Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Bruceski posted:

You definitely want to preview dyes before shelling out for the expensive stuff if you change often enough that your wallet cares. Another factor alongside the ones mentioned is that a lot of metal gear will give a metallic sheen to the normal dyes without needing to buy the general-purpose ones.

Always try before you buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

biceps crimes posted:

Does anyone have a rundown of Bozja? I finally unlocked it and have a few dps classes at level 71, but after doing the first few beginner quests in the zone, I'm kind of lost. Not sure how I'm supposed to grind levels out in this place

You mostly just run around and do the FATE style encounters that spawn around the place. This is probably not as easy these days as bozja as a whole is less busy outside the one area in a later part which is considered the "good" area to grind.

Lost actions are useful but you don't need to think too hard about them, the most important ones are essences which give you really powerful passive buffs that last until you leave your current bozja instance. Those are well worth doing.

If critical engagements spawn you can sign up for them, but I wouldn't bother if the area is quiet cos if you end up with just 3 of you fighting the boss you'll probably just die

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Bruceski posted:

Where I run into problems is matching pieces to things that are either undyable or that I want to keep as-is. That's when exactly the right shade of black or gray can stand out.

The hat's white doesn't match the Snow White on the coat, and neither white matches the Alexandrian bottom half. That said, the outfit looked good under normal lighting, the differences weren't as apparent as they were in the dressing room.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Dareon posted:

The hat's white doesn't match the Snow White on the coat, and neither white matches the Alexandrian bottom half. That said, the outfit looked good under normal lighting, the differences weren't as apparent as they were in the dressing room.

Yeah, I love that hat, but matching it is a pain. Two biggest problems with glamours I have are matching non dyeable pieces and hair clipping. One is pretty easily solved, but the other...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This season's PVP Red Mage hat is the basic hat but with a black portion, and it's dyeable. I was so excited, thinking either the red or the feather would be the dyeable parts. They're not. It's the black portion that you can dye.

Still made my favorite RDM glam ever with it.

You can't tell the hat doesn't quite match the jacket unless you're actively looking for it.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 15, 2023

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dareon posted:

That said, the outfit looked good under normal lighting, the differences weren't as apparent as they were in the dressing room.

That's the other factor, yeah. I find that half the time you can either get "looks good in glam poses" or "looks good in the world", not both. Or maybe that's just my brain being extra picky about how things move.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I have white highlights in my hair so all white clothing must be dyed the expensive white, not the ordinary craftable white. The ordinary white looks yellowed and unpleasant in contrast to my hair.

I did this to myself. :negative:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Picayune posted:

I have white highlights in my hair so all white clothing must be dyed the expensive white, not the ordinary craftable white. The ordinary white looks yellowed and unpleasant in contrast to my hair.

I did this to myself. :negative:
For 2000 gil you can undo it to yourself

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

girl dick energy posted:

For 2000 gil you can undo it to yourself

but my haaaaaaair

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Picayune posted:

but my haaaaaaair
Just dull the white to match the cheap white dye.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

it varies from piece to piece but I find the pearl white dye from restoration/island vendors gets me the whiteness I want at a much cheaper price.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
e: Wrong thread, it's going in the other one

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

URIANGER: Thou hast returned from thy contest with Garuda -
ME: Wait aren't you stuck in the First right now?
URIANGER: Thou should shuttest up thine filthy mouth.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Funky Valentine posted:

URIANGER: Thou hast returned from thy contest with Garuda -
ME: Wait aren't you stuck in the First right now?
URIANGER: Thou should shuttest up thine filthy mouth.

I had been wondering how things would be if I pray returned right now. It's fine, once you finish moving to Mor Dhona the Waking Sands is basically unstuck in time.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

All quests happen when they’re supposed to happen, not when you do them

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

RME posted:

All quests happen when they’re supposed to happen, not when you do them

The comedic experience of saving Dragoon for last

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

I think The Estinien Problem is why they stopped pulling characters from the job quests, which on the one hand is a shame because a lot of them just vanish into the aether (bard boys...), but it also prevents things like the silliness of doing Dragoon 30-50 after Heavensward, or even late ARR.

I'm lucky though, I can get away with visiting Sidurgu whenever I want without having to crack open NG+ just to talk to, say, a middle-aged catboy with a fancy hat.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Like Clockwork posted:

I think The Estinien Problem is why they stopped pulling characters from the job quests, which on the one hand is a shame because a lot of them just vanish into the aether (bard boys...), but it also prevents things like the silliness of doing Dragoon 30-50 after Heavensward, or even late ARR.

I'm lucky though, I can get away with visiting Sidurgu whenever I want without having to crack open NG+ just to talk to, say, a middle-aged catboy with a fancy hat.

