Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shinjobi posted:

Alisaie has been entertaining since she's been allowed to actually be part of the team. A chip on her shoulder in almost every conversation, she's funny.

Alisaie just gets funnier the more you progress the MSQ. It's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Doomykins posted:

I'm not even at EW yet but Alisae is cool and my well-characterized friend! Bahamut Raid in ARR(ok fine it's ARR and it's Alisae/A Scion in ARR), the Kobold kid in ARR to HW, showing off that she's a Cool RDM And Your Friend into Stormblood, oh gosh she really cares about the WoL from StB into ShB, the desert zone and then some in ShB.

They're talking about Y'shtola.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is there a point to RDM's Enchanted Reprise (the skill you get at 76)?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Alxprit posted:

It pops up in the bottom right corner the same place that loot does. But you can't commend someone who's left the instance, so you gotta be quick about it. On controller, the Select-equivalent will get you to it eventually.

I do wish some people would just stick around for a few seconds. You did a good job, take this comm drat it! :argh:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Make it so if two healers use rescue on the same target at the same time instead of going to either of them it just slingshots the target at the boss.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't think you can even enter an alliance raid by yourself. Like you need at least one person in each alliance.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Like Clockwork posted:

Catboys have a gremlin squat as one of their emotes (I don't remember which one), maybe they were talking about that?

They're talking about how the catgirls squat outside the Missing Member in Limsa

hopeandjoy posted:

It’s one of their /sit.

Wait are there multiple /sits?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dareon posted:

You can /cpose to change it!

I sort of wish everyone had the same, but mostly because I want my Roe to do the Lala "storytime sway" animation.

Oh my God I can actually sit on the ground

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Play RDM and be the ultimate flashing light.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FuturePastNow posted:

and if the ranged DPS aren't using LB on trash packs, it becomes another tank cooldown

What's the etiquette on this? Like will people get mad cause they wanted to save it for the boss?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Raenir Salazar posted:

Really? I feel like nearly every one has a line of "Things were different before The Calamity".

"Little revision" still means some revision I assume.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Are BLUs allowed to do any of the content past lv70? How much can a team of BLUs clear if they can?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gunbreaker literally turns you into a cross between Squall and Seifer from FF8.

Also you get access to a variety of cool rear end coats and jackets.

Also also gunblades are badass.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Raenir Salazar posted:

Had a great Copperbell Mine run. This comment by our healer I think says it best: "This is the best most cursed copperbell mine run I've ever seen."

That's saying something if that guy has seen old copperbell mine even once

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FuturePastNow posted:

I think every job should have a complete kit at level 50 and it should just be potency upgrades after that

That would be boring imo. Make it like Monk where the kit feels complete at level 50, but there's still room to add on.

Like level 50 summoner would feel a lot better if Aether Trance made Ruin instacast.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

WrightOfWay posted:

Monk absolutely does not feel feature complete at 50 anymore. The job revolves around Masterful Blitz and you don't get that until 60.

Maybe I'm thinking of Ninja then?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Qwertycoatl posted:

Ninja is total poo poo at 50 because you don't have Armour Crush so you have to waste a mudra on huton every time

I never had a problem with it, granted I tend to forget about it until the party reaches the next boss.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

GloomMouse posted:

DRK and WAR. Big jobs with big, hard weapons and the power of Love. PLD and GNB, tiny flaccid weapons and stories about ??? Get it together, GNB/PLD

The hosed up thing is GNB had the ingredients for that kind of story.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Arist posted:

When I say "don't" it's because I have been the guy who has cluelessly waited two hours for Titan Ex before, yeah

Same here, wish there was a warning or something cause if I did get in I'm almost 100% certain I would have had a bad time.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

girl dick energy posted:

Wild. I've never had a queue take that long, especially not as a healer. Maybe the only mentor available was also a healer?

