Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

wdarkk posted:

It's gonna continue until they're ready to make the next Final Fantasy MMO.

It's going to go until the investment in new content isn't worth what they're making from it.

FF11 got story updates until 2015, and is still available to play. That's 13 years, which if you count 1.0, we're approaching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

hexwren posted:

i thought it expired three months after account creation of character creation of something

it's 90 days after character creation, once the server loses the status. So you keep it past 90 days if the server is still "new".

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Theris posted:

Tank soloing a dungeon boss is acceptable if it has....maybe 20% HP left? Otherwise it's faster to wipe and start over with the whole party. Unless it's the 3rd+ attempt at that boss, in which case gently caress it, they can sit and watch for a while.

No, they have to learn and sit and watch in their shame.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Dareon posted:

The hat's white doesn't match the Snow White on the coat, and neither white matches the Alexandrian bottom half. That said, the outfit looked good under normal lighting, the differences weren't as apparent as they were in the dressing room.

Yeah, I love that hat, but matching it is a pain. Two biggest problems with glamours I have are matching non dyeable pieces and hair clipping. One is pretty easily solved, but the other...

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

If you're not feeling conjurer/white mage, at least at 70 you can switch to Sage and shoot two different kinds of lazers at mobs.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

Perfect, just needed to make sure before wasting dye. Thanks

You can also perma-dye things in the dresser (before or after you put them in), then they'll be that color whenever you add them to a plate.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Mainwaring posted:

There are unique crafting ingredients only available through buying with uncapped tomestones and they sell for a lot. Maybe a bit less now we're late in the patch but a full 2000 tomes should still net you a couple hundred thousand gil on most servers.

The ingredient market is surprisingly strong as most people burn them on relics, so there's less supply than you'd think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Oh I am. It probably isn’t helping that I am just doggedly focused on the MSQ and class quests, but when there are so drat many of them and you need to level up to get your abilities, I didn’t want to waste any more time to get to the better stuff.

If you're ok with focusing one class, you don't need to do those and can save them for other classes if you want. You'll level up fine if you want.

But also if you're not feeling it, that's cool too. Its not for everyone even if it does what it does better than basically everything else.