I personally think this is a non-issue, but I also haven't done DRG yet. If the pact of "these quests happen when they happened, not when you do them" is solid enough, there's zero problem so long as you can reasonably account for the two states the characters could be in.

Now, making DRG and PLD NPCs interact with each other and you is a bigger issue but if 7.0 pulled... I don't know... Ranaa Mihgo from the DNC quests in to do something or another and didn't need her into interact with Constaint from Heavensward PLD or whatever you can minimize the amount of exponential conditions you introduce. Worried you'll miss something? Catch it in NG+ when you get around to it or go full psycho and grind everything to 90.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Like Clockwork posted:

I did the entirety of DRG post EW and was giggling all the while. I feel like there are three big cut off points where doing DRG late increases in comedic value: post-3.0, post-3.3, and post-5.55.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Estinien has received at least as many serious head injuries as the WoL. Maybe more. Some confusion is to be expected.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Or Estinien and the WoL meet up and are like, hey, let's prank this dude.

FART BOSS
Aug 27, 2008

~hands upon harrows
heels in the weeds
starving and harvesting
down centuries~

Lol last night my cat jumped on my keyboard and stood on just the right keys to send about 15 messages that read something like “0prj;” to the novice network and got me banned from the channel. There should really be a timer/spam filter!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FART BOSS posted:

Lol last night my cat jumped on my keyboard and stood on just the right keys to send about 15 messages that read something like “0prj;” to the novice network and got me banned from the channel. There should really be a timer/spam filter!

Your cat was doing you a favor

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Your cat was doing you a favor

:hmmyes: i hate getting put back in there when i've had returner status

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Novice Network was very helpful for the one question I've ever asked of it, which was "How do I leave Novice Network permanently?"

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It varies by server, Mateus is great for actually helpful mentors. Barring one that's actively unhelpful and threatens to report people for harassment when called on it, but there's still like ten helpful ones active when they're around.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Novice Network was great for asking stupid little questions I could have easily googled.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I got to explain what an Armory Bonus was to someone on NN last week but usually it's mischats and pet typing and RMT bots (fun to kick). I've heard other servers' NNs are fulla drama but Seraph's has been mostly chill.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Heran Bago posted:

Novice Network was great for asking stupid little questions I could have easily googled.

"easily googled" is doing a lot of work in the age of SEO shovel-article sites and mandatory ten minute youtube videos for a 30 second answer.

I never actually joined NN as a sprout because I had goons to answer my questions, but I stuck my head in on a lark when I had returner status and promptly left again on Excal.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

well the fandom ffxiv wiki (first result on google) for Y'shtola has a ridiculous rear end spoiler right at the top of the page next to her name.

like you just google "Y'shtola" and automatically get spoilered without clicking any links. wtf

God Hole fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 24, 2023

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that doesnt matter at all really that's like a red herring in a trailer that amounts to nothing. certainly shouldnt be in the first paragraph about the character lol

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

that doesnt matter at all really that's like a red herring in a trailer that amounts to nothing. certainly shouldnt be in the first paragraph about the character lol

This. It's a nothingburger, but it should indeed not be in the first paragraph.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

they use it in the shadowbringers trailer

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

people shouldn't watch the trailer for shadowbringers until it's time for them to play it!!

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Alxprit posted:

people shouldn't watch the trailer for shadowbringers until it's time for them to play it!!

anyone who was playing when the trailer got released saw the trailer and was told "you're going to bring shadow" and all the specific details 6 months before they could play it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

Yeah it's honestly pretty funny

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

it's like googling a character name and seeing the top result start with "Glupp Shitto was" like yeah it sucks to learn that your most beloved character dies but does it matter? You don't know the context or when it happens, so whatever.

I've started playing through AI Nirvana Initiative and seen a couple spoilery art pieces on Twitter but it's more now that I'm interested in learning how those characters end up in that situation.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I thought the Matoya thing was handled well but yeah its basically just there to give a badass trailer line

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

the only thing you need to know about y'shtola is that she is cool and good and my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Relyssa posted:

the only thing you need to know about y'shtola is that she is cool and good and my friend

this was all I wanted to know :(

Vitamean posted:

it's like googling a character name and seeing the top result start with "Glupp Shitto was" like yeah it sucks to learn that your most beloved character dies but does it matter? You don't know the context or when it happens, so whatever.

I've started playing through AI Nirvana Initiative and seen a couple spoilery art pieces on Twitter but it's more now that I'm interested in learning how those characters end up in that situation.

I was mostly upset at the prospect that wider story implications would be ruined by the revelation like I would've preferred not to know that time travel or alternate dimensions were major plot beats but apparently that's not something I have to worry about too much