in VR. Driving the boat? Id vomit.

Come to think of it shoot the lake in VR is going to turn into a whole other thing wont it.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Dewgy posted:

RE7 was VR capable from day one, it was a VR game before people even knew it was Resident Evil.

The exclusivity window for PSVR was technically one year but it never got officially ported to anything else.

Ah, I thought the PSVR launched a year after RE7, but uh it was the other way around. Whoops.

Blind Rasputin posted:

I got pretty far in the RE4 remake before it got a bit repetitive. I cant imagine it in VR. Driving the boat? Id vomit.

The original RE4 already has a VR version from Capcom that is much loved, so the remake will probably play similarly. Except now we can knife parry in VR!

The boat is not much different from driving a car in VR.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 26, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

So we can buy Beat Saber now?

Its available now! But there are some serious gameplay issues with it currently, your mileage may vary, but the devs admit the game is a bit broken and they will have a fix out next week. https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4882-PPSA14734_00-BEATSABERFULLPS5

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Blind Rasputin posted:

Driving the boat? Id vomit.

RE8 VR has the same kind of boat and its no big deal, all they did was make it so it doesnt shake the camera around and its perfectly fine.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

They're gonna have to do something about the Del Lago fight though. Getting dragged around involuntarily by a lake monster sounds like puke city, I would need vignetting down to a pinhole.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Bugblatter posted:

They also weren’t in normal stores in pretty much the whole of Asia. I was pretty sure it wasn’t in most of South America and much of Europe. It still isn’t in most of Asia.

Wasn’t it just Canada, Australia, and the EU that did have it?

Even if it was only the US, UK, and Asia, those three areas make up a massive percentage of new hardware sales.

It wasn't sold retail in Germany until early May 2023.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Hopper posted:

It wasn't sold retail in Germany until early May 2023.

Yeah, looking it up and it wasn't available in EU retail stores at all until May, the same time it became available in the UK and US. Prior to that, only Canada and Australia had it in major retailers. It still isn't available through retail in other regions.

So, "most countries" certainly did not have it in retail.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
We didn't see anything about the new Firewall in that thing. I am sad.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Dewgy posted:

RE8 VR has the same kind of boat

SPOILERS (Or is that just the PS4 thread?)

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Beatsaber's odd saber angle is surprisingly able to get used to, just pretend you are one of those fictional characters where swords shoot out their wrist of the back of the hand. Still hope they fix it but I was able to have some good fun with it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think because my previous experience with Beat Saber, was on the HP Reverb G2, where the game isnt playable on that headset's motion controllers. So PSVR2 Beat Saber feels really good.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does Red Matter pick up? Played the first hour or so and was a little bored tbh.

The clarity of the visuals is definitely nuts though. I hope more games shoot for that

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Does Red Matter pick up? Played the first hour or so and was a little bored tbh.

The clarity of the visuals is definitely nuts though. I hope more games shoot for that

Me too, played it for a bit and didnt really get into it. My kid loves it so at least theres that. Wheres my flight/space/tank/mech games?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Holy gently caress they snuck out that BeatSaber update! I haven't been following this thread close, and I only noticed it was available when poking around the PSN store out of boredom.

I just played about 90 minutes of it for the first time in ages and I am drenched in sweat and my arms feel noodly. I bought a few song packs, one of em had Sandstorm. That one's fuckin brutal even on normal.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Its a puzzle game. Kinda Myst but more guided and easy. Theres some very light combat later in but thats essentially a puzzle too.

So, nope, haha. The puzzles get more involved though, the early ones are sort of trivial.

The clarity is apparently due to super sampling in the focal area. They could have run the entire image at the screens native res, but found using the foveated rendering to keep the periphery at a rather low res so that they could super sample some crazy high resolutions where youre looking provided a perceptual clarity thats far greater than a native full res image.

Thats something weve known from camera tech for decades, but the effect is far more profound in VR. So, yeah hopefully other devs take note.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 27, 2023

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Neptune is nuuuts my god.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Beat Saber Sandstorm on normal is still pretty tough but I forced custom color palette and managed to finish it on 'normal'. The default alternate color palette for the 'electronica mix' is kind of awful. I also got the 'rock mix', and fuckin lol at Free Bird being a nearly 9 minute map. Double lol at 'Eye of the Tiger' having so much crouching, it's probably going to hospitalize the boomers that still get turnt on it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Whats the current state of No Mans Sky? Last I remember reading it was a bit muddy looking at PSVR2 launch. Has it been improved?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Fix posted:

Whats the current state of No Mans Sky? Last I remember reading it was a bit muddy looking at PSVR2 launch. Has it been improved?

Improved but still bad. It sounds like the proc gen nature of the game makes it very difficult to optimize for acceptable resolutions.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

No Mans Sky felt overwhelmingly complex in VR. It wasnt fun.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I liked most of the interface but the way they handle the joysticks is really bad for the amount of time you have to do it. Like physically grabbing the joystick and throttle would be very cool if it was a brief mechanic in a short game but for something youd do for hours it really should have used standard controls.

The AR style inventory on wrists was cool though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Bugblatter posted:

I liked most of the interface but the way they handle the joysticks is really bad for the amount of time you have to do it. Like physically grabbing the joystick and throttle would be very cool if it was a brief mechanic in a short game but for something youd do for hours it really should have used standard controls.

The AR style inventory on wrists was cool though.

Yeah, I liked everything except flight controls, which made me not play it.

I have loving thumb sticks, let me use them FFS!