The final trials seem to have that kind of problem, had a similar issue with Shadowbringers and Endwalker. Granted for SHB I was DPS, but I was a tank for EW.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

S.J. posted:

The light grind is loving boring as well

Yeah but the books are straight up intimidating those things absolutely killed my relic attempt when I realized I had to do 9 of them one at a time.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

It never ceases to amuse me how utterly necessary macros were in FFXI, and how utterly useless they are (in combat) in FFXIV.

Though to be fair that's because most FFXI macros involved changing multiple gear pieces around mid-combat to get the most out of specific skills, so everyone would be constantly blinking in and out while their character models updated.

I wish FFXIV macros had more utility in combat but I like the accessibility. Especially since it's still controller-friendly.

should call them wackros

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Protect your fluff at all cost

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kind of want to level Paladin just to experience the questline for myself.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

So everyone in the Ivalice raids kind of sucks, right, it's not just me?

Couldn't tell if you were talking about the other people in the raid or people in the storyline.

Arist posted:

Oh, they're all terrible. Hancock is legitimately the least trash person to show up (which, lmao), and iirc they might have cut him out of that questline when they made Ridorana less of a pain to unlock?

e: Mikoto's fine too I guess

I always felt like Ba'gamnan comes out of that storyline looking the best which is pretty funny.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Arist posted:

The Empire is a cancer! And I am the barber's blade!

LIKE A KNIFE THRU BUTTAH

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

As someone who just completed the coils it quickly became one of my favorites. The music and atmosphere in the second coil alone is enough to elevate it past some of the other raids with their cool mechanics and dope vocal tracks.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So to reiterate the importance of RDM gauge balance if your balance is way off like say 19/82 and you use manafication it's won't give you the full 50 just enough to top off the gauge that's almost full while filling up the other the same amount and gently caress up your melee combo.

Granted this is a niche scenario that should almost surely never happen and I certainly did not just experience this firsthand.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Level down...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I do wish there was quest where the WoL explains what happened in the Neir raids to a Scion, because even with all the bullshit they get up to I have a feeling a few of the Scions would find it hard to believe.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just stuff Ramza in a locker

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dareon posted:

I do enjoy that I've survived a lot of mechanics just by following the mass of players like a school of fish.

And then sometimes the mass is wrong and everyone dies

Except for me and then I start dropping verraises and salvage the run cause I'm a Red Mage. :smug:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vitamean posted:

only problem with summoner is it can feel slow and plodding up until you're almost done leveling to 90, but they do seed in the flashing lights and sounds over time.

It's not too bad when you get trance at around 60. Your Ruin 3s becoming instacast help speed things up a lot.

Also don't forget to resummon Carbuncle if you die!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

People are just weird.

Some servers are loaded up with alts that just stand there 24/7 in cash-shop items, or sit on a bench 100% of the time.

Isn't there a story out there about a bench turf war or something like that?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

Even the post-Stormblood MSQ gets immediately bored with Ala Mhigo and ships you off to Othard at first opportunity.

It was either that or MSQ where you put out the smoldering wreckage fires.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FART BOSS posted:

Lol last night my cat jumped on my keyboard and stood on just the right keys to send about 15 messages that read something like “0prj;” to the novice network and got me banned from the channel. There should really be a timer/spam filter!

Your cat was doing you a favor

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

For White Mage do I want to be throwing out Solace and Rapture as soon as they're available so I can get to Misery ASAP?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

There's no harm in holding a stack or two if you expect healing will be necessary somewhere in the next 20s, but if you're at risk of overcapping and/or you have some downtime with no dps to do, fire them off.

Kyrosiris posted:

Against a single target, Misery is effectively DPS neutral, because the GCDs you spend using lilies could be Glares instead, and Misery is the same potency as three Glares.

So, it's more of a "do you need these" question.

E: Also yeah, as Orcs said, you don't want to overcap on lilies.

Thank you!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

GloomMouse posted:

You should go ocean fishing at least once regardless of FSH level. It's just kind of a zany but zero stakes experience

Ocean Fishing:
Entering the fish dimension for the first time is a wild experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

10 seconds of invincibility for all of your health(that the healer can bring back anyway)? When isn't a good time to use it?